Hydaelyn Role-Players
moar filmy stuff - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: moar filmy stuff (/showthread.php?tid=911)

Pages: 1 2

moar filmy stuff - Vareal - 12-14-2010

One of my goals at school is to get as many views on any of my projects as possible. That being the case, here is my demo reel for this quarter and please feel free to brows the rest of the channel, I've still got a few more video's to upload yet.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3oWprvvOPw">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3oWprvvOPw</a><!-- m -->

Bonus: I actually make an appearance, twice, in this demo reel, if someone can spot me and give the times That they saw me in a 0:00 format, I'll pony up some gil! The reason why this is a challenge with a reward is because I haven't posted a single picture of myself on the forums. At least that I'm aware of. Well, anyone who wants to partake in this, have fun and/or good luck!

**EDIT**
I'm sorry, I just watched it again and I appear in the reel 3 times, not two.

Re: moar filmy stuff - Ghunzyr - 12-14-2010

Very cool

Love the music and the visuals.

Are you the guy in the cloak?
Appears: 0:07, 0:20, then a third time at 0:47

Another option is the guy who seems to be in the process of being torn to pieces and consumed by some woman
Appears: 0:26, 0:41, 1:14

If either of those two appear more than 3 times, I can't tell. It's hard identifying people when the faces are obscured and the scenes are changing every few seconds.

Still seems cooler than most film student work I see though.

Re: moar filmy stuff - Vareal - 12-14-2010

No those are not me, but those are both my films. Because I didn't see the third time, I'll give you one of them. at 0:30, with the guy with the red aura thingy and black sky, that's me. Find me two more times and you win a prize :p

Re: moar filmy stuff - Ghunzyr - 12-14-2010

If that is you at 0:30, then it looks like you could also be at 0:15 holding the torch and smacking the woman, and then again as the guy getting knocked down in the woods at approx 0:32-0:33ish (that one goes by quick). I also thought at first that maybe you were the guy doing the shooting at 0:11, but on repeated watchings it looks less and less like you, unless it's angle or something messing with my head.

Incidentally, my first thought when I saw the shot at 0:30 was that it looked eerily like me, only with shorter hair Laugh

Re: moar filmy stuff - Vareal - 12-15-2010

the guy in the hood and shooting the gun in the begining is not me, but the same person. I am, however, the guy getting hit with the axe, so kudos on picking that one out. The chick being slapped in the begining is also the same guy in the hood and shooting the other guy, so notme. But you're uber close to that third one Tongue

Re: moar filmy stuff - Ghunzyr - 12-15-2010

vareal Wrote:the guy in the hood and shooting the gun in the begining is not me, but the same person. I am, however, the guy getting hit with the axe, so kudos on picking that one out. The chick being slapped in the begining is also the same guy in the hood and shooting the other guy, so notme. But you're uber close to that third one Tongue

bah, it's tough picking out who is who in most scenes. But glad I'm getting closer

hmm... not many possibilities left. I got it narrowed down I think.

Is that you getting clobbered in the woods at 0:55?

Re: moar filmy stuff - Eternal Darkness - 12-15-2010

You're getting colder!

I can't get a still shot with his face, but could the answer be the guy playing the drums at around 0:10-0:13?

Re: moar filmy stuff - Vareal - 12-15-2010

nope, lol. give up? :p (I honestly thought me getting axed was the hard one to spot)

I never give up Wink

The tough thing for me is I'm looking at then one you identified at 0:30 and trying to match the face. When I can't see the face, I try going by general body shape and hair.

That isn't so bad, but when you couple that with the fast edits, all that I get are partial glimpses of most of the people in the reel. Couple that with costuming, when things were shot, settings, and lighting, and yeah, it isn't that easy for those of us who don't know you and weren't involved in the creation.

It should be easy for you to recognize yourself in a project you had a hand in Tongue

Are you the guy in the white shirt who seems to be sitting by a fire at 0:18? Doesn't look like you at all (judging by the 0:30 shot), but worth a guess.

I'm not sure if I said it before, but looks like you could maybe be the guy with the spear at 0:38.

Re: moar filmy stuff - Vareal - 12-16-2010

0:16

Re: moar filmy stuff - Ghunzyr - 12-16-2010

vareal Wrote:0:16

The one with the torch slapping someone?

Re: moar filmy stuff - Kaiz - 12-16-2010

What's your major? I see stuff like this from some of the audio/visual students here at AiV. I assume it's not acting. Camera work? Directing? What are you planning on working as? It's a nice demo reel, but it's hard to tell what your specialization is from that alone.

Re: moar filmy stuff - Ghunzyr - 12-16-2010

GabronHallory Wrote:What's your major? I see stuff like this from some of the audio/visual students here at AiV. I assume it's not acting. Camera work? Directing? What are you planning on working as? It's a nice demo reel, but it's hard to tell what your specialization is from that alone.

What's AiV stand for?