Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Level Up (Part I) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: RPC Level Up (Part I) (/showthread.php?tid=918)

RPC Level Up (Part I) - Kylin - 12-23-2010

[Image: LevelUp2.jpg]

RPC UPDATE NOTES

EDIT: Please refresh your browser if the tabs are not displaying correctly!!

Please keep in mind that this update is only meant to primarily lay the foundation for the site. Further site/forum integration and tweaks will continue in future upcoming updates. New features will also be added. For now though, the following has been changed:

Main site--

Moogle A portal has been successfully installed. Further modifications will be made to the graphical aspects and widgets based on feedback. Presently, it is set up as the first page you see coming to the forums. Complications arose in making it the official home page and those complications will be looked into at a later time.

Moogle New navigation system has been installed on the main page and the forum pages. All major sections (excluding Links and Etiquette for now) of the site can be accessed via this new system. Further tweaks and integration will continue in future updates. For instance, the Linkshell directory will eventually be turned into a roster type of system similar to the RPC member list, integrated directly into the forum database. Feedback welcome.

Moogle Links widget added to sidebar (portal only for now).

Moogle Paypal donation widget added to sidebar (portal only for now). Donations will go toward future site fees. The next site fee is due around March/April I think. As of the time of this post, we lack approximately 70 US Dollars for the fee.

Moogle Search bar added to the menu. To utilize the advanced search option, simply click inside the bar, leave it blank, and hit enter. You'€™ll be directed to the advanced search page.

Moogle RPC Facebook and Twitter buttons added to the menu.

Moogle Bookmark/favorites icon for the RPC site has changed. It may take some time to refresh.

Forums--

Moogle Bazaar section has been eliminated due to lack of use. All threads but the most recent have been deleted. Please use the Hydaelyn Observatory for all future topics related to buying/selling in game items.

Moogle Storyboard section has been merged into the Town Square. All individual stories/journals/etc should be marked with a [Closed] tag from here on out. Previously made threads have been altered as such before being moved.

Moogle Recording Studio subsection has been eliminated due to lack of use. All posts in the section have been preserved. Episode comments have been merged with the episode release threads and moved to Headlines. Miscellaneous threads in the section have been moved to the Lounge. An index of episodes can be found in the Headlines sticky (Important Info).

Moogle Guild'€™s Bailey and Guild's Mezzanine subsections have been merged together. Social shell for Rpers and non-Besaid RP shells will now be advertised on this combined section. [Server] and [Social] tags should be utilized as necessary in the thread titles.

Moogle Workshop section has been eliminated. The News Room (for journalists only) and Scribe Chambers have thus come out as their own unique sections.

Moogle Archives has been moved as a subsection into the Scribe Chambers. We'€™ll keep the locked section longer than previously announced.

Moogle Various stickies have been updated or unstickied.

Moogle Changed name of Game Room to "€œHydaelyn Observatory."€

Linkshells--

Moogle The linkshell list has been updated. All Guild Hall threads have been edited as necessary. Some inactive linkshells may very well make a comeback in the very near future. They are welcome to repost their details if that is the case (or PM an admin/mod so we can unlock the thread for them). They will be re-added to the directory quickly seeing as their pages have been preserved (only the link to those pages have been removed).

Statistically, we've seen a drop of approximately 60% of the community'€™s RP linkshells. This is generally pretty common in most RP communities after a game launch, though we’re the only one who keeps tabs on whether linkshells are still active or not. This number will likely rise again in the near future (especially around PS3 release). I will also be making an attempt in the near future to reach a couple other known RP groups on other servers (assuming they’re still active). The updating of the LS roster will hopefully keep the RP groups who are still active in the spotlight where they want to, and should, be.

Coming Soon--

1) Gallery to upload RPC event photos will be hopefully ready by the next update.

2) Status updates similar to Facebook will hopefully be ready by the next update.

3) Forum side widgets presently do not completely match the main site widgets. This will be adjusted at a later time. For example, the main page allows you to "€œview unread posts"€ whereas the forums restrict you to "view new posts." This will be modified.

4) New forum/site background is being looked into.

5) The book theme will, after all info is transferred to the same database as the forums, be set up to support the Epic, Eorzean Olympics, and other IC needs. It may be converted to a flash site, though this remains to be seen.

6) Miscellaneous tweaks, such as fixing the banner to be better aligned with the borders to name one of many examples, are on the to do list.

7) A banner will be added to the wiki, along with a similar navigation menu as the forums. Additionally, a better sidebar navigation system (TreeAndMenu extension for those familiar with it) will also be implemented in the near future.

8) "€œLinkshell"€ category and sort function will hopefully be added to the member list.

9) At least 1 new forum moderator will hopefully be added to the team.

EDIT: I'm aware that there is an issue with the tabs in Chrome browsers. I'm looking into it and will work on a fix ASAP. Fixed. Chrome sucks. Something as trivial as a solid black line under the menu is enough to cause mass hysteria in that browser Angry

Re: RPC Level Up (Part I) - DAISHI - 12-24-2010

Hey you know what? This looks really good!

Re: RPC Level Up (Part I) - Spartle - 12-24-2010

Castiel Wrote:[center]Chrome sucks.

You suck and so does this layout! This does not look like the Hello Lalafell theme! >Undecided
I demand pink, sparklies, bows and lalafell dressed in cute outfits!

Re: RPC Level Up (Part I) - Jinxsy - 12-24-2010

Might just be me but I'm running firefox and I have a great huge space above the title with the menus hugging the left hand side as if scared to venture out into the space.

Can I second the vote for a hello lalafell theme? :bounce:

Re: RPC Level Up (Part I) - Dakki - 12-24-2010

Jinxsy Wrote:Might just be me but I'm running firefox and I have a great huge space above the title with the menus hugging the left hand side as if scared to venture out into the space.

Indeed, seems to be the issue here (On Internet Explorer), but still!
May I be the second to compliment you on the great job and I am confident any bug issues will be sorted when the final version comes through. Smile

Also, as I might not be on tommorow, Merry Christmasss! Big Grin Moogle

Re: RPC Level Up (Part I) - Kylin - 12-24-2010

I just tested it in various browsers (19 different versions to be exact). It's working fine on all major browsers, save for slow image loading on some such as Safari. Just hit the refresh/reload button when on the site. Your browser is likely trying to load just the old files and needs a little kick to start loading the new ones Wink

If that still doesn't work, then you've got a REALLY old browser version that you need to update >.>;

Re: RPC Level Up (Part I) - Zeah - 12-24-2010

Looks amazing on Chrome :3

Re: RPC Level Up (Part I) - Jinxsy - 12-24-2010

Reloading worked! :oops: Guess my ability to blag my way in a technical interwebby sense just demished eh?

I must add my congrats to the new look site Castiel, its amazing, merry christmas roleplayers! Heres a shiny new look for you!
:o There are 19 different browsers?
Dakki! Shame on you for using Internet Exploder! Bomb

Re: RPC Level Up (Part I) - Zeah - 12-24-2010

Also in somewhat vaguely related news, we're 10 members away from 1000.

Re: RPC Level Up (Part I) - Seraphine Felstar - 12-24-2010

Hmm... I was having the same problem with Firefox but it seems to be fixed now.

Re: RPC Level Up (Part I) - Trizzip - 12-24-2010

Job well done Cas! I'm loving the new layout and look forward to further additions. :cheer:

Re: RPC Level Up (Part I) - Dakki - 12-24-2010

Jinxsy Wrote:Dakki! Shame on you for using Internet Exploder! Bomb

*Gaspeth!!* D:
Okay, now dat outta da way, honeh.. *Goes all Shanaynay on you* (If you don't follow Shane Dawson, my guilty pleaure, you won't know.. XD)

Now you be listenin' this way, babes. In'er net Explorer is doin' it's job JUUUUUUUUST fine, so get off it's back, home girl!

xD But.. Uh.. Yes. *Blushes* I might change browser, although it does seem to do as I ask of it just fine. Smile (Personally, found that Firefox and Safari restricted my browsing a bit much.. Sad )

Re: RPC Level Up (Part I) - Jakky - 12-25-2010

Looks great! Good job. :3

Re: RPC Level Up (Part I) - Magnus - 12-26-2010

I agree, this change is great. Looks spectacular!

Re: RPC Level Up (Part I) - Sterne - 12-27-2010

Castiel Wrote:I just tested it in various browsers (19 different versions to be exact). It's working fine on all major browsers, save for slow image loading on some such as Safari. Just hit the refresh/reload button when on the site. Your browser is likely trying to load just the old files and needs a little kick to start loading the new ones ;)

If that still doesn't work, then you've got a REALLY old browser version that you need to update >.>;

I'm at my computer at work, and the same thing happens at home as well (though I haven't tried the refresh there).

At least here, I'm using the most up to date version of Chrome and the border at the top is still f**ked. I am running.... Google Chrome Version 8.0.552.224 and it was nice enough to tell me that it's up to date! So, I don't know what the problem could be :X I'll try clearing all the temp and cookie data and see if that fixes anything.

Fixed. Apparently google REALLY likes old data.