Hydaelyn Role-Players
Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost (/showthread.php?tid=9191)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Verad - 12-07-2014

The following thread can be used for OOC discussion and recruitment for Scales in the Sand. Sign-up sheets for events will be posted, and comments/criticism are welcome.
Event 1: The Road to Highbridge

Day/Time: 8 PM CST, December 11th

Starting Location: Highbridge

Premise: Following Verad Bellveil's inheritance of a house in the Goblet, the Ward's local Housing Authority is convinced that he is running some sort of scam on the Goblet as a whole. In order to allay concerns, Verad has registered as an adventurer with the Guild and is performing the minimum number of leves required to maintain good standing. In order to adhere to the spirit as well as the letter of the law, his first leve is to investigate signs of especially brutal bandit activity along the road between Highbridge and the Shroud.

Knowing he is in well over his head, he is inviting friends and adventurers to come with him, in the hopes of not getting horribly murdered. Help him avoid this fate!

Spaces: 5 (More may open as interest increases)

1. Anstarra Silverain
2. Kiht Jakkya
3. Osric Melkire
4. Airka Lakshmi

Note: This is a roll-based event. Rules for the system and how to make a character sheet for it can be found at the Roll Eorzea LS page, here.

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Melkire - 12-08-2014

(12-07-2014, 04:04 PM)Verad Wrote: ...his first leve is to investigate signs of especially brutal bandit activity...

kek.

Nerp Wrote: "The question is not what I would have you do," Nero spoke finally, his tone thoughtful. His head switched to leaning on his right fist. "The question is, what are you willing to do? I don't suppose you'd be willing to, I don't know, cripple Ul'dah's economy? No, that would harm the innocents. Purge the bandits and corrupt Brass Blades? If you could do that, you'd have done it by now.

It writes itself.

Looking forward to this!

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Jana - 12-08-2014

As cool as this looks, it's too early for me to be home by then from work. Will keep an eye on things!

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - McBeefâ„¢ - 12-08-2014

Would it possible for me to join?

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Verad - 01-01-2015

Event 2: Heavy Footfalls

Day/Time: Monday, January 5th, 7:00 PM CST

Starting Location: Horizon

Premise: Following confirmation that the dragon encountered in Highbridge may be one of several, Verad has put out feelers through his limited contacts for sightings of any further creatures or of Dravanian influence around Thanalan. The next lead takes the group out to the Footfalls, where the shallow water may conceal more than crumbling ruins.

Spaces: 4 (A second group will open upon all four spaces being filled)

1. Kiht Jakkya
2. Leanne Delphium
3. Evangeline Primrose
4. V'aleera Lhuil

Note: As before, this is a roll-based event. See the notes in Event 1 for details.

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Knight Kat - 01-02-2015

Count me in the second event please! Smile

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Leanne - 01-02-2015

Count me in!!

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - McBeefâ„¢ - 01-02-2015

I would like to attend, if possible!

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - V'aleera - 01-02-2015

This sounds like fun; I'd be happy to join.

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Airka - 01-03-2015

i would like to join as well!   Tonberry

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Verad - 01-09-2015

Event(s) 3: Trail of Scales

Day/Time: TBD

Premise: Multiple factions of individuals - Ishgardians, Brass Blades, and Verad's own haphazardly cobbled damage-control team - are now aware that Dravanian relics are being sold openly on the markets of Ul'dah. In addition to securing whatever relics are still for sale, the tracking and acquisition of those that have already been purchased is now of vital importance. Can the various groups find the relics before any further incidents like the aevis at Highbridge occur and endanger the city?

OOC: Unlike the prior events, the current one involves multiple scenarios and leads. It is up to players to choose what they will and will not investigate. Trails that are not picked up by any players will be resolved by Malin Greaves and the Brass Blades. That may be good. That may be bad.

All event dates and times are TBD. It is up to the players attached to coordinate a time with one of the Roll Eorzea GMs.

To avoid overcomplicated and lengthy events, each trail has a hard upper limit of four players.

The information attached to each trail below is information that all participants could reasonably be expected to learn without special knowledge from gossip on the street, local newspapers, or their own contacts. Specialized information will require sleuthing and rolls.

1: Fufuyu Fuyu, a mid-level cartwright attached to the Monetarists, has recently abandoned his work following claims of being harassed by an unknown figure. Found raving in the streets in paranoia about "The dragon's shadow," he has been committed to the care of relatives. His absence is slowing down caravan repairs and trade routes accordingly.

1. Kiht Jakkya
2. Haruko Kokojo
3. Nyxh Jakkya
4. Leanne Delphium

2: Goldsmith's Guild member Tristan Brooks was recently found dead in his flat, apparently of an overdose of somnus. Brooks was recently accused of stealing a pendant from Goldsmith's client Wawanzo Pupunzo and replacing it with a fake.

1. Anstarra Silverain

3: The recent passing of amateur Ishgardian scholar Prudentia Southerland has left several of her relatives in doubt as to the nature of her will. Apart from the issue of how to split funds - which has led to one minor but loud punch-up in the Ruby Road Exchange - there is the matter of how to deal with the small cache of relics she has acquired.

1. Evangeline Primrose
2. Jana Ridah

4: Garnot Blacke, a Highlander refugee of ill-repute, was found gutted in Pearl Lane yesterday. The culprit was easy to capture - it is well known that the elezen that slew him remained poised over his body when the Blades arrived, praying in a pidging of common tongue and Ishgardian dialect, a rosary in his hands.

1. Orrin Halgren
2. V'aleera Lhuil
3. Inessa Hara

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Zelmanov - 01-09-2015

Sign me up for event 4

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Knight Kat - 01-09-2015

Choice number one sounds fun. I would love to join in on that one! Unless Kiht is requested to join a different one. They all sound fun.

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Melkire - 01-09-2015

Tentatively signing up for event #1 as Haruko Kokojo. I still need to write up a Fate sheet for her. I'll have it ready in time.

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - V'aleera - 01-09-2015

Going with number 4.