Hydaelyn Role-Players
Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost (/showthread.php?tid=9191)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Klynzahr - 04-17-2015

I would like to bring Klyn along to event #2 (The No-Eyed Man one). She could be a good fit for #1 too if needed.

Cool

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Seriphyn - 04-17-2015

I'll take number 2 please.

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Volk - 04-22-2015

I would like to participate in 'In Pursuit of the Steward' if possible. Thank you! A friend has encouraged me to step into this and it seems like a lot of fun : >

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Zelmanov - 04-25-2015

I am available any day as long as I get a warning ahead of time. According to people I have talked with here is their hours. I shall update it as I get more info

V'aleera: Every night until 3rd of may

Evangeline: ?

Anstarra: My availability this week (in EST):

Monday 6pm-midnight
Tuesday 6pm-midnight
Wednesday 10pm-3 or 4 am
Thursday 10pm-midnight
Friday 3pm-all night
Saturday all day until probably midnight

Coatleque: ?

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Anstarra - 04-26-2015

(04-25-2015, 12:55 AM)Zelmanov Wrote: I am available any day as long as I get a warning ahead of time. According to people I have talked with here is their hours. I shall update it as I get more info

V'aleera: Every night until 3rd of may

Evangeline: ?

Anstarra: ?

Coatleque: ?

My availability this week (in EST):

Monday 6pm-midnight
Tuesday 6pm-midnight
Wednesday 10pm-3 or 4 am
Thursday 10pm-midnight
Friday 3pm-all night
Saturday all day until probably midnight

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Verad - 04-28-2015

Let's shoot for Tuesday, April 27, at 8 EST. Will adjust as necessary!

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Seye Qhesu - 04-28-2015

(04-28-2015, 12:41 AM)Verad Wrote: Let's shoot for Tuesday, April 27, at 8 EST. Will adjust as necessary!
Ppppsssstttt....you mean the 28th?

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Verad - 04-28-2015

(04-28-2015, 01:10 AM)Brianna Dunham Wrote:
(04-28-2015, 12:41 AM)Verad Wrote: Let's shoot for Tuesday, April 27, at 8 EST. Will adjust as necessary!
Ppppsssstttt....you mean the 28th?

Sure, why not!

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Verad - 05-11-2015

Update:

With the completion of the most recent post, here, the Scales in the Sands SL is at an end. I welcome anybody who has been involved with the story and wishes to do so to post their own epilogues and final IC thoughts in the thread as they see fit.

To follow: XP, Awards, and a post-mortem.

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Knight Kat - 05-12-2015

This plot was -long- and very enjoyable. I want to offer my sincere thanks to Verad for running it, and seeing it through to completion. The parts where Kiht participated will be a chapter in her story I will never forget.

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Verad - 05-12-2015

Experience:

For those of you who have Fate-14 sheets (which is probably most of you following the thread at this point), you will note there is no clear sense of levels or experience points. Advancement of your sheet is awarded in milestones, which provide bonuses for participation.

We're going to ignore minor milestones for this post, because you've been using them all this time, every time you tweaked your skill list or adjust your Aspects slightly. The rules for these weren't enforced because everybody was new and learning how to make the system work. These will come up again in a later storyline.

That said, let's move onto the other two categories.

Significant Milestones
If you are listed here, you were involved in at least two events or did a great deal of background work outside of events themselves:

-Kiht Jakkya
-Nihka Mioni
-Jana Ridah
-Kale Aideron
-Coatleque Crofte
-Rinh'li Nelhah
-Airka Lakshmi
-Klynzahr Ihrnachtyn
-Lynx (Leggerless Hanzou)
-Barbarccia Valadis
-Inessa Hara
-Enju Abbagliato
-Nyxh Jakkya
-Osric Melkire

These characters receive the following benefits:
1. Add +1 to a skill of your choice, up to the maximum value of +4.
2. If you have a Severe Consequence that has gone untreated, rewrite it to put it into recovery without having somebody help with it.

Major Milestones

If you are on this list, you were either a frequent participant in events or did a great deal of work in the background, and tied your character's development very closely to the storyline:

-Aya Foxheart
-Evangeline Primrose
-Anstarra Silverain
-Orrin Halgren
-V'aleera Lhuil
-Kyrael Astares
-Verad Bellveil (Nepotism! Nepotism!)

In addition to the benefits of a Significant Milestone above, these characters receive the following:

1. A free permanent Fate Point. This can be used to either put your starting FP total during an event to 4, or can be sacrificed to give yourself a fourth Stunt.
2. You may use the +1 skill point awarded by the Significant Milestone to push a skill past the limit of +4.
3. You may rename your High-Concept Aspect if you are so inclined.
4. You may rewrite any Extreme Consequences you may have received.

Please mark any changes you make to your sheet based on these awards on the sheet itself.

Special Achievements

The following have no bearing on anything in terms of actual rewards, but are based on DM impressions throughout the event. Please review them to engage in mandatory bonus fun.

Most Likely to Kill Every NPC in an Event: V'aleera Lhuil, whose presence in an event generally meant that somebody, somewhere, was going to die violently. You are a credit to the zealotry of your kind.

Keeper of Secrets/Chronicler: Aya Foxheart, who sussed out the No-Eyed Man's identity on her lonesome, and has written a truly absurd amount of words about the plot (go check her IC thread if you haven't, it's well worth it).

Most Politically Turbulent: Evangeline Primrose, whose interactions with the No-Eyed Man, Wyrmtears, and the Ul'dahn political structure shifted her goals from scene to scene.

The "Are You Sure You Want To Do That?" Award: Kyrael Astares, for marching into the enemy stronghold with only an elderly Duskwight for backup.

Workhorse: Tie between Kiht Jakkya and Jana Ridah, who appeared with great frequency to offer support in events even when they weren't a leading figure. Several characters may not have survived without your assistance. Honorable mention to Klynzahr, who took up this spot in the late game.

The "How Did He Roll That High" Award: Rinh'li Nelhah, who trivialized what I thought were difficult fights through a direct connection to the dice gods.

Smallest Role, Biggest Impact: Airka Lakshmi, who randomly had a strange glowing stone fall out of an aevis' corpse in the very first event, and told me to do whatever I wanted with it. Look what you did. Look at it.

If you have other award suggestions, feel free to post them, and let me know if you have any questions about how to assign your milestone rewards. Post-mortem to follow in the next few days.

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - McBeefâ„¢ - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 12:11 AM)Knight Kat Wrote: This plot was -long- and very enjoyable. I want to offer my sincere thanks to Verad for running it, and seeing it through to completion. The parts where Kiht participated will be a chapter in her story I will never forget.

Yes.

This plot took Evangeline from an angry bitter child, hating the homeland that had cast her out, to a person who can understand why Ishgard is the way it is.

She is still a romantic, and lover of freedom, but she's had several hard lessons in how the world really works, and who her real allies and enemies are.

Thank you very much Verad!

Also thanks to Orrin an V'aleera, two Dragoons who didn't try to kill my heretic, and instead led her onto a better path. Evangeline would have likely ended up as an adversary in this story, if if wasn't for you!

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Aya - 05-12-2015

I know that my involvement peaked and waned as the story moved on toward its conclusion, but I can say that this story line struck a chord of interest for me that none other has in MMO RP.  I was pleased to join in one moment of high drama, and disappointed that I was unable to really tie everything back together in the end, but I am very thankful for the contribution I was able to make, and the way the story has helped shape Aya.  Very happy to have played a role, and happier yet to have made some friends over the course of the plot Smile

I would like to express that the most deserving of recognition is Verad for his momentous effort, and unflagging attitude as a game master and maestro.  I could go on for a long while about how terrific his plot and execution are, and how perfect they feel for FF RP. 

Thank you  so much Verad!

I do hope, when I get time (I know not when that will be) to write another 3 parts or so to wrap up the story from Aya's point of view.  There's that moment of high drama, not yet properly documented, the lack of success for her primary course of action, but the surprising success off a shot-in-the-dark Smile

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Zelmanov - 05-12-2015

A heartfelt thank you to Verad for being so patient as we fumbled are way through the system and came out the other end standing tall and confident (and somewhat fearful of whats to come). 

I am lover of GM'd plots and this was a fantastic one that I was more than happy to see through to the end. Bravo Verad, Bravo.

Thank you to Evangeline for dragging me into the plot, were it not for her I'd be hitting on cat girls at the quicksands, not knowing any better.

RE: Scales in the Sand: OOC Masterpost - Anstarra - 05-12-2015

I'd like to add my voice in praise to the orchestrator of a major and very successful storyline. Bravo!

People put a lot of stock into ingenuity and creativity, and while I can of course applaud these characteristics in Verad, I think more deserving of appreciation is the sheer amount of EFFORT that he put in. I will not say tireless effort; I know full well how exhausting it was for him, and how any number of times he was probably close to fed up. But the true mark of excellence is that he didn't, and kept going, and now here we are.

Well done, Verad~ *tips her hat.. and reaches over and tips Leanne's as well, for reasons*