Hydaelyn Role-Players
A New Year and FINAL FANTASY XIV Player's Poll the First (1/ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: A New Year and FINAL FANTASY XIV Player's Poll the First (1/ (/showthread.php?tid=925)

A New Year and FINAL FANTASY XIV Player's Poll the First (1/ - Merri - 01-01-2011

Happy new years, everyone!

I bring news, hot from the front page of the Lodestone.

Square_Enix Wrote:Let me begin by wishing a happy new year to all players and fans of FINAL FANTASY XIV!

The last few weeks of 2010 were tumultuous times for us all, what with the announcement of the development team restructuring and multiple version updates. Still, I hope you are all enjoying your winter vacations and holidays, and had truly memorable Christmas and New Year's Eves and Days.

As part of the new direction promised, we here on the development and management teams have adopted four new keywords for FINAL FANTASY XIV: fun, live, reboot, and rebuild. Forgive our translators if these buzzwords seem a bit cryptic or cliché, but I am using these English words as-is in the Japanese, and insisted they use the same words for a global resonance.

To get things rolling right away, I am asking for your cooperation with our FINAL FANTASY XIV Player's Poll the First—a brief questionnaire being issued to give you the players another means by which to have your voices heard.

Well, I would be lying if I said I was writing only to wish you the best in the coming twelve moons. Truth be told, the realm is all aflutter just now—the air thick with anticipation and excitement. In fact, an ancient verse of prophecy was delivered to my person by a messenger from Eorzea not moments ago. But I've never been much of one for poems... Perhaps some of you will have more luck decoding it than I have.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: 449_0.jpg?7bfc7639d5671521cfbb43c4885c1fcc]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Again, I wish all of you a happy new year, and ask that you all look forward to what we have in store for FINAL FANTASY XIV in 2011!
[Image: 449_1.jpg?6ed9fa5e5d83b5e34fd14c5fb47fca86]
FINAL FANTASY XIV Producer/Director,
Naoki Yoshida

So, they're finally polling the players.

Just imagine the changes the answer to that last question might bring. I personally voted yes. Bring on the new year!

People have already begun speculating about the poem, obviously, so a quote from Eorzeapedia- (Spoiler for people who might want to try and figure it out on their own, first.)

Show Content

And a small spoiler about the storyline in-game below regarding the poem.
Show Content

Either way, I'm giddy with excitement. Can't wait to see what's in store for FFXIV in the new year!

Re: A New Year and FINAL FANTASY XIV Player's Poll the First - Nikolai - 01-01-2011

When asked what about the game was most appealing, I marked other: community. Angry

Re: A New Year and FINAL FANTASY XIV Player's Poll the First - Kikoro - 01-01-2011

The last question was very hard to answer. I like the gameplay, I just want more: more content, more options, more quests, more maps. But I'm not opposed to changes, in themselves... So I answered yes, too.

Hopefully they'll make more polls, with details about which changes they're thinking about.

Re: A New Year and FINAL FANTASY XIV Player's Poll the First - Kylin - 01-01-2011

I went with more content, more mini-quests, and yes to the "nuclear" option. I really hope Auction House doesn't get too much attention. That should be on the lower end of priorities right now. It certainly won't keep people playing if there's still nothing to do >.>. But people have cried about it for so long, they'll probably choose that option over more significant choices. The current ward system is now much more manageable anyway, despite maybe needing some tweaking.

Re: A New Year and FINAL FANTASY XIV Player's Poll the First - Eternal Darkness - 01-01-2011

I went with the more content route as well. But about that poem, it's talking about fire's from the sky, could that not refer to the 'Bahamut'-like dragon in the opening of the game? He's also surrounded by water, if you've ever been there to see him. Tongue

Re: A New Year and FINAL FANTASY XIV Player's Poll the First - Seraphine Felstar - 01-01-2011

Happy 1-1-11! People born today have an awesome birthdate >.>

I went for in game content and more things for RP'ers. I mean, although I have faith SE will fix things, when they screw up you guys keep me smiling :cheer:

----

Which of the following issues you would like to see addressed first?
Lack of in-game content
What do you find most appealing about FINAL FANTASY XIV?
Other
Role playing with my friends.

Re: A New Year and FINAL FANTASY XIV Player's Poll the First - Nikolai - 01-01-2011

EDIT: Lol. I totally didn't see my earlier post, and ended up just repeating myself.

Re: A New Year and FINAL FANTASY XIV Player's Poll the First - Sha - 01-03-2011

I chose the more content options as well. I'm a bit worried about that last question and I'm wondering how far they they could go overhauling the game. IMO the game only needs (lots of) fine-tuning now, the basis is already there and has a lot of potential.

Re: A New Year and FINAL FANTASY XIV Player's Poll the First - Almil - 01-09-2011

Anyone have idea why I can't login to fill the poll?
When I put my ID and password and security code, it tells me the "Region is wrong"
And if I try with another (wrong) ID, it just tells me the password is wrong...
Or I wonder if I have ID mixed, haha, need to check it.

But still, wont let me in :<