Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Iex - 12-22-2014

(12-22-2014, 06:44 PM)Kage Wrote: (most) healers don't die but they get hit by one or two and I go /palm cause they start casting a cure (II) or a physic and it's just ghhh

I DID DO SOMETHING STUPID ONCE.

I have spec'd my warrior with gloam accessories and all 30 points to STR cause why the fuck not.

I ended up with Moggle Mog in HM.

I hit 60% (with I think no one else hitting on him) while I wailed away with BERSERK+INTERNAL RELEASE + UNCHAINED. Um. Yah. I hit 60% and saw maybe 1 if that moogle dead. "Oops."

I had to convince a warrior they were dpsing too hard once... after a couple wipes. With echo it was harder to have them slow down. Made for some humorous chat.

"You need to slow down on King or..." (had to stop typing to heal)
"Or What?"

>Momento Moogle (or whatever) with only 2 dead<

"Or that um... happens."

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 12-22-2014

tales of my stupidity would astound even you.

the first being "how the fuck do you fall asleep tanking an instance?"

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 12-22-2014

(12-22-2014, 06:50 PM)Iex Wrote:
(12-22-2014, 06:44 PM)Kage Wrote: (most) healers don't die but they get hit by one or two and I go /palm cause they start casting a cure (II) or a physic and it's just ghhh

I DID DO SOMETHING STUPID ONCE.

I have spec'd my warrior with gloam accessories and all 30 points to STR cause why the fuck not.

I ended up with Moggle Mog in HM.

I hit 60% (with I think no one else hitting on him) while I wailed away with BERSERK+INTERNAL RELEASE + UNCHAINED. Um. Yah. I hit 60% and saw maybe 1 if that moogle dead. "Oops."

I had to convince a warrior they were dpsing too hard once... after a couple wipes. With echo it was harder to have them slow down. Made for some humorous chat.

"You need to slow down on King or..." (had to stop typing to heal)
"Or What?"

>Momento Moogle (or whatever) with only 2 dead<

"Or that um... happens."
Pssst. I was in one of those with you. I just wasn't the WARRIOR you spoke to.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Nebbs - 12-22-2014

DPS only have one answer.. "DPS goes up to 11, so I DPS at 11"

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 12-22-2014

oh geez, the "let's bag on dps players" crew is here.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - shotgunbadger - 12-22-2014

I keep getting error 2002 lobby full. No matter how many solutions I try.

People say switch datacenters, I do that, error.

People say all sorts of other stuff and I do that, error.

Now to make things worse I can't even close out right away, I get the error, hit ok, then my window goes gray and not responding and not even ctrl-alt-delete can close it somehow.

I'm just cursed when it comes to this game.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Iex - 12-22-2014

(12-22-2014, 07:36 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: oh geez, the "let's bag on dps players" crew is here.

Actually, I was berating myself and a tank who dpsed too much on King they were tanking. The dps were good in that run.

And oops Kage too many runs and they blend together. Cry

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 12-22-2014

It's ok *pat* I didn't notice until you spoke in party chat when we were wiping.

"I've never had this happen."

"But it's the reason why we're wiping. Just... flash?"

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - FreelanceWizard - 12-23-2014

Tanks who believe "LB should always be saved for healers."

Grr.

EDIT: In ST, you haven't "killed us all" by burning the LB on damage on Xande. If people are dying enough that a healer LB might help, you have a more significant problem, and it won't help.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 01:27 AM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: Tanks who believe "LB should always be saved for healers."

Grr.

EDIT: In ST, you haven't "killed us all" by burning the LB on damage on Xande. If people are dying enough that a healer LB might help, you have a more significant problem, and it won't help.
Wait what.

I've never seen anyone use LB except for damage on Xande.

And I think I've run my share of ST to know even if it was only recently.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - FreelanceWizard - 12-23-2014

Yeah. Exactly.

Apparently, if there's a bad group for ST with an idiot tank (this guy died to Ancient Quaga on the second attempt), I can PUG my way into it! Frustrated

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 12-23-2014

You should pug with me I always have good groups for ST.

And by that I mean, with one exception, we always have a Xande kill.

Yeah, but you've done ST so much at this point, I can't imagine you'd want to do it any more. Smile

Other PUGs, though... you know you can always poke me for heals or to Bring the Boom. Smile

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 12-23-2014

(12-22-2014, 07:36 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: oh geez, the "let's bag on dps players" crew is here.

This thread exists for this exact reason. It exists to "bag on" everything. If it seems there's a disproportionate amount of complaining about DPS, it's because DPS are factually more dumber than everyone else DPS outnumber other roles.

That said, it's maddening to run things as DPS anymore. WHY ARE OTHER TANKS SO SLOW WHY ARE YOU STOPPING WHY DID YOU ONLY PULL ONE PACK WHAT YEAR IS THIS

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 12-23-2014

Level sync and Pre-50 stuff is something to worry about ok!

PLEASE DON'T PULL MULTIPLE PACKS IN STONE VIGIL. NOT WITHOUT FULL PROTECT. STONESKIN. AND OMG MY MP IS DOWN MOFO DON'T KEEP RUNNING WHEN YOU HAVE A REGEN OMFGGGGGGG

Edit: Also, Shield Oath!