Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 09:07 PM)Kurt S. Wrote: You know what grinds my gears?

Accidentally hitting Greed on the DRG chest and watching it go to the BLM...as a DRG....in Void Ark...

...yeah. 

Sometimes you do things that you know..make you wanna cry in a corner.

I've done that, and it sucks royally. Not in Void Ark, but I Greed-instead-of-Needed upgrades in Expert roulette. And considering that stuff is better than upgraded Law gear... and how infrequently something I can use actually drops... it still stings.

Though, right now I'm livid over hour and a half long waits for the FATEs you need for the beast tribe dailies to spawn. Got to the spot around five, it didn't pop until six thirty. Had, like, ten other people all gathered up waiting by the end of it, too. And I was straight up worried about stepping away to put something in the microwave for fear that it'd pop and be burned down while I was away.

So yeah. I declared that nonsense a bug and put in a bug ticket about it.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-12-2016

They mentioned they were going to do something about that.
Meaning they'll probably get around to doing it around 3.4 or so.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Tara - 01-13-2016

*taps mic* Is this thing on?

Dear Tank who dropped out of my Copperbell run this morning without giving the party a try...it's a level 17 dungeon. We could have gotten it no problem with the four of us. Instead, you drop before I even finish skipping the cutscene and leave me (Arcanist) a Black Mage and a Conjurer to look at each other in confusion. Why? It's a level 17 dungeon! Okay...it's possibly acceptable if you'd gotten it seven times in a row. 

Instead, you left me to summon Topaz Carbuncle and try to bolster spirits by saying that we could totally do this with Topaz tanking! And a thousand commendations to the Black Mage and the Conjurer who went with that, you all were awesome. Here's the thing though....Topaz vs. first boss gauntlet? Topaz lost. And we died. Once. And then your replacement came into the dungeon and everything went as smooth as butter after that. 

So thank you, random duty finder tank who dropped Copperbell without even trying, thank you for giving me my most hilarious run of that dungeon yet. *bows* 

/end not really a rant but still ranty against those types of tanks?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - MBajihri - 01-13-2016

Kicked from a Titan EX attempting to help a newbie get a clear. The reason: ''You're being a bully''. At this point in time I'd only said hello to this party. People these days!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Caspar - 01-13-2016

The static I was so proud of is in danger of breaking.
I'm hugely disappointed and saddened by this, as I often talked about how close knit we were and how respectful the group was of each others' time and dedication. It just comes to show one person who wants more than our schedules are willing to give can put everything in jeopardy.
I don't complain in this thread often. I've put up with all of the terrible randos and elitist PFs and overcome almost any content I've faced, tedious or difficult. It was through practice with those players that I reached a higher level of play. I felt that where other groups lacked the mutual understanding necessary to endure through the stress of raiding, we were thriving. Every member of my group earned my respect and me theirs. I really liked playing with them, and still do. This is the first thing I've experienced in FFXIV that has truly, utterly left me feeling genuinely unhappy. It will take some time for me to figure out what to do with all this unpleasant emotion.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kurt S. - 01-13-2016

(01-13-2016, 03:14 AM)Nevahe Wrote: *taps mic* Is this thing on?

Dear Tank who dropped out of my Copperbell run this morning without giving the party a try...it's a level 17 dungeon. We could have gotten it no problem with the four of us. Instead, you drop before I even finish skipping the cutscene and leave me (Arcanist) a Black Mage and a Conjurer to look at each other in confusion. Why? It's a level 17 dungeon! Okay...it's possibly acceptable if you'd gotten it seven times in a row. 

Instead, you left me to summon Topaz Carbuncle and try to bolster spirits by saying that we could totally do this with Topaz tanking! And a thousand commendations to the Black Mage and the Conjurer who went with that, you all were awesome. Here's the thing though....Topaz vs. first boss gauntlet? Topaz lost. And we died. Once. And then your replacement came into the dungeon and everything went as smooth as butter after that. 

So thank you, random duty finder tank who dropped Copperbell without even trying, thank you for giving me my most hilarious run of that dungeon yet. *bows* 

/end not really a rant but still ranty against those types of tanks?

Same thing happened to me except what was left was me(thm) a lnc and a cnj.

It could have gone smoother if yanno we had an actual tank. And we did....like at the last boss since everyome was crapping their pants scrambling their /linkshell /fc for one.

Anyway showed the party why THM stood for Tank Healer Mage. The LNC tried to tank but I kept ripping aggro off him. And somehow, in my clothy cloth robes and scepter and shield, fire II's and lolumbralphysicks everywhere. We survived all the way to the last boss.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 01-13-2016

I did that too recently. Tank dropped out of cutter's cry for no special reason. Tanked as WhM all the run... Since I generated more aggro than anyone with all those now mandatory heal bursts for the party to stay alive...

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-13-2016

(01-13-2016, 03:14 AM)Nevahe Wrote: Instead, you left me to summon Topaz Carbuncle and try to bolster spirits by saying that we could totally do this with Topaz tanking! And a thousand commendations to the Black Mage and the Conjurer who went with that, you all were awesome. Here's the thing though....Topaz vs. first boss gauntlet? Topaz lost. And we died. Once. And then your replacement came into the dungeon and everything went as smooth as butter after that.

BTW : If you find yourself in that situation again, the Conjurer can tank it. Big Grin

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Roe Dad - 01-13-2016

(01-13-2016, 08:14 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote:
(01-13-2016, 03:14 AM)Nevahe Wrote: Instead, you left me to summon Topaz Carbuncle and try to bolster spirits by saying that we could totally do this with Topaz tanking! And a thousand commendations to the Black Mage and the Conjurer who went with that, you all were awesome. Here's the thing though....Topaz vs. first boss gauntlet? Topaz lost. And we died. Once. And then your replacement came into the dungeon and everything went as smooth as butter after that.

BTW : If you find yourself in that situation again, the Conjurer can tank it. Big Grin
*Has totally done this*

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kurt S. - 01-14-2016

Kurt Journal, 1st Entry

Today marks day 1 of my stay in Ishgard. My player decided to craft me equipment, for when I would eventually hit BLM 50. Except for a grave miscalculation.

He didn't set aside teleporting expenses. Now I'm at 32 gil and today marks day 1 of my indefinite stay in Ishgard. I hope my friends and family are all right down there where it's warm. God only knows if I come out there as cold and Ishgardian as the rest of them.

Didn't help that a few days prior he had made 9 plain long skirts and made 2 more HQ variants thinking that'd solve the problem. It didn't and the gil has been on steady rise and fall until now.

I'm hoping that cutting most of the asking prices in half will in fact only limit me here for one day. 

All that remains to be seen.

If this journal is found, please send it back to the MW-RP FC house, place it on the counter in my room where it belongs.

All is well.

All is well.

All is (not) well. 

I can feel the changes already.

-K. Steel

Praise Halone

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 01-14-2016

. . .   Lmfao

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-14-2016

(01-14-2016, 02:01 AM)Kurt S. Wrote: All is well.

All is well.

All is (not) well. 

I can feel the changes already.

-K. Steel

Praise Halone

Poor Kurt.

All Halone in the world.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sylastair - 01-15-2016

I rarely find myself genuinely affected by people's poor attitudes and bad behaviors, but yesterday I was truly taken aback by someone. We're more than halfway through Stone Vigil NM, and so far there hasn't been a single issue, I am tanking with one healer and one DPS I know, and the last being duty finder-ed. After the first pull the other DPS (A monk) if doing really good DPS, and feeling like we have enough DPS to handler larger pulls, I pick up the pace. No wipes, no close calls even. We clear the first two bosses I believe, and are moving down the first hallway after and the only message then send it "Flynt, stop overtwitching so much, it is messing up my positionals. >.>" 

Okay, I mean it read kind of rude, but a lot can be lost without tone, so I go to type that I am trying, but the pulls are big, and when I am not dodging templates I am trying to face the enemies away and group. I am kind of new to tanking, so I know I am not perfect, but I also main dragoon, and actually pride myself on being more focused on how what I am doing affects the DPS. Half a sentence in, they drop party before I even respond. 

We never wiped.

We were moving very quickly. 

The dungeon was going /incredibly/ smooth.

A new DPS comes in seconds and we clear with ease. When we got out I sent them a tell asking why they left and that it seemed not only rude but completely bizarre. I can understand if there was constant deaths, missed mechanics, or hell even terribly slow progress. Apparently my moving too much was enough to make them want to "Tableflip". I guess I should be happy they left before causing issue, but if it really was an issue it could have been brought up before with a simple "Hey man, try pulling like this or standing like this to keep the enemies from moving too much." BAM! I learn, you're happy, friendships made and good runs achieved. I guess what bothered me the most about the whole thing is, instead of trying to work together, they chose to be rude and then leave to spite me. 

In summation: WTF

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 01-15-2016

Obviously I was not there to read the exact dialogue, but was it rude because he didn't ask you and instead told you? Did he call you names? Is it because he didn't teach you how to position while criticizing?

I'm also not understanding how he left to spite you? It sounds more like he left to not get overtly upset at someone and chose instead to leave.

It wasn't the most awesome wonderful help but I am not seeing the spite and I can explain the lack of please as being curt. From what I see the player didn't send you tells about hating you or calling you names so I am trying to see why this is so awful.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melodia - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 01:46 PM)Kage Wrote: Obviously I was not there to read the exact dialogue, but was it rude because he didn't ask you and instead told you? Did he call you names? Is it because he didn't teach you how to position while criticizing?

I'm also not understanding how he left to spite you? It sounds more like he left to not get overtly upset at someone and chose instead to leave.

It wasn't the most awesome wonderful help but I am not seeing the spite and I can explain the lack of please as being curt. From what I see the player didn't send you tells about hating you or calling you names so I am trying to see why this is so awful.
Because saying it with that little emote look and then dropping before the last boss and not allowing the tank to even reply is a dick move that's why. I didn't realize so much more was needed for something to simply be a dick move.