Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 12:30 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: Void Ark.

Once again, the Human Condition is the most challenging mechanic of all. Frustrated
I was in a Void Ark on Tuesday with a tad many new people (or bad players / bad dps) that meant it dragged a long time.

First boss goes down after a long time (how many times you have to deal with the stupid adds).
Fan room had a lot of knots not being prioritized.
Sawtooth saw 2 invulnerable phases and a wipe.
Chuch saw a wipe at -Towers-. One exploded in my face where I died after being DoTted to death after the explosion almost killed me.
Last boss saw a wipe because a tank died (so many in that one alliance did not turn from petrifaction) and lots of people running away from the stack trying to save them.

Normal Human problems.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 02-06-2016

(02-04-2016, 12:30 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: Void Ark.

Once again, the Human Condition is the most challenging mechanic of all. Frustrated

"Hey guys, sorry about not getting the second morbol, was not expecting I'd need to tank 2."

"You're not supposed to tank 2."

UMMMMMMMM

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - FreelanceWizard - 02-06-2016

What was going through my head: "He wouldn't have needed to tank 2 if one of the groups didn't decide to just ignore their damn morbol." Dazed

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aris - 02-06-2016

My raid team has fallen apart, as over half of the members have decided to unsub, given the poor state of end game at the moment. Sad

Fingers crossed 3.2 brings a new lease of life to the game, and some friendly teams recruiting too. Tongue

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 02-06-2016

Load into Level 50 roulette as a tank. Cast Protect and Stoneskin on myself. Get asked "so do you wanna heal for me too?" by the healer, who then drops party in the next ten seconds.

What the hell.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 02-06-2016

They're not used to PLDs that actually bothered leveling CNJ past 15.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 02-06-2016

Not that you are wrong to do it and that healer is probably a frustrated idiot, but I always wonder why PLD always make a point casting those at the beginning since the heal will do it anyway...

Got recently frustrated in my hunting for materials, going in my usual farming spot when I suddenly see guys getting out of nowhere, probably here to farm the same spot (i was there first damnit), and suddenly aggroing everything with stupid AoEs to deny me everything, hoping that I drop it out of disgust.

Which I did.

Moments like those, I wish the server was pvp...

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edgar - 02-06-2016

(02-06-2016, 02:45 PM)Valence Wrote: Not that you are wrong to do it and that healer is probably a frustrated idiot, but I always wonder why PLD always make a point casting those at the beginning since the heal will do it anyway...

PLD casts protect, healer casts Stoneskin II.

Bam. Full protection on party in half the time.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 02-06-2016

(02-06-2016, 01:49 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Load into Level 50 roulette as a tank. Cast Protect and Stoneskin on myself. Get asked "so do you wanna heal for me too?" by the healer, who then drops party in the next ten seconds.

What the hell.
You're the reason the party economy is shit.

Taking jobs from hard working healers when you're a tank what the fuck next Warren you're going to take WAR dps too?

You goddamn disgrace.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 02-06-2016

Edgar's got it. White Mage has one exclusive buff and one shared one. I don't know why they cast the shared one first.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melkire - 02-06-2016

If the healer in question is a WHM, there should be a Swiftcast-Stoneskin II at the start of an instance and right before each boss fight. Protect will follow... meaning there shouldn't be any reason for a PLD to be casting Protect anyway, since they and the healer will get to it at the same time.

"But I'm saving my Swiftcast for raise/resurrection!"

Swiftcast is a 60s CD. If you as a healer or as a tank anticipate a need for a rez less than 60 seconds into an instance, you have bigger problems than cooldown timers (and no, there is no instanced content outside of current raid/progression that requires you to have the DPS up, the idiots could be down/dead and you'll still be fine).

Mind you, I'm not excusing the shitty attitude and the drop, especially if the healer in question was not playing efficiently. But... there's no need for PLD to cast either buff with a WHM in tow.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Jana - 02-06-2016

On the rare chance I play PLD I like to do it to rub it into my healer's face that I've leveled WHM.

I'm watching you, healer.

Watching you.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - FreelanceWizard - 02-08-2016

I save my Swiftcast at the beginning of the dungeon for Swift Holy -> Holy x2-x3. Smile

That said, I'm perfectly happy for the PLD to start in with the buffs! Since they're the exact same in 3.x, if they want to Protect while I'm hard casting Stoneskin II, awesome. Likewise, if the PLD wants to SS after pulls, cool. That's more MP regen for me for more Holy. Smile When I PLD, if the healer doesn't start buffing once the instance starts, sure, I'll throw up Protect, and if we're low enough level that they don't have SS yet, then I'll definitely start putting that up on people.

IMO, one of the key skills for being a healer is being able to adapt and respond to rapidly changing situations. Getting bent out of shape about who casts what buff is just silly. Tongue

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edda - 02-08-2016

Such crappy behavior for so silly a thing sounds like an anomaly. I think most healers would prefer a tank that buffs over one that runs off at the beginning of a dungeon before you barely started the cast...

That's always lovely. But hey, if someone doesn't want to use protection, I can't force it on them. Maybe it's against their religion.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 02-08-2016

I guess he was having a bad day. I'm used to having the healer equivalent to the tank that pauses before every pull; When the barrier drops, I'm casting protect. If you're also doing it, I cancel it. If you're not doing it, I protect myself and then stoneskin myself.

It doesn't make a ton of sense to stand around gazing at navels once the clock starts. Rargh efficiency. Say hello while we're running to the first pull!