Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 03-10-2016

Lol when dps pull without me I literally sit down and target them, and watch the adds go back to passive after they kill em.

Sure they throw a fit after but they either shut up or leave when I ask if they'd rather tank.

I give no fucks about people feelings when I'm trying to go through a dungeon without trying to pull of a dps.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - BroodingFicus - 03-10-2016

(03-10-2016, 04:19 PM)Klinzahr Wrote: My recommendation is to let those Dumb DPS get really low on health, while emoting /disappointment at them. Then at the last second smack benediction or tetra, just to give them a good scare. By that point they have probably killed off a few mobs and it's not hard to heal through the rest of the pack.

If the tank goes ahead and tries to pull off of them, I just don't heal the DPS at all. Let them sit at half HP through the next few pulls and really think about the wisdom of their decisions.

It really does work. I do that with dps who intentionally eat mechanics (lookin at you BLM's who refuse to step out of your circles). I don't let them die but near death is a strangely potent motivator. 

Now as far as pulls go it really depends. If it happens once I'll help the dps even if it means healing and pulling the mobs to the tank once they are on me. However I remember I was running a Brayflox normal with a tank friend of mine, a sprout pugilist and a synced bard and we most certainly let the bard die. The moment we were almost done killing a pack he would take off running and shoot the mobs or the boss that was next. On the 2nd boss he very nearly locked us all out. We asked him to stop and got no response so on the last boss the tank and myself stayed outside on purpose. We apologized to the new person, kicked the trouble maker and got a new dps.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - cuideag - 03-10-2016

I had a laugh in Midas earlier this week when some ding dong MNK decided he'd shoulder tackle a boss and just start wailing away at him. My fellow healer and I sat back and watched as he died two auto attacks later. Then he immediately dropped group.

Yeah. Healer Shade is real and I LOVE IT.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Jana - 03-10-2016

I'm pretty impatient as a DPS, so if I'm falling asleep and the other DPS seems capable, I'll usually just tell the tank I think we can handle more. Sometimes they'll answer, sometimes they won't say anything, but in the end, I'm the one who has to wait for a queue if I try to force it.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Parvacake - 03-10-2016

Fucking.

Stupid.

gjhskjglgdlkbjo;zbhiu;gdbj

DON'T PULL AN ENTIRE ROOM BEFORE I FINISH CASTING PROTECT AND GETTING MY FAIRY, YOU DICKWAFFLE.

*Stomps over RIP Tank corpse*

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edgar - 03-10-2016

(03-10-2016, 06:18 PM)Lililove Wrote: Fucking.

Stupid.

DON'T PULL AN ENTIRE ROOM BEFORE I FINISH CASTING PROTECT AND GETTING MY FAIRY, YOU DICKWAFFLE.

Wait...So he basically spawned in and immediately ran to sacpull an entire room?

Quick question, but, what instance was it where your tank did this, because I'm grasping at straws for maybe an "inexperience" excuse for this one?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 03-11-2016

It happens often to me as well. I barely have the time to cast protect at times. Or sometimes the DPS are not ready and come later on in the fray.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - BroodingFicus - 03-11-2016

(03-10-2016, 06:23 PM)Edgar Wrote:

Stupid.

Wait...So he basically spawned in and immediately ran to sacpull an entire room?

Quick question, but, what instance was it where your tank did this, because I'm grasping at straws for maybe an "inexperience" excuse for this one?

Eh. Tanks still do this in Antitower etc on a regular basis so I'm not sure inexperience is to blame so much as impatience in most cases. My favorite are the ones who run out of range, miss getting protect and /then/ run back like a dog that just realized you didn't really throw the ball.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 03-11-2016

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つesuna concussion!!!!!!!!!!

the amount of healers that have never tried this one weird trick to avoid tank getting hit for over 10k for no reason is baffling.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Dis - 03-11-2016

Stupid.

So much the all of this.  I was SCH for a while and went back to WHM, but I do feel your pain.  Or when I'm trying to Stoneskin and Protect.  I've started slow-casting SS 2 before I drop protect, and they backpedal really fast when they realize, 'Hey, I didn't get a protect on me'.  Like someone else said, it's the dog who realized you didn't throw the ball.

My other beef is when they pull a room without saying 'Hey, can you handle x?'  I mean, I get wanting to speed through pulls, I do.  I like fast dungeons as much as the next guy.

But the ones who only grab one grouping, let me drop my Medica II and then decide to run off and pull the rest of the room (usually resulting in my almost death) is just redonk.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Parvacake - 03-12-2016

To Edgar: It was Anti. Which is part of why I get so salty. We're level freakin' 60. There is NO excuse.

To Glio: Hnnnngh all of that, yis.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 03-12-2016

(03-11-2016, 10:36 PM)Glioca Sargonnai Wrote:

Stupid.

So much the all of this.  I was SCH for a while and went back to WHM, but I do feel your pain.  Or when I'm trying to Stoneskin and Protect.  I've started slow-casting SS 2 before I drop protect, and they backpedal really fast when they realize, 'Hey, I didn't get a protect on me'.  Like someone else said, it's the dog who realized you didn't throw the ball.

My other beef is when they pull a room without saying 'Hey, can you handle x?'  I mean, I get wanting to speed through pulls, I do.  I like fast dungeons as much as the next guy.

But the ones who only grab one grouping, let me drop my Medica II and then decide to run off and pull the rest of the room (usually resulting in my almost death) is just redonk.

Yeah pretty much.

Though I tend to see medica II as pretty pointless and risky against packs of mobs. If the tanks does it job, no need for wide AoE regens and better to just count on a targeted regen and a bubble in my opinion. Medica II really is for when things start to go sour... It's an enmity magnet.

But yeah, even with just a regen, a tank suddenly getting the brilliant idea to go aggro everything often has funny results. Then you see him running after the mobs that are running after you in circles when he realizes he did a mistake... And then blames you for using regen. I mean, what? I'll blame him for using half of his skills too while we are at it... I can even stop using cure altogether! Because you never know, it might draw aggro too!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Enla - 03-12-2016

Dear tank, for the love of god if we have a newbie please do NOT pull until someone does a ready check. Yes I was partially at fault for not watching to make sure you didn't pull as I was typing the fight out for the newbie, but for fucks sake we nearly wiped because by the time I finished typing the fight out (just two sentences as I had pre-written much of the fight due to how quickly you were pulling shit before then) the boss was already spewing a mechanic all over me causing me to die. (Void Ark, the tentacle boss whom I'm too tired to type the name of. That spew poison mechanic that kills you in like three seconds if you don't get out of it? Yeaaaaah, because I hadn't moved I got hit with that.) My bad for not paying attention as I should know better than to expect tanks in large raids not to want to bum rush it, but for fucks sake... I couldn't get my groove back that entire fight and focused on not telling the newbie anything for the last one so it didn't happen again. And the newbie was in our party! You saw me typing to him!

You also didn't even let me get Stoneskin 2 up earlier in the raid before a boss and you took hits like wet paper... I've never seen a tank drop that much health in that raid in the span of a second. Ever.

Dodgy

(Totally my fault for not watching the chat box AND the boss however. I should have known not to expect the tank to let me type the fight out at that point. So while I am very annoyed, that part is on me.)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - GhostlyMaiden - 03-14-2016

Calling myself out for going into leveling roulette as a healer with all my gear at 10% or below.
I feel so bad for the people who were in that dungeon with me. We only wiped once, but I still feel pretty horrible. >.<

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - LiadansWhisper - 03-14-2016

All of this healer rage is glorious. <3