Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - GhostlyMaiden - 04-12-2016

(04-12-2016, 01:46 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(04-12-2016, 01:17 PM)GhostlyMaiden Wrote: -snip-

Healers can definitely raise during battle by then, but the same issues would probably have continued with the initial healer. Chances are, their gear and possibly playstyle just wasn't good enough to keep up with the dungeon, which hits pretty hard. WHMs definitely get an advantage in that they can do their big bursty heals and use esuna on the debuffs, while being -used- to using esuna on debuffs. SCH gets leeches at......40? It's completely possible that if you had a SCH, they may not have been up to date on their class quests, mixed with everything else.

As for the dragon, do you remember where the tank was tanking it? I like to pull it right to the door, since the  tornadoes rarely move there. Helps take some of the edge off for the healer.

The tank had the boss at the entrance where i've seen most people place the dragon. The healer and BLM wern't as close though, so they kept getting hit by the tornadoes.
Said healer was also a WHM.

(04-12-2016, 01:53 PM)Askier Wrote: Having tanked, been killed, AND resurrected during the fight mentioned above before, I am proof that yes, yes they can. lol
When I said something no one else said anything, so I just assumed I was wrong. It had been so long since I was at that level as a healer, so I couldn't exactly remember.

Maybe they got mad because I called them out on it. *shrug*

ALSO, when they decided to DPS, they didn't use Cleric Stance. Honestly, this shouldn't bug me, but if you're going to be not so great at healing, at least be good at being somewhat of a proper DPS.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - S'imba - 04-12-2016

Had a ninja in lost city amdapor hm who wouldn't get out of bad, pulled things before the group was ready, wouldn't turn away from neuro squama so her clone was constantly facing me. Though the thing that really got me was when she pulled lion boss, running ahead of the group as soon as the last zombie dragon was killed. Cause she didn't want to lose her Huton. I thought about just letting her die and tell her, we'll looks like you lost Huton. But I thought better of it since I figured it would only hold up the rest of the group. Though the healer wasn't so kind, and simply stopped healing her.

On the subject of ninjas I don't understand why they follow me whenever there is a mechanic that requires you to spread to avoid over lapping damage i.e. ramuh's thundershock.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 04-12-2016

So the nightmares of CT came 'round again.

Got into a Syrcus Tower where a lazy tank would just sit at the front crystal and spam it until we all went up a floor to save him walking distance... had a LotA where everyone was blindly rushing Bone Dragon and not caring about skeletons... but the World of Darkness was the worst of the three.

First boss spun around in circles rather than kept still. Second boss runs rampant before tank finally gets aggro. Third boss no one bothers the shackle him and he eats the entire raid. Fourth boss we had to burn an LB on one of the clouds because only two DPS actually got into one quadrant. And all the while we had a BRD running around pulling early, folks hanging around behind and getting locked out, and other such delightful incidents.

Which was then followed up with a Sephirot (Trial Roulette) that was ultimately vote abandoned when we wiped twice with him around 2% because people can't apparently be bothered to avoid getting knocked over the side, moving out of the stalagmite circles, or focusing the Voice. Wee.

Fun day all around.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 04-13-2016

Since I started leveling a bit summoner, apparently i'm stumbling on the worst tanks possible... 

One in Toto-rak that was either totally drunk/wasted or... I don't know what he was. Ran into circles or in random directions, didn't wait for the team, lost track of him several times, him running back to us with huge packs of angry mobs after him... He was not a bot, he spoke on chat random garbage... Well, we kicked him, and orange carby had to do the job...

One in Haukke, tank was new and apparently not very sure what to do, never used any aggro skills nor flash, we wipe a few times on random mobs, we were trying to reach them out and be helpful, but they never actually said a single line on the party chan, totally oblivious... Eventually kicked him, and orange carby got the job again...

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-13-2016

Yesterday I had a Lost City HM where the MNK and NIN couldn't seem to understand that the tank is supposed to pull mobs. We had a new AST who had very clearly never been in the dungeon before and the poor guy must have wanted to kill himself by the end. (He did remarkably well for forced large pulls while not being very well geared).

But it's like.....DPS. Please. I don't mark things for my health. (OK, that's literally why I mark things. I don't like dying). If I haven't run ahead because the healer's getting strained and your DPS really isn't that good, it's not an invitation to run ahead and tag all the enemies for me. We'll get to them. I promise.

Somehow, my LotA run went better, despite people mostly ignoring mechanics. We nearly had a couple wipes on bone Dragon because platinals are just too difficult I guess. Then my party had a BLM who really couldn't understand that he was supposed to stand on the platform for Atomos (we had a perfect distribution of roles, two physical, two magic DPS) and the offtank had to go run onto it. The whole time, all of our party is asking the guy to step on the pad. He was just slightly left of it. Not even up by the Atomos. Just....not on the pad. Once all the common languages and auto-translate are used, I stop feeling bad if new people can't read, respond, or show any indication that they were doing something the rest of the party was begging them not to do. He got dismissed by the rest of the group.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 04-13-2016

So, this girl was dead by the leve counter (I know right?) And she asked for a raise.

Now, normally if I was on my PLD, I could do it, but my retainer has my PLD gear and this I'm unable to raise because

A - I can't cross class it on the gear sets I have on me

B - I don't carry a conjurer wep or whatever because I'm a tank.

This girl gets revived by someone else and then says "you have a 15 conjured, please raise next time." To me, I try to tell her I couldn't but she just starts acting like a two year old throwing a temper tantrum.

I wound up saying bitch do you see a conjurer weapon on me? No. Learn how cross classes work before you start pmsing cause I didn't raise you.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 04-13-2016

o.o How much main hand space do you use Aaron o.o

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Greybarren - 04-13-2016

(04-13-2016, 11:53 AM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Yesterday I had a Lost City HM where the MNK and NIN couldn't seem to understand that the tank is supposed to pull mobs. We had a new AST who had very clearly never been in the dungeon before and the poor guy must have wanted to kill himself by the end. (He did remarkably well for forced large pulls while not being very well geared).

A bit of old school wisdom on this one:  "You feel it's your job to pull it, then it is your job to tank it."

Any game where I have tanked while in pick-up groups and this happens, I spam the /sit skill.  Trusted friends or groups where the agreement is made is really my only exception.

Props to that AST though, I'm slowly learning to play WHM and healing is certainly a whole another animal when you don't know the dungeon from that role.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-13-2016

(04-13-2016, 01:55 PM)Greybarren Wrote: A bit of old school wisdom on this one:  "You feel it's your job to pull it, then it is your job to tank it."

Any game where I have tanked while in pick-up groups and this happens, I spam the /sit skill.  Trusted friends or groups where the agreement is made is really my only exception.

Props to that AST though, I'm slowly learning to play WHM and healing is certainly a whole another animal when you don't know the dungeon from that role.

If I had been feeling more spiteful, I'd have let them keep the mobs and wipe. (It helped that I hadn't really played the game in three weeks! Even the most boring of content felt new again.)

The AST did an amazing job given what they had to work with and we only suffered a few deaths. They got my commendation at least.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 04-13-2016

(04-13-2016, 12:41 PM)Aaron Wrote: snip

I'm 99% sure that if you take off your soulstone, you can crossclass anything you want. I don't know if you'd have the MP for it, but yeah.

edit: what drugs am I on, isn't spell cost based on % and not raw value? gid gud, scrub!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Virella - 04-13-2016

I like to go in as a Class instead of a Job in the old 50 raids, fire my ACT on, and laugh at the fact I'm still outdpsing most people : < Not sure if you still can though...

My old FC and me used to do this on our drunken weekend lols, was quite a bit of fun. But yeah, it makes me kinda sad that you can outdps people as your Class and not your Job.

Oh and today we've wiped on the second boss of Lost City because other DPS cbaed to attack the Arcane bubble thingy. Many sads were had.

(04-13-2016, 02:03 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:

I'm 99% sure that if you take off your soulstone, you can crossclass anything you want. I don't know if you'd have the MP for it, but yeah.

edit: what drugs am I on, isn't spell cost based on % and not raw value? gid gud, scrub!
I was a DRK.

Now where's my apology at nerd?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 04-13-2016

(04-13-2016, 02:37 PM)Aaron Wrote:

I was a DRK.

You don't get one! You don't carry a single other weapon for any other job? You can crossclass raise at level 1, dork.

...actually, can crafters crossclass raise too? SOMEONE GET ON THIS.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 04-13-2016

(04-13-2016, 02:39 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:

I was a DRK.

You don't get one! You don't carry a single other weapon for any other job? You can crossclass raise at level 1, dork.

It has been pointed out to me that he *may very well just doesn't carry a single other weapon for the other classes that he's leveled.

You can't raise as a crafter but you can pose as a Paladin!

(04-13-2016, 02:39 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:

I was a DRK.

Why would I carry gear I don't use?

I'm not a packrat like you losers.