Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Virella - 04-15-2016

(04-15-2016, 09:32 AM)Kurt S. Wrote: Snip
If you used Eos like this

[Image: vhKqLv5.jpg]

Then you are my personal trigger. Only use her if you want to actively micromanage your SCH pet, else go Selene.

Eos I rarely pull out. Last time I remember was last phase in t13 where we needed her. Else? Eh. Selene is your better choice.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kurt S. - 04-15-2016

(04-15-2016, 09:47 AM)Virella Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 09:32 AM)Kurt S. Wrote: Snip
If you used Eos like this

[Image: vhKqLv5.jpg]

Then you are my personal trigger. Only use her if you want to actively micromanage your SCH pet, else go Selene.

Eos I rarely pull out. Last time I remember was last phase in t13 where we needed her. Else? Eh. Selene is your better choice.

Well uhhh.... #trigger'd? \(ouo)/ I literally went in there with zero healing knowledge. Also still trying to figure out how to put that delicious pet bar on a ps4 interface <w<

I'm a disaster in progress, I can already smell the train wreck.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 04-15-2016

This is exactly why I don't heal son lol

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - S'imba - 04-15-2016

Scholars do have a cleanse but it's on one of the fairies...I believe it's a full party cleanse on a cooldown. So you got to use control in order to use it when you need it. 

As for the pet hot bar on ps4. You got to go into character configuration and make sure the bar is enabled, then tap the r1 button to switch to the pet hot cross bar. At least that's what I do. I'm sure other people have other set ups they use.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-15-2016

(04-15-2016, 09:50 AM)Kurt S. Wrote: Well uhhh.... #trigger'd? \(ouo)/ I literally went in there with zero healing knowledge. Also still trying to figure out how to put that delicious pet bar on a ps4 interface <w<

I'm a disaster in progress, I can already smell the train wreck.

I use the PS4 controller (although on a PC) and I like it!

You can enable the Pet Crossbar in your Character settings, but honestly, if you make use of more than one crossbar normally, you'll have a bad time. The pet crossbar will forcibly swap in/out with every R1 tap, which means you lose being able to switch to your previous crossbar.

I use a modified (to personal taste) version of this guy's bar. The to/from cleric stance macros to swap your bars can be lovely as long as lag and latency don't get in the way. (I recommend copying them over to crossbar2 with the other utility spells so you can easily revert if needed)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Jana - 04-15-2016

Honestly I just leveled ACN as SMN; I can use SCH for outdated content if my FC is desperate but otherwise getting me to heal is a bad idea because I don't have the right mindset for it.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kurt S. - 04-15-2016

Thanks for the little bits of technical help guys!

I guess I don't run into much pet stuff so I'm fine with 2 cross bars for..well nearly anything.

I.E. WAR Kurt has Crossbar 1 with Defiance related stuff. Crossbar 2 has Deliverance related stuff with nearly identical layout save for like, Defiance is now Deliverance and switch. 

Well looks like I've got a lot of getting used to and setting up to do...on Allene.  

I have never felt so incompetent in a long time and it's exciting me a little :3

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 04-15-2016

(04-15-2016, 12:14 PM)Kurt S. Wrote: Thanks for the little bits of technical help guys!

I guess I don't run into much pet stuff so I'm fine with 2 cross bars for..well nearly anything.

I.E. WAR Kurt has Crossbar 1 with Defiance related stuff. Crossbar 2 has Deliverance related stuff with nearly identical layout save for like, Defiance is now Deliverance and switch. 

Well looks like I've got a lot of getting used to and setting up to do...on Allene.  

I have never felt so incompetent in a long time and it's exciting me a little :3

If you don't have them enabled, I cannot stress enough how fantastic the expanded bar options are. If that's what you're talking about, ignore me entirely and keep on keeping on!

Expanded options let you access 32 buttons from "one" crossbar display. I find it really helpful to have my attack options all on face buttons (because directional buttons with movement don't play well or comfortably) so having L+ABXY, R+ABXY, L>R+ABXY and R>L-ABXY puts a lot of convenient buttons at my fingertips.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-15-2016

(04-15-2016, 12:18 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 12:14 PM)Kurt S. Wrote: Thanks for the little bits of technical help guys!

If you don't have them enabled, I cannot stress enough how fantastic the expanded bar options are. If that's what you're talking about, ignore me entirely and keep on keeping on!

Expanded options let you access 32 buttons from "one" crossbar display. I find it really helpful to have my attack options all on face buttons (because directional buttons with movement don't play well or comfortably) so having L+ABXY, R+ABXY, L>R+ABXY and R>L-ABXY puts a lot of convenient buttons at my fingertips.

I actually do a bit of the opposite. I put all my cooldowns and mark macros (when needed) onto the expanded crossbars. Then, skill chains are set up on the front-facing bar[s] arranged so that I can easily do my 1-2-3 combo and for directional-based attacks, I know where to stand based on the button. ...I've blasted through a few dualshock triggers so far, but the layout's worked so well for me that I can't not look at the crossbar to know where my skills are.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 04-15-2016

I am not ashamed to admit to having broken a controller's trigger buttons with XIV. RIP Xbone Mini controller, you were awesome until I killed you out in the Sagoli while looking for treasure.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 04-15-2016

(04-15-2016, 11:12 AM)S'imba Wrote: Scholars do have a cleanse but it's on one of the fairies...I believe it's a full party cleanse on a cooldown. So you got to use control in order to use it when you need it. 
Just to cover this as well - Selene is the one with the AoE cleanse. It was added when they combined the attack and spell speed buffs into one move. She can be very Eos-y with it too if not controlled, popping it the moment anyone has a debuff - cleansible or not. Otherwise she ain't too bad.

I'm not the best SCH out there, but I can always try giving tips.

Y'all need help with bars on a PS4 controller while I'm at the point I can type a paragraph almost as fast as a person using a keyboard with the joystick and the x button lol

(04-15-2016, 12:49 PM)Aaron Wrote: Y'all need help with bars on a PS4 controller while I'm at the point I can type a paragraph almost as fast as a person using a keyboard with the joystick and the x button lol

Objection! Exaggeration! Taking half a dozen inputs to press one button isn't remotely as effective as even hunting/pecking with two fingers!

(04-15-2016, 12:56 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 12:49 PM)Aaron Wrote: Y'all need help with bars on a PS4 controller while I'm at the point I can type a paragraph almost as fast as a person using a keyboard with the joystick and the x button lol

Objection! Exaggeration! Taking half a dozen inputs to press one button isn't remotely as effective as even hunting/pecking with two fingers!
Yet I've never been called a slow replier.

Take that keyboard master race, you'll never take me alive!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 04-15-2016

(04-15-2016, 01:13 PM)Aaron Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 12:56 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:

Yet I've never been called a slow replier.

Take that keyboard master race, you'll never take me alive!
Hey Aaron, I got this link for you to look at in-game with that controller-typing superiority... Tongue