Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Parvacake - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 10:36 AM)S Wrote: I think dps fucking up mechanics has a lot to do with people being lazy, or not wanting to hurt their dps. So they ignore mechanics or expect someone else to do them. Though I guess I'm a little biased from dps who rush ahead to pull before the last enemy in a mob is dead to keep their dps up.
When I mained Monk (goodbye 5 years of playing DPS classes) I was always very cautious when it came to DPS mechanics or when you had to stop at a certain point. So much so that sometimes my party would yell at me because they'd want me to try and sneak in another whack or two and I'd go 'newp'.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 05-18-2016

That moment when you're in a 8 man party and all 4 dps expect another dps to do certain mechanics while they get off on their dps numbers.

Looking at you, Alexander.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 11:46 AM)Aaron Wrote: That moment when you're in a 8 man party and all 4 dps expect another dps to do certain mechanics while they get off on their dps numbers.

Looking at you, Alexander.

I can top that. I was doing LotA on Tuesday because I'm crazy and am working on my third Anima. And ONE skeleton was killed (by my part of the Alliance of course) before the Bone Dragon was killed and the rest rushed in and killed basically the entire Alliance. So only only an offtank and a single DPS were actually trying to deal with mechanics while everyone else thought they could ignore it.

Then again, this was also an Alliance with one of the groups actively trying to troll by not standing on the pad for the Atomoses and telling the group with the invulnerable one to hurry up. And two or three of them spamming the bongos sound effect ten to twenty times in a row apparently at random. Probably one of the most obnoxious LotAs I've had in quite a while.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 06-07-2016

Final Steps of Faith.

That is all.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Eses Fafa - 06-07-2016

LOOK.

AT.

THE.

FREAKIN'.

AOE MARKERS!

IT'S

NOT

HARD!

NNNNGH!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Virella - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 06:02 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Final Steps of Faith.

That is all.
Healers make or break that fight.

Somehow, I did with together with another SCH. Goddamn last time I was so serious about was turn 13. We were virusing the Ankh Morn like ability, picking tank to heal in add phase ect. I was... happy, it is rare I see another SCH manually controlling their fairies. So we were chaining our Eos' abilities as well. Was so weird, having to run with 2x Eos with 2 SCH >_> Damage was so high, like damn.

Was fun though. Although we had an idiot by the name of very famous blood elf wow prince constantly dying in my party. He was the only one really who screwed it up. Might helped I've rushed it?

I tend to notice if you rush it asap, you tend to get the serious face players/raiders, unlike peaktime folk.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 06:02 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Final Steps of Faith.

That is all.
Bruh Nidhogg hits hard as Fuck!

Never in my tanking career have a felt the need to fucking pop shadowskin AND a DA Dark Arts because that guy started breathing fire and smacking me

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Fox - 06-07-2016

Run Ifrit with new folk (all sprouts). Tank won't flash or provoke or anything.
Ifrit runs around everywhere. I end up tanking it as an archer. I'm explaining things or trying to.

I tell them several times to kill the nail and explain why. They refuse to.

We wipe.

Second run. Tank refuses to do a single thing. I tank as an archer again.
The nail comes down I'm the only one killing it along with the dragoon. Barely get it done.
Still tanking as an archer. No one listens to instructions AT ALL.

I say "Limit Break" at 10% no one does, I'm dead. Healer doesn't res me or really do much at all.

They barely just eek by and I leave.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edgar - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 06:42 PM)Eses Fafa Wrote: LOOK.

AT.

THE.

FREAKIN'.

AOE MARKERS!

IT'S

NOT

HARD!

NNNNGH!

HOW DID YOU ACCURATELY QUOTE ME WORD FOR WORD DURING MY MULTIPLE ATTEMPTS AT FINAL STEPS OF FAITH?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 06-07-2016

So who wants to hit up FSoF EX?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Zhu - 06-08-2016

Generally if there are new players with the sprouts next to their name a quick explaining usually let them know what they are supposed to do and they usually try their best to shine and improve.

But when I pug with "crowned" players, it usually means that I am going to be pushed to my limits (I tank and heal both, but rarely que as DPS) because they want to rush. They ignore basic mechanics because they either can't be arsed or they expect me to face-roll it as much as they do and when it turns out I can't, pug drama ensues.

So I personally came to expect bad behavior from veterans rather than new players. New players are often ignorant of the mechanics but a vet performing bad is..Often with the intent of being a burden on purpose and that is so, so much worse.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - McBeefâ„¢ - 06-08-2016

Holy fuck the new 24 main raid is rough with PUGs. 

I had three groups explode, before I finally went with my static's healer, and we buddy teamed. We must have pulled the other groups off the floor 2-3 times a fight. Still, we cleared it finally, so the last group of pugs was actually pretty decent.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Virella - 06-10-2016

For the Twelve-damned Dragoon who figured it was fun to get cleave by Nidhogg, not once, not twice, not thrice, but four fucking times, despite me spamming in party for him to get the fuck out.

[Image: tumblr_nnpr7vwDz41tjnjwwo1_1280.jpg]

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Momoka - 06-10-2016

Not a PUG but. I was helping Nathan through the MSQ and got some of my friends from my FC to go to steps of faith with us. We clearly stated that we had someone new, and we were doing this to clear it for them, and to please be patient. Someone got upset at a lack of dps or who even knows what, and went on a semi-elitist rant, and then proceeded to personally attack the healer friend I had brought with me. I dont care how hot shit you think you are, if you think youre cool enough to berate my friends and my best friend for not being perfect? Theyre not the problem, you are. Get your elitist attitude out of MSQ dungeons and DF.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 06-10-2016

I'd like to say congratulations to the crowned bard for teaching the next generation of dragoons how to faceplant like a champ.

To put it in DBZ Abridged terms - WHY DIDN'T YOU DOOOOOOOOOOOOODGE?!