Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Parvacake - 09-10-2016

RP related, but holy assbutts Batman.

When someone who doesn't know me (like, at all, we just met a few weeks ago with very little OOC conversations) has the audacity to make the OOC comment to me during RP that my fiance seems 'submissive and needy' when I had to ninja afk to chat with him about groceries? Their response: 'that's just based on my experiences. Then again, I can be an arrogant asshole'.

Uhhh.

Yeah. Arrogant asshole. We'll go with that, brosef. I've blocked and deleted people for lesser comments regarding my personal life then that who actually know me. You're lucky I even took the time to tell you to get a cactus shoved up your mangina. 

It's even worse when they started the whole thing with "No offense" and then seemed a bit cross that I got eye twitchy, like "No offense" automatically forgives someone for making audacious comments like that. Nah bro, gtfo.

Here, my kiddo and I use this to describe our distaste of people like you. It's a lovely shade, isn't it?

[Image: pqnXV9o.gif]

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ritsu - 09-11-2016

So I decided to do A8 a few times for gears for 240 wep. Easy stuff yea? First time I went in as a bard for fun, haven't barded in a bit. Went fine. Decided to go healer after that. So first bit went smooth, til the tank just afks right at the add phase. Shit happens, I assumed something popped up irl. We wait a few, end up kicking him and more on. 3rd one went fine. Then we got the AFK tank for the last one again. Now I am SURE this dude is trolling. We start. Right before ads pop. He stops moving for like half a minute, then is like "DPS is low, I am leaving". Then goes "I can't leave in combat" So he halfway does his job. DPS keep standing in all the things and dying. I keep bringing them back up, but with some of them the weakness is so bad, they can't stack. We wipe lack to dps. He starts to berate everyone XD

Me and Rog were like >.> since we had him before. And it was very clear he didn't know what a cooldown is. I heal Rog all the time as a pally, so admittedly I am spoiled by him. But I have had my fair experience healing bad tanks as well. And this was one of the worst.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Cecily Jisi - 09-21-2016

Alright, I got a doozy...
So last night a friend asked me and our FC leader to join him for a Weep raid. It was going fine at first, I was dying though but that was because I was experiencing lag (there were like three separate Netflixs going on at once), frame rate was slowing down with all the confusion every now and then cuz my computer is four years old, and I was a bit rusty on raids as a whole (it was only my second time in Weeping City). I was being hounded by this guy ( don't know if I should give a name or not) because of my performance issues. But did he care? Noooooo. When we got to Ozma, I died because in all the confusion, I didn't see the Singularity thingy target me. Nobody wanted to raise me. So after like two minutes, I'm just like "Whelp, guess all I can do now is just watch", and that cockbiting fucktard was STILL on my ass about it. It was then when I got kicked from the duty. I don't think I had ever been kicked from a duty before until last night. I was honestly a little hurt by how much people take raids so seriously that they'd kick me for being a little rusty. But let me ask you again; Do. They. Care? No. Moments after I realized what happened, our CF leader appeared next to me, back in front of our house. I don't know if she was also kicked or left out of disgust by the mental condition of the cockbite, but we just sat, I was being comforted by how I was being treated unfairly. After a while, our friend who was still in there told us that Ozma swept them a total of three times but killed the last boss in their first try. Which is odd because I remember in my first run of Weeping City, the Ozma fight went rather smoothly.

So long story short, I have a terrible taste in my mouth towards raids now because of a piece of filth that got me kicked.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edgar - 09-21-2016

Who's ready for another horror story from good ol' Catboy Hideo Kojima? I thought so.

Today I had a SMN in Sohr Kai and a DRG as my DPS. DRG is new, no problem, and SMN has an i240 relic. "Okay", I says to myself, "Gotta teach DRG, best go slow with the pulls, and we'll have no problems."

Not 5 seconds into the second pull, we have a problem. For some reason, the aggro is being ripped off me. I think, "Maybe i'm just bad at the gameMaybe it's just SMN parsing really well. I have an i230 PLD sword and shield, but meh, i'll compensate with more Flashes."

By the last pull before the first boss, it becomes obvious this is not working, and it's at this point I realize HE'S USING TITAN EGI.

FUCKING TITAN EGI.

So, I tell him not to use Titan Egi. His response is "dude just play ur classs [sic]". 

I inform him that I cannot because he's ripping aggro off me. I tell him to use Ifrit Egi for Bosses, and Garuda Egi for mobs. He rolls his eyes and politely tells me "yea ok tell me how to use smn master [sic]".

My response is that my alt is a level 60 SMN, which seems to shut him up.

We go to the boss, he summons Garuda Egi. "UGH", I think to myself, but I go ahead with the boss battle, and I learn how it's possible for a BiS SMN to parse less than a PLD. We go to the next set of pulls, and he summons Ifrit Egi to deal with them, which you'll notice is the exact opposite of what I asked him. He even throws out Titan Egi AGAIN during one of my pulls just to fuck with me.

By the next boss, I understand what this fucker is doing when he summons Garuda Egi again to deal with a boss: he's intentionally doing the exact opposite of what I'm asking him. We kill the boss without too much of a hitch despite his best attempts to fuck with me, and I call up a votekick for harassment. He's gone in seconds. Glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought this was bullshit.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 09-22-2016

Last roulette in Hullbreaker for a change, it was me that turned kind of into a douche. Okay, not intentionally, pretty mild, but well.

Tank had sometimes difficulties to hold aggro. I'm BLM-ing with a good MNK that was parsing similarly to myself, and a very good WhM that was not that far behind either with holyspamm.

It went pretty smooth though, even if we took a few hits at times or just died a few, until we reached that pack of 3 mobs with the rogue dude that poisons you. Tank misses to aggro everything, and since we DPS well enough all hell gets loose. Healer gets twoshot by the rogue and the rest, and the tank dies just after. 

All the mobs turn on me as I'm in astral burst phase with AoE spells... Notice that I forgot to pop quelling strikes. Pop it out of habit even if I'm going into umbral. Pop up manawalls to survive a few seconds longer, teleport to the poor monk in a panic... And transfer him all aggro since quelling strikes + umbral no dps mode.

Monk dies and I kill the last remaining mobs. 

Felt like a huge douchebag BLM after.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Charity322 - 09-22-2016

(09-21-2016, 10:15 PM)Edgar Wrote: So, I tell him not to use Titan Egi. His response is "dude just play ur classs [sic]". 

I inform him that I cannot because he's ripping aggro off me. I tell him to use Ifrit Egi for Bosses, and Garuda Egi for mobs. He rolls his eyes and politely tells me "yea ok tell me how to use smn master [sic]".

I remember doing a dungeon with a tank who, a short way in, politely asked me if I could please switch to Emerald Carbuncle as Topaz was competing with him for aggro. I said, oh really, I didn't know that. I'll switch now.

No need to get butthurt about being asked to fix a problem. They just explained what the problem was and I took their advice to fix it. I don't get why people get shitty about stuff like that.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Saravahn - 09-22-2016

(09-22-2016, 02:55 AM)Valence Wrote: Last roulette in Hullbreaker for a change, it was me that turned kind of into a douche. Okay, not intentionally, pretty mild, but well.

Tank had sometimes difficulties to hold aggro. I'm BLM-ing with a good MNK that was parsing similarly to myself, and a very good WhM that was not that far behind either with holyspamm.

It went pretty smooth though, even if we took a few hits at times or just died a few, until we reached that pack of 3 mobs with the rogue dude that poisons you. Tank misses to aggro everything, and since we DPS well enough all hell gets loose. Healer gets twoshot by the rogue and the rest, and the tank dies just after. 

All the mobs turn on me as I'm in astral burst phase with AoE spells... Notice that I forgot to pop quelling strikes. Pop it out of habit even if I'm going into umbral. Pop up manawalls to survive a few seconds longer, teleport to the poor monk in a panic... And transfer him all aggro since quelling strikes + umbral no dps mode.

To be fair, that pull is rather annoying as a tank... in terms of "mechanics". The rogue doesn't move until he's done doing his stealth crap... and the mob on the far right (caster? archer? never paid enough attention to what he's doing exactly) doesn't move either. The only mob that moves is the one in the center... and the other two are spread too far apart to hit with -insert aoe threat move here-.

So, depending on the decisions of the DPS (and possibly healer) in the group, that pull can get out of hand pretty quickly. 

Personally, what has seemed to work best for me thus far as a DRK, is unmend the rogue, then quick tab target to the middle and lunge, then drag the middle to the right and unleash. Eventually, assuming the DPS didn't go apeshit on it, the rogue joins the rest of the group and I'll unleash once or twice again and it's smooth sailing from there.

Not calling you out by any means, but it really is simply a small matter of patience on that pull as everything is spread out so much that it's a bitch to get snap aggro on everything as a tank.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 09-22-2016

(09-22-2016, 07:14 AM)Roderick Wrote: To be fair, that pull is rather annoying as a tank... in terms of "mechanics". The rogue doesn't move until he's done doing his stealth crap... and the mob on the far right (caster? archer? never paid enough attention to what he's doing exactly) doesn't move either. The only mob that moves is the one in the center... and the other two are spread too far apart to hit with -insert aoe threat move here-.
That's usually why I usually throw my tomahawk/shield at the left one and then move for the right one. That way I can aggro it and the actual moving one to me and - if the one on the left has latched onto someone else - throw another ranged attack and/or Provoke to bring it over to the other two.

Anyway, I griped about this in-game yesterday, but I continue to have the most "wonderful" luck with getting EX Primals for my Mentor roulette. Getting them by themselves wouldn't be a problem - albeit they require a lot more effort than I'm usually willing to put into a roulette - but the issue is I always seem to get them with some manner of nitwit or flat-out jerk. And they usually end up with a vote abandon, so I end up wasting a lot of time for nothing. I've only had one successful one and that was, oddly enough, a Titan EX where we barely scraped by on the fourth or fifth attempt.

So, bearing all that in mind - and perhaps remembering my last rant about my Shiva EX with the badmouthing lazy Mentor - you can probably guess I was skeptical when I got Ramuh EX for my roulette. However, I still figured I'd give it a shot since I kinda remembered the mechanics from when I did it unsynced as a tank for pony farming months back.

The issue was - again - the other players. Well, one in particular this time - the other tank. Basically everyone was new to it, so I tried to explain what folks had to do. A lot of the others were making the usual mistakes - forgetting to drop a thunderbolt on the terrored folks, stacking too many, and so on. That was fine, they were at least trying to figure it out and keep going.

The problem child was the other tank. First pull I tell him he needs to grab orbs to survive the tankbuster hit. He ignores me and dies. This ends up being the theme for him. Refusing to take the orbs, repeatedly trying to steal aggro off me when in the brief moments I run off to grab orbs myself, standing on TOP of me so that he dies when I get hit by the tankbuster...

I basically tell him three different times that he needs to grab the orbs if he wants to tank Ramuh. Every time he ignores me, sits in tank stance, and basically wastes the healers' time and MP by getting himself blown up. And the furthest we as a group ever get is to the first adds phase.

So... I bailed and ate the thirty minute cooldown timer. Probably not the coolest thing for me to do, but I wasn't going to sit there and bang my head against Ramuh EX with a co-tank that wasn't going to listen. Oh, and we had another mentor in the group whose only contribution was to say "Classic" when the group wiped from stacking too many lightning bolts on the terrored players. So yeah, I figured retreating was the better part of valor.

Ended up getting a Satasha NM run with two low-level DPS and a SCH and crushing the hell out of it once I queued up again. Followed by a Hullbreaker for my Expert where we also just straight-up steamrolled our way through. So... bad story with a happy ending, I suppose.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 09-22-2016

(09-22-2016, 07:14 AM)Roderick Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 02:55 AM)Valence Wrote: Last roulette in Hullbreaker for a change, it was me that turned kind of into a douche. Okay, not intentionally, pretty mild, but well.

To be fair, that pull is rather annoying as a tank... in terms of "mechanics". The rogue doesn't move until he's done doing his stealth crap... and the mob on the far right (caster? archer? never paid enough attention to what he's doing exactly) doesn't move either. The only mob that moves is the one in the center... and the other two are spread too far apart to hit with -insert aoe threat move here-.

So, depending on the decisions of the DPS (and possibly healer) in the group, that pull can get out of hand pretty quickly. 

Personally, what has seemed to work best for me thus far as a DRK, is unmend the rogue, then quick tab target to the middle and lunge, then drag the middle to the right and unleash. Eventually, assuming the DPS didn't go apeshit on it, the rogue joins the rest of the group and I'll unleash once or twice again and it's smooth sailing from there.

Not calling you out by any means, but it really is simply a small matter of patience on that pull as everything is spread out so much that it's a bitch to get snap aggro on everything as a tank.

Oh I know, I have seen enough of that run to be well aware of what tanks face. As a most gentlemanly DPS I always wait a bit that tanks get their aggro correctly before attacking myself. The others here seemed more or less to do it too.

Just that tank was... not totally sure of themselves or just slacking since it's not in all runs that you get 2 good DPS and a really good heal pulling out a good amount of damage as well.

He lost aggro with some other packs as well, the same way, and was totally panicked in the first boss. He wasn't terrible really. Just that his little mistakes costs us our lives a few times, and I played like a dick at the end.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 09-22-2016

To those here who Feast PvP.

You ever get that one healer who can't heal for shit and it can clearly be seen at the end when the score sheet pops up and you see the enemy healer has healed twice as much WHILE moving around avoiding attacks.

Or that one DPS that grabs every medal drop before the tank (which us usually me) gets it, or when you have to grab medals before they disappear because nobody gets it, then deal with bitching of jumping from 4 to 10 stacks and going "If you'd you know, walked over the medals like a smart person we wouldn't be in this mess."

No tank is going to survive the remaining 5 minutes with 10 stacks. That's like a 200% vulnerability up increase. You can get dpsed to 0 by a fucking PLD (I've seen one do it when I was a NIN!)

PvP is fun.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Pip - 09-22-2016

(09-22-2016, 07:14 AM)Roderick Wrote:

When I get to that fight on NIN, I pop my Mutilate DoT on the rogue right after the tank pulls and it seems to break him out of his stealth act and get him in line a little quicker (92% sure it works; I need to watch closely next time to confirm.). On odd occasions he ends up aggroing on me briefly, but that's why I have a bag of aggro-tossing tricks*, defensive cooldowns, and stand in a clump of violence with a well-insulated hate factory.

*But seriously, am I the only ROG/NIN who gets a little high on having the power to choose who tanks at any given moment? My dream is to be in a well-coordinated group of 3 NINs and a healer and play 'Pass the Boss' through dungeons.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 09-22-2016

Stealth ninja or rogue can be stunned and he will walk right to you so long as people don't wail on him as you bring the middle to the lalafell.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edgar - 09-22-2016

(09-22-2016, 08:30 PM)Kage Wrote: Stealth ninja or rogue can be stunned and he will walk right to you so long as people don't wail on him as you bring the middle to the lalafell.

I do this every single time. Does Awareness work on the mob after that, I wonder?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kilieit - 09-25-2016

Dear Svara FATE tank:

You are a dark knight, not a caffeinated squirrel.

SIT. STILL.

(Context: I was playing NIN, which is the class which, at my current level, has exactly one positional, at the end of a 3-skill combo. I don't think I managed to hit this positional once during the 75% I actually got to fight Svara properly for.)

And for the love of all that is holy DO NOT reset the thing at 25% and 6 minutes to go because you got a widdle scawed and thought you might have to be raised by someone. Maybe using your defensive cooldowns would have helped. Even just one.

If I could revoke your soul crystal access, I would.

The icing on the shitty cake was that after the FATE inevitably timed out due to this DRK's single-handed incompetence, the boss continued to attack me, while invuln, for about 30 further seconds. So that was fun.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - GhostlyMaiden - 09-26-2016

Weeping City of Mhach.
When I realized I wasn't 235 yet (because I was lazy the entire patch), I decided to try and rush and get as much done as I could so I could be closer to 235. I remembered that Weeping city drops the thing to upgrade gear.

I thought people would've gotten better with mechanics, that people actually knew what they were doing. I was wrong with this run. We wiped the first boss and it took almost forever to actually beat him the second time. We get to the second boss and we wipe. We do it again and wipe! The party didn't last long since we abandoned duty at around 90 minutes.

Yep. Good times.