Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kilieit - 12-21-2016

(12-21-2016, 10:20 PM)Charity322 Wrote: Okay, Urban Dictionary tells me that MT is Main Tank, but what is OT (Obnoxious Tank)?

Off-tank, but tbh that usually works too.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Enla - 12-25-2016

Lots of Levi wipes today and people thinking I'm insulting them for warning the party - when I'm actually agreeing with them about the DPS needing to hold back. So that was fun. Seriously, what is with people not holding back DPS when asked? Your DPS literally means shit when you wipe.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-25-2016

(12-25-2016, 11:25 PM)Enla Wrote: Lots of Levi wipes today and people thinking I'm insulting them for warning the party - when I'm actually agreeing with them about the DPS needing to hold back. So that was fun. Seriously, what is with people not holding back DPS when asked? Your DPS literally means shit when you wipe.

But muh parser said I haff 2 Fite good.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Enla - 12-26-2016

(12-25-2016, 11:54 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(12-25-2016, 11:25 PM)Enla Wrote: Lots of Levi wipes today and people thinking I'm insulting them for warning the party - when I'm actually agreeing with them about the DPS needing to hold back. So that was fun. Seriously, what is with people not holding back DPS when asked? Your DPS literally means shit when you wipe.

But muh parser said I haff 2 Fite good.
Fite gewd an hit da leezurd!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Tyndles - 01-02-2017

Do my expert. Tank refuses to use grit, says IT is unnecessary because he's got a 270 weapon. I pull aggro and get blamed for death. Ughhhh

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Arcian - 01-02-2017

(01-02-2017, 09:33 AM)Tyndles Wrote: Do my expert. Tank refuses to use grit, says IT is unnecessary because he's got a 270 weapon. I pull aggro and get blamed for death. Ughhhh

I keep running into cocky tanks who assume they can stay out of Grit/Defiance/Shield Oath because hurr durr, what could a monk in DF possibly do to threaten their tank epeen?

They usually change their minds after one or two trash packs.

Tl;dr - I feel your pain, my dude.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Rosehip - 01-02-2017

I did Palace of the Dead yesterday, the very first levels (1-10), with an Elezen and two Miqo'te, a male and a female.
I'm on my Astro, but since it's the low levels where not much healing is usually needed, I'm in Cleric Stance.

On the second floor, the male Miqo'te just stands at the beginning while we clear the floor, and then runs to the teleporter. Ok, no big deal.
The same thing happens on the next floor. And the next.

After about four to five floors, the Elezen initiates a kick. I just want it over with, so I vote no and continue going, even though I too found it a bit annoying.
The female Miqo'te however, who I assume is the friend or partner of the male (afk) Miqo'te starts loudly complaining about how mean it was to start a kick. The male miqo'te comes back and joins in on complaining, saying that "he was doing housework". The Elezen says that he shouldn't sign up then, if he was gonna be busy with house work, and at this point I also say that while I voted no to the kick, I did feel it was a bit rude to join a run and then go afk for half of it without telling anyone.

Oh boy was that apparently just super mean of me because he TOLD the female Miqo'te (who didn't say anything to the rest of us), and NOW we showed how we treated people, and we were being really mean and really bad people. This all despite the fact that no one had sad anything worse than "This is kind of rude".

When I said I didn't think we had been particularly mean, I was hit with "Well, she's a better healer than you anyway, you shouldn't use cleric stance when you're healing!" and I was a noob (which is technically not untrue, I've been playing for like a month, but still).
Lol, ok, on floor 1-10, sure it requires some super srs healing there.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Tyndles - 01-07-2017

My expert last night was a bit of a shitshow.

The healer is new, and their gear very much reflects that they haven't been in the game in a while, or they don't really do PvE content or whatever. The point is that when the tank said "gonna do big pulls" and the healer suggested against that, that the run was going to be magical.

The run went okay until the big pull before the liquid fflame, when the dragoon just explodes, "so uh...why ARENT YOU DIUNB YR FUCKIMN JOB" (misspellings kept)

The healer just said "sorry" and we did the pull a little smaller and things go fine, and then the tank pulls the ENTIRE last chunk, all the way to the statues. We die, and the dragoon goes on about "Im a dragoon, im the best dps in the game, you need to keep me alive" (that one isnt exact)

I felt so bad, because the healer left before I could give them the comm once we got through it. (Which when the tank pulled smaller, we did)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-07-2017

(01-07-2017, 08:07 PM)Tyndles Wrote: My expert last night was a bit of a shitshow.

The healer is new, and their gear very much reflects that they haven't been in the game in a while, or they don't really do PvE content or whatever. The point is that when the tank said "gonna do big pulls" and the healer suggested against that, that the run was going to be magical.

The run went okay until the big pull before the liquid fflame, when the dragoon just explodes, "so uh...why ARENT YOU DIUNB YR FUCKIMN JOB" (misspellings kept)

The healer just said "sorry" and we did the pull a little smaller and things go fine, and then the tank pulls the ENTIRE last chunk, all the way to the statues. We die, and the dragoon goes on about "Im a dragoon, im the best dps in the game, you need to keep me alive" (that one isnt exact)

I felt so bad, because the healer left before I could give them the comm once we got through it. (Which when the tank pulled smaller, we did)

It drives me insane when people try to do massive pulls when it's clear someone is not able to keep up with it whether it's being new, undergeared, or anything else. Like, it's not even gonna be fast if the party keeps wiping because of it. shame on the Dragoon for being a dick. Shame on the tank for being dumb and trying to do it after it didn't work the first time. GL HM's last couple pulls are some of the worst and I wouldn't wish that on anyone who isn't ready for it.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Jana - 01-07-2017

But why was the DRG getting hit in the first place? Either the tank was losing aggro during AoE pulls or the DRG was standing in AoEs themselves.

Really makes you think.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edda - 01-07-2017

(01-07-2017, 08:07 PM)Tyndles Wrote: The point is that when the tank said "gonna do big pulls" and the healer suggested against that, that the run was going to be magical.

[Image: IYyucIx.jpg]

Hahaha holy shit. Had this happen to me a few times too. Tanks that don't listen to their healers or even pay attention to their party composition, or even just look at people's HP (takes like 5 seconds to look jfc) are the worst. Worse still are the ones that treat EVERY DUNGEON like it's an expert mass-pull speed run.

I got into Aurum Vale on my alt, a Scholar, in my horrible leveling gear and not level synced. Tank was a 60 Warrior, very decked out. They were actually very good for the most part, but when we got to the room before the second boss (the one with all the diremites), he was like "I'm going to pull the whole room."

"Okay," I said. "You'll die."

And he didn't do it! To my surprise, of course, though he did bitch about it some.

I really do feel bad for healers that get dragged along by tanks like that. Sometimes if I feel they're about to do something stupid I'll just hang back and let them get killed. Sometimes you need to let them learn the hard way (or maybe I'm just petty...?). Such a shame that healer put up with all that crap, can really kill confidence.

Also WHY are Dragoons the biggest shit talkers that can never back it up? So pathetic. There's a DRG on Balmung (who shall remain unnamed) who I got into a Sophia clear group with, and he kept bitching the whole time about how he's the 3rd best parse in the world on this fight, how we should just 1-tank it, how it was everyone's fault that he kept dying. He eventually left after we wiped 5 times and everyone was like thank GOD. Then I looked up DRG dps rankings for that fight and he wasn't even top 100. LEL.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Virella - 01-07-2017

Today in PvP

I had someone scream at me for not dispelling their CC

He was constantly breaking my CC on ranged.

I told him when he stopped breaking my CC, he could have a dispel

He was mad Sad

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - sima - 01-08-2017

I was getting through the introductory guildhests earlier. Joined one in which we had to fight an Elezen boss who, when low, spawns a couple of casters to heal him back up. One person in the party wouldn't stop damaging him and so he wouldn't stop spawning healers. Turned what would've been a 5 minute thing into an eternity. When one of the other newbies told them that the whole point of this hest is to learn a lesson in choosing targets, they replied with "they're for me to do whatever i want and you can't do anything about it"

nice

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Tyndles - 01-12-2017

Just make the paladin take the parry materia out off his gear...

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Virella - 01-17-2017

This patch is making me remind why I fucking hate 95% of all ‘gamer couples’. They are so often so fucking incompetent. This fucking idiotic healer didn’t bother to ress the bards. Nah, had to ress her fucking boyfriend’s dragoon. Because what’s songs, what’s MP back to ress the whole party? Jfc.

It especially fucking irks me because it was yet another fucking cancerous woman not living up to any standards for doing MMO content and dragging my fucking gender down with her utter lack of skill and knowledge. Go back to fucking Farmville.