Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-21-2017

(01-18-2017, 06:36 PM)PSDuckie Wrote: Speaking of the new dungeons, I was in a Baelsar's Wall group yesterday.  After three wipes on the last boss, the PLD tank ragequit.  Once we replaced him with a new tank (a DRK), we downed the boss with no more wipes.  If the PLD had just stayed for one more attempt, he would have been in the group that downed the boss.

More like, if he had stayed, you wouldn't have cleared.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ferus - 01-21-2017

Venting at Zurvan EX pugs.

Somehow, people manage to run a one tank, one healer, six dps party, and STILL manage to not be able to skip first Soar.

Seriously phase 1 might as well be a training dummy for how few mechanics dps have to do, at this point, people just don't know how to play their job.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Saravahn - 01-21-2017

TIL that my DRG's doom spike is strong enough aoe damage to pull aoe threat from a DRK.... across three different dungeons and three different DRKs.

God tier DRG looking for Savage/EX static. PST

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Enla - 02-08-2017

[Image: 53M5TRa.png]

Soooo, ran into this today. It extended to a full other page and only ended because we finished the trial but fucking hell... WHY?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 02-08-2017

(02-08-2017, 04:46 AM)Enla Wrote: [Image: 53M5TRa.png]

Soooo, ran into this today. It extended to a full other page and only ended because we finished the trial but fucking hell... WHY?
LMAOOOOOOOOO That PLD knew what they were doing.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 02-08-2017

He was also either clicking the same move a couple times to get it to "register" or he was royally screwing up his rotations.

... I'm also disappointed there were no major cooldowns in there. Not even... what's it called again? Fight or Flight? The damage boost.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kazukata - 02-08-2017

Well, there was the Stone Vigil run I ended up on with an ilvl 15 tank. Even more bizarre, they didn't seem to have their normal leveling gear anywhere on them. After getting nearly instagibbed and wiping us twice, they slunk off. Party Finder took pity on us and gave us an ilvl 260 tank after that. Stark contrast.

Then there was the Dun Scaith run my poor tank friend's UI wigged out on. Any and all text just up and vanished for him the second combat started, boss attacks included. We survived the run just fine, but the poor guy couldn't even read all the angry messages the other tanks were flinging his way in alliance chat.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ferus - 02-08-2017

(02-08-2017, 08:24 AM)Aaron Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 04:46 AM)Enla Wrote: [Image: 53M5TRa.png]

LMAOOOOOOOOO That PLD knew what they were doing.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the PLD was just mashing their keys to make sure the move came out, since I do that too, but christ. Fracture? No Goring Blades?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Arcian - 02-08-2017

Basically what Ferus said - I'm just as appalled by his rotation as I am by the fact that he macroed literally everything.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ryslo Suramlo - 02-08-2017

My small pet peeve is when you create a 'Clear' Party for an Extreme and in the description it says Know up to 20% of the Bosses HP only to find out when you get into the Extreme there are people who can't even get past the first 10% of the bosses HP. Please read! 

I'm super cool with mistakes occurring when your in a 'Learning' Party, but when you've been trying to clear something for four weeks so you can join farm groups who clearly state 'No Bonus' its irking. #Rant Over.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 02-08-2017

(02-08-2017, 08:03 PM)Ryslo Suramlo Wrote: My small pet peeve is when you create a 'Clear' Party for an Extreme and in the description it says Know up to 20% of the Bosses HP only to find out when you get into the Extreme there are people who can't even get past the first 10% of the bosses HP. Please read! 

I'm super cool with mistakes occurring when your in a 'Learning' Party, but when you've been trying to clear something for four weeks so you can join farm groups who clearly state 'No Bonus' its irking. #Rant Over.

Reminds me of T5 parties asking people to know past divebombs and having no clue where to stack for them.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 02-08-2017

(02-08-2017, 08:32 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 08:03 PM)Ryslo Suramlo Wrote: My small pet peeve is when you create a 'Clear' Party for an Extreme and in the description it says Know up to 20% of the Bosses HP only to find out when you get into the Extreme there are people who can't even get past the first 10% of the bosses HP. Please read! 

Reminds me of T5 parties asking people to know past divebombs and having no clue where to stack for them.

You mean those aren't parties to get people who know the fight just so they can carry you through them?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 02-08-2017

Not gonna lie: My first T5 clear was one I lied to get into, back before the new bonus was a notification.

In my defense, I'd wiped repeatedly to the final phase before and had actually seen everything up to a kill, but the fact remains I joined a farm party and dinged my achievement in it.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 02-08-2017

(02-08-2017, 08:48 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Not gonna lie: My first T5 clear was one I lied to get into, back before the new bonus was a notification.

In my defense, I'd wiped repeatedly to the final phase before and had actually seen everything up to a kill, but the fact remains I joined a farm party and dinged my achievement in it.
I legit did the same thing looooool

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 02-09-2017

(02-08-2017, 09:54 PM)Aaron Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 08:48 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Not gonna lie: My first T5 clear was one I lied to get into, back before the new bonus was a notification.

I legit did the same thing looooool

The leader called me out on it afterwards. It was the most "disappointed father" I've ever gotten in an MMO.

Party Lead Senpai Wrote:I'm upset you lied to me to get in here. But you didn't fuck up, so it's okay.