Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Niran Kahkol-Tumet - 05-17-2017

One time in the Stone Vigil, was running on Duty Roulette with my tank and we had a monk and conjurer with us (yes, not a WHM, conjurer). Conjurer kept not healing in time because they were dps'ing. I have no problem with healers dps'ing, but please know when you need to heal instead. And we had the monk talking down to me and the tank over our "substandard gear". We were still in the 40s level wise, we weren't exactly going to have the best damn gear.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Enla - 06-20-2017

Gotta love it when you get the Chrysalis for your Trial and the OT legitimately stands still the entire time. Not picking up orbs, not tanking the meteors so we all wiped tried to make up for them, and then FINALLY doing something when we threatened to vote kick and immediately pulling before the vote could finish counting down. Icing on the cake was when their friend, though frankly given the vitriol they had to be dating, gets pissy at others for calling the tank out yet can only muster up a 'go fuck yourself' as a retort.

At least the MT was good, great even! And the DPS was on point. Yet nothing was as satisfying as watching those two slink out of the party after trying to act 'cool' and make the people upset with them look like the idiots.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Teadrinker - 06-26-2017

I just wanna know where all these bad/toxic tanks are coming from all of a sudden.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 06-26-2017

Could you explain further?

But let me tell you, WAR has not been (as) fun as before in terms of AOE aggro. I won't mention the less tanky feeling of getting hit issues with WAR now cause I don't mind that as much as >I can see the issues on the horizon with enmity<.

As it is now, I have to throw out maybe 5 overpowers on just a pack ALONG with steel cyclones and onslaughts on CD/Beast Gauge.

Overpower is conal and steel cyclone requires 50 Beast Gauge. Infuriate is within battle only. Ranged and DPS with closers (and some healers) need to not engage or set off HoTs if I'm trying to get these mobs in position for me to use overpower effectively (aka not waste it on just two enemies).

... also I feel more squishy Sad

(Aggro is less a problem on bosses. It's the trash multiple mobs that are 'fun' to deal with now.)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 06-26-2017

It certainly seems like WARs are a whole load more squishy now... and I wonder how much of that is based off losing Bloodbath. In AoE pulls, getting the AoE damage plus the reflect damage from that one buff that escapes me... meant you were getting some solid self-healing in there. I abused the heck out of that on WAR on Gogon... though I've only been focusing on SCH (which apparently isn't doing too hot either compared to the other two healers, I've heard) and now RDM on him.

But yeah, by playing RDM on Gogon and SAM on Chach... you have some crazy AoE damage going on right now.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Teadrinker - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 11:46 AM)Kage Wrote: Could you explain further?

But let me tell you, WAR has not been (as) fun as before in terms of AOE aggro. I won't mention the less tanky feeling of getting hit issues with WAR now cause I don't mind that as much as >I can see the issues on the horizon with enmity<.

As it is now, I have to throw out maybe 5 overpowers on just a pack ALONG with steel cyclones and onslaughts on CD/Beast Gauge.

Overpower is conal and steel cyclone requires 50 Beast Gauge. Infuriate is within battle only. Ranged and DPS with closers (and some healers) need to not engage or set off HoTs if I'm trying to get these mobs in position for me to use overpower effectively (aka not waste it on just two enemies).

... also I feel more squishy Sad

(Aggro is less a problem on bosses. It's the trash multiple mobs that are 'fun' to deal with now.)

I honestly don't even remember what class he was I just remember he was a dickbag not mitigating tankbusters then blaming healers and it's my fault he's getting 2 shot cause I don't have an ex weapon yet so my heals suck even though I'm pretty sure ilvl gets scaled down..?

???

Trial Roulette. Like...I don't even.

So he gets vote kicked for harassment and I'm like "Cool ok can just get my 60 tomes and go home." No, then his friend goes off. And these are dudes going through the MSQ like..

I had another tank while leveling that pulled the front half of a dungeon like it's HW then ate shit then started spitting at me. I get tanks got jostled around a lot this xpac but damn. Own some of this. Or at least don't be a dick about it.

Like I have a friend who mains DRK (arguably the tank that got it the worst) and right now I swear most people that play that class are just bottomless holes you burn mana in but he's managed to figure it out and play it just fine so....idk.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 06-26-2017

I always hated healing DRK when I was doing HW when it was new. When it was new mind you. It felt like it mitigated squat when I was maining SCH through it.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 06-26-2017

Making Dark Dance and Low Blow role based action was a dumb move imho cause now not only does it waste a slot that could be used for something like convalescene or the provoke AoE but I can't even do the DA + DD for the evasion buff but Low Blow isn't even NEEDED by other tank because PLD is a fucking stun spammer and WAR got to keep its stun anyway.

So DRK has to waste 2 slots to get back abilities it already had while the others don't suffer AND they took away the Delerium combo (and made it a role action too like WTF??) Plus Scourge is out the window.

DRK legit is the worst tank right now. If I didn't hate levelling I'd have switched to WAR or PLD if they were at 60 not 50 & 54

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 05:38 PM)Aaron Wrote: Making Dark Dance and Low Blow role based action was a dumb move imho cause now not only does it waste a slot that could be used for something like convalescene or the provoke AoE but I can't even do the DA + DD for the evasion buff but Low Blow isn't even NEEDED by other tank because PLD is a fucking stun spammer and WAR got to keep its stun anyway.

So DRK has to waste 2 slots to get back abilities it already had while the others don't suffer AND they took away the Delerium combo (and made it a role action too like WTF??) Plus Scourge is out the window.

DRK legit is the worst tank right now. If I didn't hate levelling I'd have switched to WAR or PLD if they were at 60 not 50 & 54

WAR lost its stun. We have to cross-role for it now. I mostly miss Bloodbath. And Flash.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 05:54 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 05:38 PM)Aaron Wrote: Making Dark Dance and Low Blow role based action was a dumb move imho cause now not only does it waste a slot that could be used for something like convalescene or the provoke AoE but I can't even do the DA + DD for the evasion buff but Low Blow isn't even NEEDED by other tank because PLD is a fucking stun spammer and WAR got to keep its stun anyway.

WAR lost its stun. We have to cross-role for it now. I mostly miss Bloodbath. And Flash.
I stand corrected. Why tf did they take away our OCD stun yet PLD can be stun happy all days of the week? It's mind boggling.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Tyndles - 06-26-2017

*covers his NIN in Bloodbath* its so sweet.

So, first time doing one of the new level 70 dungeons. The tank refuses to use their tank stance and loses aggro constantly. We ask politely for them to use it. "If you don't like the way I play, go wait in another hour queue lol"

It was so bad, man. Sad Why?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 06:42 PM)Tyndles Wrote: *covers his NIN in Bloodbath*  its so sweet.

So, first time doing one of the new level 70 dungeons.  The tank refuses to use their tank stance and loses aggro constantly.  We ask politely for them to use it. "If you don't like the way I play, go wait in another hour queue lol"

It was so bad, man. Sad  Why?

That sounds pretty horrible. And it's hard enough keeping enmity WITH a stance atm. I'm hoping lv70 WAR is more fun than what's being offered as lv60 WAR, because right now, I wouldn't tell someone to play it.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Greenley - 06-27-2017

I've no doubt this sentiment has been said here before ad nauseam, but shout out to all the healers who insist you as a tank "Pull more!" then after you pull the exact number you know you can survive, they run and get more, killing everyone. Thanks, guy.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 06-27-2017

(06-27-2017, 12:08 PM)Greenley Wrote: I've no doubt this sentiment has been said here before ad nauseam, but shout out to all the healers who insist you as a tank "Pull more!" then after you pull the exact number you know you can survive, they run and get more, killing everyone. Thanks, guy.

As a SCH, I've always been of the mind of having the tank pull as much as they're comfortable with. Doubly so in SB since they seem a bit extra squishy. But it also heavily requires said tank to be aware of how much they can pull.

While I tend to not pull more things, I have seen tanks who pull far too much. Or pull a decent amount and refuse to use their defensive cooldowns. Or surprise me with a huge pull (which also tends to happen when I'm out of Aetherflow stacks) and so they die because I couldn't respond in time to the sudden increased influx of damage.

... So yeah, you can find problem folk across all roles. And it's never fun to meet any of them.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Greenley - 06-27-2017

(06-27-2017, 12:13 PM)Gegenji Wrote: ... So yeah, you can find problem folk across all roles. And it's never fun to meet any of them.

Aye, would never claim otherwise. I actually play all three -- DPS, tank, healer all, in that order -- so I've seen this happen from every angle. But this is my current personal gripe, so I griped.