Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 06-27-2017

Fair enough!

Speaking of current gripes, then. And it's actually not about dungeons or content or anything like that.

I recently made my alt on Mateus to have it to RP there and to see for myself how insane the XP bonus is (it's redonk, if you're curious). As such, I had /shout chat turned on in Ul'dah... and for almost all my time in that city I was hearing people complain about Balmung and how terrible and toxic and horrible it is (and full of nothing but ERP and drama, apparently).

I mean, really guys. You're going to find terrible people everywhere, on any server and in any decently sized group of people in general. Let's not make it an Us vs. Them situation like what happened with Gilgamesh. We're all RPers, we all are here to have fun and goof around with our pretend-times on the Interwebs. Let's not introduce even more drama by drawing unnecessary lines in the sand.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Greenley - 06-27-2017

I've already said my bit on this issue so I'll copy-paste my reply from another thread: 

Show Content

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 06-27-2017

Oh, I don't have a negative view on Mateus at all and was fairly certain it was - as you said - a vocal minority situation. I tend to turn off shout-chat anyway just because there's been very little there that has been worth leaving it on for, especially in the cities. This was just a new one that just had me shaking my head a little.

... And my view on avoiding the Us vs. Them applies to both sides of the table. Just as I don't like seeing people dig at Balmung on Mateus, so too should Balmung not get all up in arms about Mateus. Both are offering wonderful RP opportunities and having them both isn't somehow "hurting" either side at all, despite what people might think.

I'm looking forward to hunting for some RP on Mateus once I get my little toymaker up to speed. Though I suppose the biggest "issue" will be juggling characters cross-server. I might have to go even more on the "scheduled RP times" for the guy, but I'm willing to see how it plays out. Thumbsup

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - cuideag - 06-27-2017

Thought I'd do some dungeons for the stupid anima whatever quest for my dumb 60 BLM and I get this ding dong in DF:
[Image: tumblr_inline_os8ca7ft9a1rxci4d_540.png]

Please don't be #2 here. Just don't! I promise you, you will have a better time if you aren't That Person.

Thanks, folks in the TA linkshell for letting me kind of vent at yall, but this kind of thing really gets my goat.

The SCH did fantastic in any case, zero wipes or deaths.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Parvacake - 06-27-2017

Been itching for my Lakshmi EX clear and it's been ridiculous. Have spent hours and hours in PF and we keep failing on the same mechanic which requires the DPS to focus and avoid using dots on some adds.

*flailroflstomp*

But they don't. And when we get summoners? They don't pay attention to their egis which sometimes focuses on an add and will kill it before the time is right. Then it messes up the whole phase. 

Every.

Single.

Party.

Fails.

This.

Phase.

Pleasesaveme.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 06-27-2017

Can't we just all get along or is that a concept harder to understand than quantum physics?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - foxfirestorm - 06-28-2017

(06-27-2017, 10:26 PM)Aaron Wrote: Can't we just all get along or is that a concept harder to understand than quantum physics?

In the words of an old song: "Why can't we be friends~".

Sadly, I have concluded somewhere that human nature seem to be always at odds with itself and thus is naturally drawn to conflict. Even when we try to avoid it, we sometimes, somehow, find ourselves in it.

In this, the differences of opinion and beliefs is what causes these conflicts and thus-- getting people to get along, takes a community effort. Mostly of like minded individuals, such as us roleplayers-- and even then, we slam heads sometimes on points of views!

Really, I suppose, it comes down to how one handles the opposition in the end. Do you strike back-- or do you turn the other cheek. I tend to chose the other cheek method, mostly because people on the internet believe they don't have to hold to any moral or ethical ground, thus-- are jerks. Outside of us few who believe in keeping to our moral and ethics.

And now I leave you all with cupcakes cause good lord, that got philosophical.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 08:51 AM)foxfirestorm Wrote: Really, I suppose, it comes down to how one handles the opposition in the end. Do you strike back-- or do you turn the other cheek. I tend to chose the other cheek method, mostly because people on the internet believe they don't have to hold to any moral or ethical ground, thus-- are jerks. Outside of us few who believe in keeping to our moral and ethics.

That's my usual approach to it. Not only is it usually the vocal minority making a fuss, it's easily ignored or blocked by turning off /shout chat. Beyond that, there's also a very low likelihood I'll even end up bumping into or RPing with these people anyway... and even if I do it's not like I'm going to openly announce "OHEY MY MAIN'S ON BALMUNG" or "I GOTTA ALT ON MATEUS." That sort of stuff will likely only come up if we hit it off and want to schedule another meeting for RP.

... And if finding out the fact that I have characters on one, the other, or both is enough to set them off, then I might not really want that next RP interaction anyway.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - foxfirestorm - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 09:06 AM)Gegenji Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 08:51 AM)foxfirestorm Wrote: Really, I suppose, it comes down to how one handles the opposition in the end. Do you strike back-- or do you turn the other cheek. I tend to chose the other cheek method, mostly because people on the internet believe they don't have to hold to any moral or ethical ground, thus-- are jerks. Outside of us few who believe in keeping to our moral and ethics.

That's my usual approach to it. Not only is it usually the vocal minority making a fuss, it's easily ignored or blocked by turning off /shout chat. Beyond that, there's also a very low likelihood I'll even end up bumping into or RPing with these people anyway... and even if I do it's not like I'm going to openly announce "OHEY MY MAIN'S ON BALMUNG" or "I GOTTA ALT ON MATEUS." That sort of stuff will likely only come up if we hit it off and want to schedule another meeting for RP.

... And if finding out the fact that I have characters on one, the other, or both is enough to set them off, then I might not really want that next RP interaction anyway.

Exactly~.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Drej - 06-28-2017

Um.

What the hell was done this expansion to you poor SCH mains? Seems like just about every party's out for your blood.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 07:29 PM)Drej Wrote: Um.

What the hell was done this expansion to you poor SCH mains? Seems like just about every party's out for your blood.

In the meta-view, SCH is the "weakest" healer.

Also, with SB, SCH lost three DoTs (Bio, Miasma II, and Aero - though the last one couldn't be spread to other targets) and access to Stoneskin. So a lot of their "passive" damage potential was lost, and AST can bubble basically as good as they can and they have their cards to further bolster the party along with their heals.

... Something to that effect, anyway.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Enla - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 07:41 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 07:29 PM)Drej Wrote: Um.

In the meta-view, SCH is the "weakest" healer.

Also, with SB, SCH lost three DoTs (Bio, Miasma II, and Aero - though the last one couldn't be spread to other targets) and access to Stoneskin. So a lot of their "passive" damage potential was lost, and AST can bubble basically as good as they can and they have their cards to further bolster the party along with their heals.

... Something to that effect, anyway.

Our mana regen also got nerfed to hell. I was in a Susano EX party and my fellow co-healer, a WHM, had more MP than I did in spite of spamming Lucid and Aetherflow when I could. We lost a LOT of our utility and frankly I'm not entirely sure the people at SE know what to do with SCH or how it even works. If they made our bubbles better and return our mana generation along with one dot, we'd be in a pretty good spot. As it stands we're legitimately the worst healer in the game right now as opposed to having our own niche.

Hell, just make Aetherflow GOOD again. 10% mana regeneration is only /tolerable/ for dungeons, not at ilvl EX parties. SCH should not need to have Lucid Dreaming on their bar, yet without it we're hamstrung. I appreciate how proud they are of their new Role system, but we never received the balancing that both AST and WHM had in particular to their mana problems. We never HAD mana problems until this expansion.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Charity322 - 06-28-2017

That makes no sense at all. Bio and Miasma are Arcanist skills, not cross class. Why would they remove them for Scholar and not for Summoner ...

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 11:08 PM)Charity322 Wrote: That makes no sense at all. Bio and Miasma are Arcanist skills, not cross class. Why would they remove them for Scholar and not for Summoner ...

Similar skills were merged.

So Bio automatically becomes Bio II on your hotbar. SCH still has Miasma, but Miasma II is gone from SMN too.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Charity322 - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 11:19 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 11:08 PM)Charity322 Wrote: That makes no sense at all. Bio and Miasma are Arcanist skills, not cross class. Why would they remove them for Scholar and not for Summoner ...

Similar skills were merged.

So Bio automatically becomes Bio II on your hotbar. SCH still has Miasma, but Miasma II is gone from SMN too.

Ah yeah I knew that. They made it sound as if Scholars had Bio and Miasma removed totally. XD I play a Summoner and I actually find it easier not to have an extra DoT to remember to put on before you cast Bane or Fester. I never used Miasma II either.