Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - McBeefâ„¢ - 12-17-2014

Healers in cleric stance who let me die.

Go to hell!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 12-17-2014

Paladins who over-pull and die during the HG animation. HEALERS WHO CAN'T HEAL GOOD AGAINST 3500DAMAGE/S

Not that I'd know anything about that at all...

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 12-17-2014

(12-17-2014, 01:51 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Healers in cleric stance who let me die.

Go to hell!

I often get mad at myself when I THINK I click out of Cleric Stance to heal and either I missed the click or I was already out of it or SOMETHING... and then it takes me a bit to notice "ohey, my heals are really weak, what's up?" Then I PROPERLY take it off, heal the tank or whoever back up to full, and then stalwartly keep an eye on my Stance buff for the next few pulls or so. Blush

(12-17-2014, 01:54 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(12-17-2014, 01:51 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Healers in cleric stance who let me die.

Go to hell!

I often get mad at myself when I THINK I click out of Cleric Stance to heal and either I missed the click or I was already out of it or SOMETHING... and then it takes me a bit to notice "ohey, my heals are really weak, what's up?" Then I PROPERLY take it off, heal the tank or whoever back up to full, and then stalwartly keep an on on my Stance buff for the next few pulls or so. Blush

I do the same thing honestly, but it ends with them dying.

Guys, super secret technique. If you only mess up once in pug you can always go "My connection, we're having a storm here."

Works every time.

*may not work in statics

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - ProvaDiServo - 12-17-2014

Show Content

Rawr. This aint my main squeeze see me in smash/SF/MvC/TTT2/ IRL

(12-17-2014, 01:56 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote:
(12-17-2014, 01:54 PM)Gegenji Wrote:

Go to hell!

I often get mad at myself when I THINK I click out of Cleric Stance to heal and either I missed the click or I was already out of it or SOMETHING... and then it takes me a bit to notice "ohey, my heals are really weak, what's up?" Then I PROPERLY take it off, heal the tank or whoever back up to full, and then stalwartly keep an on on my Stance buff for the next few pulls or so. Blush

I do the same thing honestly, but it ends with them dying.

I have this unbreakable habit of always wanting the tank to be at 90% or higher at all times. I think I heal more than my fairy does, and I'm only slowly starting to let her get in a heal or two so I can finish putting up all my dots. Blush

I bet Selene would be posting in here about "that stupid lala scholar that won't let me heal!" And then I'd get all flustered and we'd take it to PMs, make up, and then go out for ice cream. I'm sorry, Fairy.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 12-17-2014

Oh, I remembered an actual instance of frustration.

Did Haukke NM the other night in roulette and my complimentary DPS was a black mage. A black mage who only cast blizzard. No bliz 2. No fire of any variety. Would cast thunder on bosses once and then bliz bliz bliz bliz bliz.

I don't think it was RMTbot because the name wasn't gibberish, but that wasn't even what bugged me. I tried to explain (reasonably! I know that's hard to believe) that fire spells do more damage and black mages can switch back and forth between elements to-

Nope. Blizzard 1. And they didn't help on any adds during the boss, or touch any lamps. Bliz bliz bliz bliz bliz.

Preemptive edit/disclaimer: Character was under level sync, there was no new person message (don't remember if NMs get them) and they had pinks from higher dungeons. I don't consider expecting someone to know how to play elitism, and I even understand they might have been a console player without a keyboard. Outright ignoring advice will forever make me angry.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melkire - 12-17-2014

Agreed on rotational Rockbreaker on 4+ targets. 4 is the iffy point. 5 and up, I'm like, "nah, not taking the time to DoT that".

(12-17-2014, 02:03 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: I don't consider expecting someone to know how to play elitism, and I even understand they might have been a console player without a keyboard. Outright ignoring advice will forever make me angry.

It gets even worse when they tell you to shut up and do your own job, they'll "play how they want".

*brings up Party Menu, right-clicks individual, and selects "Vote Dismiss" because I don't have time to wait around an additional 15 minutes worth of duty time because some asshole won't Flare like he's supposed to*

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Stormwind - 12-17-2014

The relic grind. All my seething hatred. I feel the bile in the pit of my stomach boiling up just writing this out. Uncontrollable, blinding hate.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 12-17-2014

NIN in strength gear.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-17-2014

(12-17-2014, 02:03 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Oh, I remembered an actual instance of frustration.

Did Haukke NM the other night in roulette and my complimentary DPS was a black mage. A black mage who only cast blizzard. No bliz 2. No fire of any variety. Would cast thunder on bosses once and then bliz bliz bliz bliz bliz.

I don't think it was RMTbot because the name wasn't gibberish, but that wasn't even what bugged me. I tried to explain (reasonably! I know that's hard to believe) that fire spells do more damage and black mages can switch back and forth between elements to-

Nope. Blizzard 1. And they didn't help on any adds during the boss, or touch any lamps. Bliz bliz bliz bliz bliz.

Preemptive edit/disclaimer: Character was under level sync, there was no new person message (don't remember if NMs get them) and they had pinks from higher dungeons. I don't consider expecting someone to know how to play elitism, and I even understand they might have been a console player without a keyboard. Outright ignoring advice will forever make me angry.

I've had to actually explain the whole astral/umbral spellcasting thing a few times. It's a nightmare to explain and get someone to understand until they actually cast/see it themselves. I know this pain. 

...I DRed a Sastasha NM once and got a brand-new THM who prioritized sleeping the enemies before attacking. ...and would only spam thunder. After much, much, much explaining, we had her doing optimal astral-umbral rotations and her exact response was "OMG I didn't even know I could kill things this easily!"

It was amazing. 

...her LNC companion though? Couldn't figure out how mark numbers worked. Psst, buddy, you don't start with attacking the [2] mark when 1 2 and 3 are out.

(12-17-2014, 02:08 PM)Melkire Wrote: It gets even worse when they tell you to shut up and do your own job, they'll "play how they want".

*brings up Party Menu, right-clicks asshole, and selects "Vote Dismiss"*

Some Asshole Wrote:i play this game 4 fun i dont treat it like a job like u do

Show Content

Edit: stuffing my strawman properly

It depends for me. Sometimes I'm like 'Lol whatever it's just a gaem'

Other times it's monday two hours for reset and I have like 300 poetics to get.

(12-17-2014, 02:03 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Outright ignoring advice will forever make me angry.

I had a situation where I'm not sure if the guy was ignoring us or just didn't understand or... something.

Oddly enough, it was in Darkhold again (I'm sensing a pattern). I was healing and our tank absolutely refused to stand in the light of the crystal when tanking the adds. Like, he actively stood outside them. We repeatedly told him that he'd take less damage inside it, but he still avoided them like the plague.

... Even during the boss. When I realized he was just going to stand outside the light and eat all the blasts, I let him die and had the DRG tank instead.

He then... proceeded to apparently not understand he was supposed to click on the Magitek portal to move to the next area and wandered around the first part for a while as we tried to tell him what he had to do.

In the end, we vote-kicked him.

... and got him RIGHT back again and he returned to wandering the first area. So the rest of us said our goodbyes and bailed. Extremely dumb, extreme trolling, or extreme miscommunication? I still don't know.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 12-17-2014

(12-17-2014, 02:18 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(12-17-2014, 02:03 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Outright ignoring advice will forever make me angry.

I had a situation where I'm not sure if the guy was ignoring us or just didn't understand or... something.

Oddly enough, it was in Darkhold again (I'm sensing a pattern). I was healing and our tank absolutely refused to stand in the light of the crystal when tanking the adds. Like, he actively stood outside them. We repeatedly told him that he'd take less damage inside it, but he still avoided them like the plague.

... Even during the boss. When I realized he was just going to stand outside the light and eat all the blasts, I let him die and had the DRG tank instead.

He then... proceeded to apparently not understand he was supposed to click on the Magitek portal to move to the next area and wandered around the first part for a while as we tried to tell him what he had to do.

In the end, we vote-kicked him.

... and got him RIGHT back again and he returned to wandering the first area. So the rest of us said our goodbyes and bailed. Extremely dumb, extreme trolling, or extreme miscommunication? I still don't know.
Lmaooooooooo he wasn't done with you yet my friend. 

He'll be back.