Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Nebbs - 01-01-2015

(01-01-2015, 09:45 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Not to take away from I'lwe's excellent posts and their message...but I just need a quick vent moment.

Couple of days ago during myself and Z-Kitty's Random Dungeon Adventure Times, we were PUG'd with someone who has to be the most hyper of Ninja.  Total lack of respect for the pace I was setting.  I was barely edging him out in threat due to the speed of his rotations.

On the plus side, it's shown me how NOT to play Ninja in group actions once I get the class.  So, y'know...silver lining and all that. :3

I find playing all the roles Tank/heals/dps lets you appreciate the other sides of what is happening and makes your role in a group better. 
  • As a tank having to chase mobs as DPS can't play nice
  • As DPS when the tank only aggros one mob
  • As DPS when the tank keeps turning the mob around and not positioning it
  • As healer when tanks don't use CDs or people stand in stuff or think they are a tank
  • As Tank when you din't feel the healer is on top of your damage
  • etc..
Play to help the team, not to max out some individual dps score or show you can be something other than what you should be.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-01-2015

(12-31-2014, 08:46 AM)Gegenji Wrote: But yeah. Thanks to all the rules that aren't ("i before e except after c", anyone?) and special cases and such, English is rated the hardest language to learn. Learning that makes me all the more impressed with those who seek to learn to speak it. And this is from someone who at some point learned (and subsequently forgotten due to lack of use) bits of French, Spanish, Latin, and Arabic.

Not for nothin' but IIRC Polish is the hardest. English is among the top 10 hardest but not the hardest. And as someone said, that list is allegedly fairly biased against non-English native speakers (...won't get further into that pls).

Also, I feel for that 'cause would ya look at that English isn't my main language either (say word?)

Yep. Frenchie here as well. I know it's surprising to most but if you heard me speak you'd know.

All right. When someone is new to the fight...

EXPLAIN THE FIGHT
EXPLAIN THE FIGHT
EXPLAIN THE FIGHT

YOU WOULD THINK THIS OBVIOUS. APPARENTLY NOT. (also if you get nailed by an ability and someone says "stick around I'll explain to you how it works" and you say "okay" please actually DO stick around)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Xiaoli Vorgan - 01-01-2015

(12-31-2014, 08:19 AM)Ilwe Wrote: It's been long I would like to talk about those picking on others for their language and culture.

It's not because you're english native speaker that the whole world is like you.
It's not because you're english native speaker that we all write and speak as you do.
It's not because you're english native speaker that you should take any opportunity to jeer those who aren't.

You have to be TOLERANT over those who aren't english native and will spend their whole life learning YOUR language.
You have to UNDERSTAND that when a non native write a sentence, he doesn't check 150 times the vocabulary, the grammar or the structure of the sentence before pressing enter.
You have to ACCEPT that due to the learning process and different culture what comes out for you to be rude can be totaly different for the non native who just talked.

Yes, I'm looking at you who tells me that I'm aggressive / rude / whatever because my sentence isn't wrote as YOU  would have write it yourself. Guess what ? Teachers aren't teaching people about irony and aggressivity, they only teach basic way to communicate and we don't always get what it implies for you.

I'm also looking at you who uses the fact I'm not native as an argument to blurt out that everything I can say is sh*t. If you're not doing your job properly in a dungeon and makes the party wiping, I won't stop myself to tell it to you. The fact my english isn't perfect doesn't mean that I'm wrong nor justify your attitude toward me.

Just f*ck off. I'm not native, at least I try to communicate, yelling at me / blaming me / mocking me isn't trying to communicate. It's only being an a*se.

The day you'll begin to speak another language than your native one as best as we do learn and speak english, we'll talk again about all this. Maybe that day you'll notice that you were an a*se to pick on me or on my friend 'cause our english isn't perfect.
Yes dude, it's freaking easy to mock others, but at least we TRY. Now tell me which one is rude and which one is useless again ?

PS : A lot of Caps Lock and all. I think this makes me angry since long D:
I'm sorry you had to deal with some people who are like that. Some people still think the sun spins around them. Unfortunately, many people think this is the borg and that the universal language is English because it's spoken in so many places. They don't understand that there are actually people in many places who don't speak English as a first language but learned it anyway. These of course will be people who only know how to speak English and probably would never bother learning a 2nd, let alone a 3rd language.

I've seen it many times on the official forums (of any game, not to mention just plain facebook comments), people poking at people for how they relay their message. They point it out in the most douchiest way possible and think they look superior by being a grammar nazi. It's not cool. 

I'm Brazilian American, I was born in America to a Brazilian mother, who passed away when I was 3. So I did not learn the language of my mother's side, since I was raised by my father. I am the most quiet of everyone when I am around my mother's side of the family. Awkwardly so, that I may see them maybe once every few years. My brother was raised by her side, since we had different fathers so he gets to tease me about my cluelessness on Portuguese. They never offered these classes for it when I was in school. Spanish and French were all that was offered until I graduated High School. I learned the basics, and right now I am learning Portuguese, Korean and Japanese.

As much of a hard time as I am having with these languages, I think I would have had a even harder time learning English if I had not been born here. I would be jacked up. XD

Please do not let ignorant people get to you. They are not worth the patch of land they were probably accidentally birthed on. 

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ilwe'ran - 01-01-2015

(01-01-2015, 09:45 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Not to take away from I'lwe's excellent posts and their message...but I just need a quick vent moment.

It's the vent tend, it's ok. I might just make another topic one day like "How to communicate IC and OOC - a native english speaker vs non native speaker guide"

Smile

PS : Thank you all for your supportive messages ♥

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aduu Avagnar - 01-01-2015

just a general vent... mainly at the crafting system, and trying to find someone to craft an item.... damn 4* carpenters, why are they so elusive!!!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-01-2015

Saw your message - the items are 3* I think Tongue

I'm actually gunning for a self-reliant crafting experience myself so I'm hoping I'll be able to game the system enough to craft my artisans myself.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aduu Avagnar - 01-01-2015

the sandals are 4* the off hands are 3* XD (Still taking donations of Sealant for the offhand so I can get at least 1 craft 4* Wink )

someone got in touch and I am now the proud owner of some HQ Artisans Sandals.

however, now I need to get my act together and spiritbond the materia for them Sad so poor, so, so poor.

So wait...

You're supposed to get up to 4* crafting... to craft your artisans... when you need the artisans to get to 4*

Good fucking job SE.

(01-01-2015, 01:14 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: So wait...

You're supposed to get up to 4* crafting... to craft your artisans... when you need the artisans to get to 4*

Good fucking job SE.
yup!

This is so fucking stupid, I have to find a way to bust this wide open. I know that when it comes to progression they've been absolute fucking idiots in the past but this is like...

Unless you can get the required numbers for artisan crafting with full melds on left side (which is wasting materia at this point) how the fuck was this even done in the first place.

(01-01-2015, 01:36 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: This is so fucking stupid, I have to find a way to bust this wide open. I know that when it comes to progression they've been absolute fucking idiots in the past but this is like...

Unless you can get the required numbers for artisan crafting with full melds on left side (which is wasting materia at this point) how the fuck was this even done in the first place.
full melds on left, craft artisan's offhand, meld it, craft artisans gear.

also, bear in mind that you only need full melds on boots, shoes and chestpiece, glasses and echtal gloves are already open to each class.

then again, I just talk to people, and get them to do it Tongue if they are friendly I tip XD

AND ANOTHER THING.

Gatherers have a universal chestpiece, but not Crafters.

What the deuce?

(Also, Ehcatl gloves can't be melded, and neither can glasses - which is why the Ehcatl get replaced at one point Tongue)

stop abusin' sound effects pls

they ain't done anythin' to anybody

The only benefit of artisans gloves over ehcatl is 3 cp when fully melded.

(01-01-2015, 03:51 PM)Nako Wrote: The only benefit of artisans gloves over ehcatl is 3 cp when fully melded.

Yeouch. Didn't think it was that bad.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - OttoVann - 01-01-2015

Echatl gloves are terrible. CP is king