Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-01-2015

I always viewed them as a holdover until you could actually get the Artisan's Gloves yourself since they're 10 Oaknots as opposed to a fuckton of gil or mats + person to craft them.

Not all of us are rich as fuck.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 01-01-2015

(01-01-2015, 04:33 PM)OttoVann Wrote: Echatl gloves are terrible.  CP is king

Having the CP is so good when CP can make or break a stupid synth.

After 40 min of having CP food, not making sure you still have it.. the curses I've made when I break something

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aduu Avagnar - 01-01-2015

(01-01-2015, 04:33 PM)OttoVann Wrote: Echatl gloves are terrible.  CP is king
Echatl gloves were free cause sealant wasn't a thing when I got them, and currently, I don't need that 3 CP, I have no recipes where 3 CP would break it cause I need to have food.
when I get everything else materia'd up, I will most likely look at the gloves. until then, they are fantastic.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Dimona - 01-02-2015

I know I'm in the wrong for this but I'm venting anyway.....

I was late to work today. It was my own fault and I own that responsibility and that is not where my gripe lies.

Woke up early with the intent of getting my EX and Trials roulettes done before the day change. I've done this before several times, usually with time to spare. Sat in queue for Trials first - 9 minutes and did a little running around and crafting stuff while waiting. Ramuh HM where the majority of the group hadn't done it before - okay fine. The 2-3 of us that had done it explained the fight and we wiped the first time and got it the second. But that fight seems so long. One of the people that had completed it was being extremely rude at the first wipe too and just may have been in a greater hurry than I was based on some of his unkind words - but that's another vent.

After Ramuh was done I had the little angel-on-one-shoulder-devil-on-the-other debate about whether I had time for EX roulette and devil ultimately won. So I waited... and was about to cancel at the 15-minute mark and just go get ready for work when it popped. So devil won again. Sastasha HM. My least favorite of the 3 newest zones. But alright let's do this.

Tank was new. Other DPS (SMN) had never DPS'd this dungeon. Healer was a know-it-all and somewhat condescending. Pulls were slow, scorpion was easy enough even though the healer died. I bit my tongue through most of the run because I always get peeved when people rush runs, but I was regretting undertaking this with my now-diminished time limit and probably should have dropped. So of course I pressed on. People can never seem to agree how to handle the Lamias. We wiped once there. Wiped once on the Captain Madison fight right near the end. Kraken took forever but we got through it without a wipe. Total time to clear Sastasha HM was probably something like 65 minutes (best guess). Got cleaned up and dressed like a madwoman on crack and skipped breakfast and morning coffee on my way in.

I have a strong work ethic so my tardiness today was barely a thing, but I will either be rising earlier or dropping the party in the future under such circumstances.

Moral of the story - An hour before work is usually more than enough time to clear Trial and EX Roulettes, but this is never a guarantee.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 01-02-2015

I tend to do that on the opposite end. Sorta.

There's times where I want to knock an instance or something out, or wrap up an RP before going to bed. Those expected few minutes turn into something much longer and I find myself looking at the clock and going "Well, shoot, um... I guess I can function on that much sleep." More so if I haven't had my evening shower, and I end up rushing it instead of enjoying and unwinding in it.

Of course, I'm finicky about my times (if that makes sense), so this is like getting 5/6 hours as opposed to my preferred 8/9... which makes the issue seem quite a bit less of a problem by comparison. Blush

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-02-2015

(01-02-2015, 03:07 PM)Gegenji Wrote: I tend to do that on the opposite end. Sorta.

There's times where I want to knock an instance or something out, or wrap up an RP before going to bed. Those expected few minutes turn into something much longer and I find myself looking at the clock and going "Well, shoot, um... I guess I can function on that much sleep." More so if I haven't had my evening shower, and I end up rushing it instead of enjoying and unwinding in it.

Of course, I'm finicky about my times (if that makes sense), so this is like getting 5/6 hours as opposed to my preferred 8/9... which makes the issue seem quite a bit less of a problem by comparison. Blush

I'm guilty of this. So. Much.

Like last night. "Oh, it's about 9PM now, so I'll maybe be up for another hour."
>RP Happens
>Roommate walks over. "Psst. Hey, you know it's 12:30 AM, right?"
"Uh......yes?"
Roomate: "How are you even awake. Isn't your alarm set for 4 hours from now."
/sob

...but the RP was good....

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 01-02-2015

(01-02-2015, 03:12 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: ...but the RP was good....

I think that's the important part. At least, that's what I like to tell myself...

"Well, it's later than I wanted, but I had some good RP!" or "Jeez, it's late, but at least I helped x out with y."

As long as I can rationalize or make excuses for doing it, I don't feel so bad.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-02-2015

(01-02-2015, 03:17 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(01-02-2015, 03:12 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: ...but the RP was good....

I think that's the important part. At least, that's what I like to tell myself...

"Well, it's later than I wanted, but I had some good RP!" or "Jeez, it's late, but at least I helped x out with y."

As long as I can rationalize or make excuses for doing it, I don't feel so bad.

^Exactly. ...it helps that work has been so slow the managers are sending me home. ...why heat the office if I can work remote?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Xiaoli Vorgan - 01-02-2015

(01-02-2015, 02:59 PM)Dimona Wrote: I know I'm in the wrong for this but I'm venting anyway.....

I was late to work today.  It was my own fault and I own that responsibility and that is not where my gripe lies.

Moral of the story - An hour before work is usually more than enough time to clear Trial and EX Roulettes, but this is never a guarantee.

This is where you should always go by Murphy's Law. If I know I have somewhere to be, even if its a hour but I want to do something in game, I won't do it because I already know I'm going to get into a bad position lol. If I'm gonna do a run, I'm prepared for everything to not go as planned. There's too many factors to think it will be a smooth run every time. I'd rather be able to sit back and chill and try to work through it than to be wigging out and looking at the clock every 5 minutes lol. Been there before!

I also don't like to bail out on groups since I know some people might have been waiting for the pop longer than me. (I play heals).

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Dimona - 01-02-2015

(01-02-2015, 03:51 PM)Xiaoli Vorgan Wrote: This is where you should always go by Murphy's Law. If I know I have somewhere to be, even if its a hour but I want to do something in game, I won't do it because I already know I'm going to get into a bad position lol. If I'm gonna do a run, I'm prepared for everything to not go as planned. There's too many factors to think it will be a smooth run every time. I'd rather be able to sit back and chill and try to work through it than to be wigging out and looking at the clock every 5 minutes lol. Been there before!

I also don't like to bail out on groups since I know some people might have been waiting for the pop longer than me. (I play heals).
Thanks! I agree, and time-management has always been my strong suit. I have suffered through bad runs before, or really good runs that just take awhile because some people are new or inexperienced. I'm not generalizing. Today was just two painfully long back-to-back roulettes and hindsight being 20/20 I should have called it quits after Ramuh without even queueing for the other roulette. Que sera. If it's really important to me to get both done before work I will start waking up earlier.

I also agree on the other point. I was role-playing with Flora one night last week and didn't realize that it had gotten to be after 3am!! I didn't care though. Awesome RP is totally worth being a lil groggy and having to pay for extra turbo shots in my coffee the next morning!!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-02-2015

I have to admit. I'm starting to have little patience for healers who phone it in.

If you are a tank.

And you put up Low Level Roulette.

And you immediately QUIT THE GROUP if it's Sastasha NM.

I want to commit several acts of violence on your person.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Xiaoli Vorgan - 01-02-2015

(01-02-2015, 04:44 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: I have to admit. I'm starting to have little patience for healers who phone it in.

If you are a tank.

That's cause healers like me will give you cupcakes and a heartmelting smile. Smile *bounces ears*

That may be another thing I will vent on. People rage-quitting a super easy dungeon.

I bet they throw toast out if its a lil burnt, instead of just scraping it a lil.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Nebbs - 01-02-2015

(01-02-2015, 04:44 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: I have to admit. I'm starting to have little patience for healers who phone it in.

If you are a tank.

You don't need a tank for that but quitting any dungeon at the start.. you are probably best without such people.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 01-02-2015

Combo time:

1) Losing your preferred wedding date to someone else
2) Getting invited to that wedding date
3) Having that wedding get canceled because the people who claimed it missed the reservation

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-02-2015

(01-02-2015, 09:00 PM)Nebbs Wrote: You don't need a tank for that but quitting any dungeon at the start.. you are probably best without such people.

Oh, if I'm healing I don't care. I'll CNJtank any day of the week, twice on sundays.

It's irritating as DPS though.

(01-02-2015, 09:20 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Combo time:

1) Losing your preferred wedding date to someone else
2) Getting invited to that wedding date
3) Having that wedding get canceled because the people who claimed it missed the reservation
Oh good god that must suck :/