Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 01-03-2015

(01-03-2015, 03:31 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: If you have a dumbass in yellow tanking for you, he'll actually try to pull it off of you.

Sad

/comfort. You probably won't take it back once I have it. I go into Last Stand mode and try to burn it down before it kills me...

[Image: tumblr_m8krhmhy6O1qfl90zo3_250.gif]
(im terrible DD, should stick to tanking...)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ilwe'ran - 01-03-2015

(01-03-2015, 03:26 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: On the serious side, sometimes as BRD I am guilty of unintentionally ripping hate in things like ST... but mainly because Quelling Strikes just doesn't have enough negative enmity. <3 At least when I BRD tank tho I don't run all over the damn place. I stay right where I am and burn that thing down like a pro before it kills me cuz I know no sane healer is gonna heal me for my crimes against humanity.

I do that too to avoid the healers to die as it's clear that you need 3 tanks on the boss and 0 on the adds. Maybe they are comparing the size of their e-peen, hidden by the gian dragon ? What I'm sure about is their aggro is all but effective when it comes to help the healers to survive.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 01-03-2015

(01-03-2015, 03:43 PM)Ilweran Wrote: I do that too to avoid the healers to die as it's clear that you need 3 tanks on the boss and 0 on the adds. Maybe they are comparing the size of their e-peen, hidden by the gian dragon ? What I'm sure about is their aggro is all but effective when it comes to help the healers to survive.

I've had to tank and properly position multiple Squires during Labolas fight as BRD because multiple Tanks are killing themselves trying to get hate on Labolas who, during that phase reflects all damage/effects and is bound to the center of the arena and ignores hate anyways...

BECAUSE INTELLIGENCE!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-03-2015

(01-03-2015, 03:55 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: I've had to tank and properly position multiple Squires during Labolas fight as BRD because multiple Tanks are killing themselves trying to get hate on Labolas who, during that phase reflects all damage/effects and is bound to the center of the arena and ignores hate anyways...

BECAUSE INTELLIGENCE!

Oh yes, Squires.

Like, when we get to that phase I pan my cam to look behind me so I can go as soon as possible, and even then, I only tomahawk when I'm within range of him not breaking link once he rushes me as I'm positioning him.

Our squire's done, and then I see the other alliance's squire just running around like nobody can break its stride.

I facepalm terribly.

And less said about Kum Kums, the better. I still facepalm when I see tanks without top threat on Amon ignore the Kum Kum that didn't spawn in their group. What, you think the dude that's keeping Amon there is gonna go and aggro it? You should have rushed over there ya nitwit and kept it there so people who get the Miniball don't have to move and it gets mini'd instead.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 01-03-2015

Squires: Tank is not there? Healer has Aggro? Kage will BLM Bomb and manawall, hoping the healer knows it's better to have a DD get face whacked than a Healer. If Kage is SCH, Kage will face tank Squire in right spot as well while keeping herself up and fuck the tank. Because fuck the tank.

Same with all other adds. I would rather have adds on me the DD than on the healer.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-03-2015

Yo guys haven't you heard the new Halatali regular strat?

Ignore the Winches they're totally unnecessary for dungeon progression! Also ignore the two twits telling you that you need to pull them they obviously don't know what they're talking about.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Nebbs - 01-03-2015

(01-03-2015, 05:15 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: Yo guys haven't you heard the new Halatali regular strat?

Ignore the Winches they're totally unnecessary for dungeon progression! Also ignore the two twits telling you that you need to pull them they obviously don't know what they're talking about.

Tank should say, "Well any DPS what to run off and solo go now, while me and the healer bring up the rear. Or, here is a novel idea, just do it sensibly and we all win."

Seriously, crazy stunts that work 20% of the time take more time than sensible ones.

(01-03-2015, 05:34 PM)Nebbs Wrote: Tank should say, "Well any DPS what to run off and solo go now, while me and the healer bring up the rear. Or, here is a novel idea, just do it sensibly and we all win."

Seriously, crazy stunts that work 20% of the time take more time than sensible ones.

THAT WAS THE TANK.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - PkThunda - 01-03-2015

Why do people assume that I am raging at my computer when I tell them to stop doing a thing?

There was a Lala archer in Sastasha that would not stop jumping around and pulling everything, so I stopped healing them.
Here's what happened.
[Image: 9kwn4y.jpg]

He then proceeded to say I should not hate him because I am not him, as well as that I needed numbing lube for the butt hurt I was clearly suffering.

He died a second time when he refused to hit the gates at the last boss, and proceeded to just spam "REZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" in party chat.

He did not get one.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Atoli - 01-03-2015

I just tanked all of Ifrit as an Archer (only level 29) because... goodness knows what the tank was doing. Was fun at least in that it was different I guess, feel bad for the healer who had to deal with the unconventionality of it all. :S

Edit: I guess I kept this rather short and neutral when this is a vent thread after all! It was frustrating and I even asked if the tank was afk, but then looked over to see him out of MP. Guess he wasn't using enough Riot Blade to be able to use MP abilities like Flash or Provoke, but dang... was pretty frustrating until we got past nail and I was still alive because the healer was keeping me up. At that point I was like "Wellp, no point in crying now"

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 01-03-2015

P... Provoke doesn't use MP. And you shouldn't need to Flash on single target. There's a single target combo rotation you use instead.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Atoli - 01-03-2015

(01-03-2015, 07:34 PM)Gegenji Wrote: P... Provoke doesn't use MP. And you shouldn't need to Flash on single target. There's a single target combo rotation you use instead.

Dunno what he was doing then, but he was all out of MP and not tanking in the slightest. :P

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 01-03-2015

(01-03-2015, 07:46 PM)Atoline Wrote:
(01-03-2015, 07:34 PM)Gegenji Wrote: P... Provoke doesn't use MP. And you shouldn't need to Flash on single target. There's a single target combo rotation you use instead.

Dunno what he was doing then, but he was all out of MP and not tanking in the slightest. Tongue

You answered your own question. Laugh

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Jana - 01-03-2015

A lot of shitter lowbie GLDs see Riot Blade's higher damage and think it's the go-to DPS combo. To be fair, Rage of Halone is level 26 and I think story mode Ifrit is 20? But they won't be keeping aggro without the usual Fast Blade -> Savage Blade combo anyway. Some people just need to have their jobs hammered into them.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edda - 01-03-2015

(01-03-2015, 07:46 PM)Atoline Wrote:

Dunno what he was doing then, but he was all out of MP and not tanking in the slightest. Tongue
Your DPS was just TOO STRONK.