Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-03-2015

(01-03-2015, 09:11 PM)Jana Wrote: A lot of shitter lowbie GLDs see Riot Blade's higher damage and think it's the go-to DPS combo. To be fair, Rage of Halone is level 26 and I think story mode Ifrit is 20? But they won't be keeping aggro without the usual Fast Blade -> Savage Blade combo anyway. Some people just need to have their jobs hammered into them.

Yeah and IIRC you don't get a damaging AoE before Circle of Scorn.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Cato - 01-03-2015

The incorrect use of the terms 'troll' and 'elitist'. As with many words they're overused in online discussion to the point where they've lost much of their original meaning.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aduu Avagnar - 01-03-2015

not really much of a Vent, but aaaargh, coming up with a Splash Page for the Yatagahn Trading Consortium is annoying, I have writers block for the first time Sad since starting.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Steel Wolf - 01-05-2015

As I was leveling Cliaux, I dropped into a guildhest queue.

I think either our healer was attempting to troll us or he forgot he was wearing robes, because he was running about drawing in all the enemies.

Luckily, his plan failed as we all burned things down without a fall.

Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure he/she was trolling, as shortly after it was seen that the plan wasn't going to work, they decided to actually cast a heal or two. XD

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 01-05-2015

STUPID. FLYING. BURHDS. BURHDSSSSS

Why do birds in this game have to hit so freakin hard T_T

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 01-05-2015

(01-05-2015, 09:43 AM)Kage Wrote: STUPID. FLYING. BURHDS. BURHDSSSSS

Burhds - A Lalafell's natural enemy.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 01-05-2015

(01-05-2015, 10:46 AM)Sounsyy Wrote:

But... but... I hurhd that... well..

burhd is the wurhd.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 01-05-2015

Butttt... there's that hyur eating pelican in a leve near Wineport!

Also from one of the many revivednotyetburhds they like miqo'te too. And hyur. And a floral hat wearing roegadyn

(01-05-2015, 10:54 AM)Kage Wrote:

He ran out of Lalafell. /sage nod

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melodia - 01-05-2015

(01-05-2015, 10:54 AM)Kage Wrote:

Also from one of the many revivednotyetburhds they like miqo'te too. And hyur. And a floral hat wearing roegadyn
-Kills all of the burhds for Kage-

There. No more birds. Tonberry

Another generic little rage moment, if I may.

Again, it's in regards to the oddball lag and latency that seems to plague FFXIV as a whole. It's annoying enough when you're trying to teleport or change zones or anything mundane like that. It's extra annoying (and sometimes terrifying) when it happens in combat, especially in dungeons.

However, there's a special annoyance and upset that I get when it happens during RP. Quadruply so if it leads into a sudden and seemly random disconnect (though that same multiplication occurs when it's a combat scenario too, ogod. I'm gonna come back and everyone's gonna be dead...  Sad). I mean, come on! I'm trying to roleplay here, game! I'm not even doing anything graphically intensive or anything!

LEAVE ME ALONE. Angry

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Steel Wolf - 01-05-2015

(01-05-2015, 11:33 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Another generic little rage moment, if I may.

Again, it's in regards to the oddball lag and latency that seems to plague FFXIV as a whole. It's annoying enough when you're trying to teleport or change zones or anything mundane like that. It's extra annoying (and sometimes terrifying) when it happens in combat, especially in dungeons.

However, there's a special annoyance and upset that I get when it happens during RP. Quadruply so if it leads into a sudden and seemly random disconnect (though that same multiplication occurs when it's a combat scenario too, ogod. I'm gonna come back and everyone's gonna be dead...  Sad). I mean, come on! I'm trying to roleplay here, game! I'm not even doing anything graphically intensive or anything!

LEAVE ME ALONE. Angry

Motherfluffin' PREACH! It always makes me pause for a moment in panic, like "Oh crap, are they asleep? Wait...NO NO DON'T--DON'T DISCONNECT--Sh*t, lemme log on again...ARGH QUEUE!! Please, RP person/people, don't leave meeeee!! :c "

(01-05-2015, 11:37 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote:
(01-05-2015, 11:33 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Another generic little rage moment, if I may.

LEAVE ME ALONE. Angry

Motherfluffin' PREACH!  It always makes me pause for a moment in panic, like "Oh crap, are they asleep? Wait...NO NO DON'T--DON'T DISCONNECT--Sh*t, lemme log on again...ARGH QUEUE!!  Please, RP person/people, don't leave meeeee!!  :c "

Oh jeez, don't even get me started on if there's a queue! In both cases!

If I may nerd-analogy to the nth degree here... if a normal lag situation is a kaioken, and getting disconnected is a kaioken-times-four (enough to beat Vegeta, y'know!)... then hitting either the queue or that stupid "your character is still in the world" nonsense is a times-ten kaioken. FRIEZA-BEATING LEVELS OF RAGE. Frustrated

(Yes, I just turned all my frustration into a DBZ analogy. Totally not sorry.)

So, most of my rage moments are limited to ST silliness, but this morning I have a new rage:

[Image: 339c8f4d59dcfff723ef9d893836d43f999f179d...beb82d.jpg]

I've been farming the most annoying dungeons in the game over and over trying to get my drops for Zodiac... and they just won't drop! ; ; I got like the first 5 on the first or second try but after the fifth drop they just stopped entirely. So for the next 4 hours of farming Hullbreaker, Tam-Tara HM, and Aurum Vale about 6x each unsuccessfully, I called it a night.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Yangh - 01-05-2015

(01-05-2015, 11:50 AM)Sounsyy Wrote: So, most of my rage moments are limited to ST silliness, but this morning I have a new rage:

[Image: 339c8f4d59dcfff723ef9d893836d43f999f179d...beb82d.jpg]

I've been farming the most annoying dungeons in the game over and over trying to get my drops for Zodiac... and they just won't drop! ; ; I got like the first 5 on the first or second try but after the fifth drop they just stopped entirely. So for the next 4 hours of farming Hullbreaker, Tam-Tara HM, and Aurum Vale about 6x each unsuccessfully, I called it a night.

/soothe

I'm just hitting 1000 lights! Yay for being behind. :c