Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - SerialX - 01-08-2015

Not quite sure what's going on here but... I'm guessing bots. And I hate bots. Especially ones that get in my way.

[Image: x2VZ9vo.png]

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 01-08-2015

All you Big Fishers out there will understand this one.

Last night was Shoni weather. I caught HQ Cloud Cutter right at weather change and an HQ Mahar very first pull of Blizzards, but lost the Shoni with 409G. Didn't catch another HQ Cloud Cutter the entire rest of the window, until... 15 in game minutes before window close and weather change I caught another Cloud Cutter HQ... then miraculously an HQ Mahar right at weather change... cast it out and didn't breathe for like a solid minute. Shoni bit... and got away.

/cries for six weeks.

Also on the macro topic, I tend to avoid macros all together for abilities. Macros sometimes get weird delays if you don't mash them, and it became a problem with Provoke not going off when I needed it to so I just went back to manually pressing all abilities.

But as Warren wonderfully explained, there's a 1 second hidden GCD on all off-GCD abilities so you can't insta-cast a million abilities at once. Depending on your Skill Speed you can usually weave 2 off-GCD abilities in between your GCD action skills without penalty. If you are slow to press them or lag, using 2 abilities may set your next skill back an extra second, which is not fun.

Two abilities is usually safe though on my WAR since I have 0 skill speed, but on BRD (which unfortunately has a little SKS) I have to be careful to time my weaves perfectly.

Show Content

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Dogberry - 01-08-2015

I've been feeling this for a while, and I just need to get this off my chest.

I am so sick of doing the same things over and over every day. Log in. Check my plants. Check my retainers for gil from my auctions. Queue up for roullette. Oh look, Snowcloak again. Oh, I need more Poetics, OK. Queue up for a trial. Titan HM. Again. Do my dailies. Do my hunts. Oh, my alt needs a piece of gear. Time for Baby Brayflox. Again.

I honestly feel bad for my little digital avatar dudes. If they were real people, they'd be living in a Groundhog's Day style nightmare where every day is the same.

I like to RP and ruin Coil. That's pretty much where the joy in this game comes from. And yet I spend so much of my time in this game not doing those things. Just day after day of the same stuff. The repetition is driving me mad.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Berrod Armstrong - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 12:56 PM)Dogberry Wrote: I've been feeling this for a while, and I just need to get this off my chest.

I am so sick of doing the same things over and over every day. Log in. Check my plants. Check my retainers for gil from my auctions. Queue up for roullette. Oh look, Snowcloak again. Oh, I need more Poetics, OK. Queue up for a trial. Titan HM. Again. Do my dailies. Do my hunts. Oh, my alt needs a piece of gear. Time for Baby Brayflox. Again.

I honestly feel bad for my little digital avatar dudes. If they were real people, they'd be living in a Groundhog's Day style nightmare where every day is the same.

I like to RP and ruin Coil. That's pretty much where the joy in this game comes from. And yet I spend so much of my time in this game not doing those things. Just day after day of the same stuff. The repetition is driving me mad.
Grab friends and do it with them! Get on voice maybe, have some banter while you slug through stuff. Even in party chat, if voice isn't an option! Experiment with your rotations, your cooldowns, whatever you can do! Go through different in-character scenarios in your head...I do all that and some more when it comes to the daily stuff, and before I know it -- IT'S PATCH TIME.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 01-08-2015

I know that feeling. I feel the drive less and less to cap poetics with each passing week.

Would you believe I used to run ALL the Roulettes on Gogon to ensure caps? That includes Story Roulette. I've managed to trim it down to just Expert and Trial (with Guildhest and Low-Level for leveling the two non-50 combat classes, which will fade out as soon as that's done). And even then I sort of... phase out when I do them. I even find myself having trouble doing the Beast Tribe dailies on both characters.

It's all that MMO repetition. I think that's why I enjoy the RP so much, and why I find Chachan more fun than Gogon. Gogon is log on, do roulettes, complete any of the x0/x5 class quests when I hit them, and all that humdrum. With Chachan, I'm in a much more active location - roulettes can be done with FC-mates and friends, where we can rush and joke and goof off... and I can always just say "Nah, I just wanna RP today."

Which makes me extra Sad when I want to RP and everyone's busy with raids or Zodiac grinding or something.

It's at that point I just usually goof off in LS and FC chat while I mindless craft stuff.

... Or wander around as Ser Hemoth and add more to my growing pile of creep shots.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 01-08-2015

^ Honestly, this is why I rejoice when my FC mates go "anyone down for T9 farm?" and I'm not running FCOB myself or about to go to sleep. People ask me "why are you running t9?" It's fun with us. I mean it's not fun wiping to mechanics like the divebombs because the one who really knows it isn't in the group and I'm a scrub divebomb marker. But oh man clutch saves in t9! "oh shit, we killed the other two golems and this one has 3 rocks... there's STILL A FUCKING METEOR GAIZ" Kill it just as it becomes a super golem. 3rd heavensfall because of lazi dps? oops. Nael takes out her claws during 2nd heavensfall because of dps who wanted to smack her in the face? oops. 1 tank 1 blm 1 whm to bring back the whole party in elementals? Fucking fun as well. Way to break up the monotony of the game -and- running T9.

It breaks the monotony of my days where if I'm done with my roulettes I just go to sleep because I'm past the point where I'm not interested in walk up Quicksand RP (that's only a maybe).

Hit me up if you wanna run a dungeon or something.

I'll let you know if I'm busy. Hell the only times I turn down a roulette queue with a friend is with low levels because stupid roulette -_-.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Telluride - 01-08-2015

I'm having a day where I feel the need to vent, apparently. So, here goes, and apologies if these have shown up earlier (I only read as far back a page seven Tongue )

May Bahamut drop his leavings upon...

- The Manderville as the universal Troll Tool. Yes, I AM looking at certain people, and a couple of entire guilds, apparently, who think it great fun to pop the game's most annoying dance (an opinion I will hold and will never, never, never, never yield, and I am not listening to you Hildibrand fans, nyah) and occupy good RP places with it... and then AFK for hours. It's gotten to where I even see people I like doing the dance, just for fun, and want to punch them for it anyway, like trauma flashbacks.

- For that matter, constant unsolicited guild invites from guilds I KNOW are filled with RP trolls. Grrr. New alts, new blacklists, every time.

- AND for that matter... people who RP Troll in the first place on an RP server, ESPECIALLY a Legacy one. Look, nobody is on Balmung by accident - you had to wait and wait and wait for a window to be there, OR you have been on it long enough to know you're a troll, so I have no patience or sympathy for your types. When I roll on some PVP server and then spam every chat channel about Griefers, then you can retort... and that ain't happening.

- Having finished 50 Monk, finally, AFTER Ninjas were added, and trying to get gear drops from ST. No Monks in the party.... wait, three Ninjas? *sigh* Go get your own Striking gear! Why didn't I go Lancer...

- Craft ingredients as loot drops in HM/EX dungeons. Good idea in Theory. In practice? "Yay, beat Fenrir, and I get... Raziqsand. Hm, I could sell it... TEN GIL? WTF?" The rarity of these things is pointless when we're all spamming duties, SE!

- To nod to the rest of the thread, people who complain about the dungeon performance of people who have announced, at the beginning, that it's their first time doing that dungeon.... and then no tips or anything get offered.

- Trying to negotiate with a party's mages when they do or don't want Mage Ballad.

*whew* Got those out of the system.

Manderville train don't stop. Can't stop. Won't stop.

Tanks who bitch in QARN story mode. Yeah. It's my BRD's low level roulette. It's also this WHM's. If you aren't going to do your job cause you're lvl 35 wearing < 30 DoW gear and not GLA/PLD gear with a i30 weapon and no fucking accessories, don't be bitching and use your fucking cool downs and Flash. Also, fuck you for having like 600 less HP than an avg tank would and bitching about not getting regen. You're getting it, I see the WHm put it on you. Start fucking flashing because you can't keep them off the WHM WHO PUT REGEN ON YOU LIKE YOU'RE BITCHING ABOUT NOT GETTING. Also, never fucking say "adapt bra" to me or your party, especially the person even remotely keeping you alive.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 02:30 PM)Kage Wrote: Manderville train don't stop. Can't stop. Won't stop.

Tanks who bitch in QARN story mode. Yeah. It's my BRD's low level roulette. It's also this WHM's. If you aren't going to do your job cause you're lvl 35 wearing < 30 DoW gear and not GLA/PLD gear with a i30 weapon and no fucking accessories, don't be bitching and use your fucking cool downs and Flash. Also, fuck you for having like 600 less HP than an avg tank would and bitching about not getting regen. You're getting it, I see the WHm put it on you. Start fucking flashing because you can't keep them off the WHM WHO PUT REGEN ON YOU LIKE YOU'RE BITCHING ABOUT NOT GETTING. Also, never fucking say "adapt bra" to me or your party, especially the person even remotely keeping you alive.

/p "Adapt to no heals... bra"
/wait 1
/enjoy tank rage quit

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melodia - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 02:53 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 02:30 PM)Kage Wrote: Manderville train don't stop. Can't stop. Won't stop.

/wait 1
/enjoy tank rage quit
*Makes the macro*

Smile

(01-08-2015, 02:53 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:

/wait 1
/enjoy tank rage quit
Sorta what happened. The whm wasn't the greatest (STOP SPAMMING CURE II AFTER DOING REGEN....) but on the second boss, the tank couldn't tank. I took aggro even after waiting a whole combo cycle! and the tank took 1 cleave and dropped to < 100HP.

Yeah.

Then a tank with their novus appeared and it was cakewalk.

Also, BRD in level sync from 43 vs DRG in level sync from 50 with a zenith? novus? one of the glowy gaybogs. BRD wins in aggro and must kite. >.> Cause loldrg deaths too

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Steel Wolf - 01-08-2015

Wow, people still actually use the term "bra" in normal speaking? O_o

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 03:05 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Wow, people still actually use the term "bra" in normal speaking?  O_o

I prefer "Broseidon, Ruler of the Brocean." Or "Brometheus." And someone else used "Rambro," which amused me.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aduu Avagnar - 01-08-2015

Doesnt the second boss on Qarn story mode drop his aggro table after a bit anyway? I have memories of where I am its target but it doing cleaves and other attacks on the other members.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 01-08-2015

Less aggro-dropping and more target-focusing. He picks someone at random for his pistol barrage and I think he swings at random for the stun prior to that. Pain in the ass when he charges down a healer standing at max-cast range for some reason.

OH. VENT POST.

Healers/casters, why do you stand sixty feet away from the enemies? If they don't cleave, there's little reason to be that far away.