Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - McBeefâ„¢ - 01-12-2015

(01-12-2015, 02:27 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Urgh, I STILL have fits over the AK and WP runs. Probably why I got annoyed/bored of PLD.

Also why I desperately want my Soldiery gear so I can be rid of that Darklight shit. >.<

Wait you still wear darklight? Don't get rid of it.

Donate it to a museum.

Also give me the claw hands *rawr*

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - TheLastCandle - 01-12-2015

I always liked the DRG Darklight gear.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 01-12-2015

Turn in for grand company seals.

Buy hardened sap.

Sell for about 9k each.

Profit. (seriously, I've made millions of gil just because of it. Just don't flood the market like a dumbass)

Also do merc runs.
Have fun challenging self.
Profit.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Telluride - 01-12-2015

(01-12-2015, 02:27 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Urgh, I STILL have fits over the AK and WP runs. Probably why I got annoyed/bored of PLD.

Also why I desperately want my Soldiery gear so I can be rid of that Darklight shit. >.<

My tank alt played GLD up to 26, and I stopped because... well, it was boring.

And AV... -shudder- I finally tanked it for the first time with said tank alt. No wipes, although the only reason we didn't wipe on Coincounter (I missed a stun attempt at a bad moment...) was that the two DPS were, well awesome (and friends of mine, so I didn't have to pug the thing) and managed to take him down from about 13% after I and the healer got smacked.

I'll add to the vent an admission, which will probably make me a target for others' vents: I'm glad my main is ranged DPS, because that made it a lot easier to learn these instances that I am gradually having to tank.

And a moment of Captain Obvious - FFXIV is very, very cruel to tanks in terms of learning curve. In TOR, I could tank like a bawss on my Bounty Hunter and Juggernaut, never had a problem, but tanking in FFXIV... scares me, in comparison. I have nothing but respect for good tanks in this game...

...unless you're an arrogant arse about it, and if so, go get stuffed with a morbul and cactaur suppository.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - TheLastCandle - 01-12-2015

I've done Aurum Vale so many times now, mostly due to always being the guy who volunteers when people need it. When Frontlines first came out, so many of my friends were switching Grand Companies I must have done two dozen runs that week alone.

There are two instances I utterly DESPISE tanking for randoms: Castrum and Praetorium. It's gotten to the point where I refuse to queue as tank for Main Scenario, gil bonus or no.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Steel Wolf - 01-12-2015

(01-12-2015, 02:34 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Wait you still wear darklight? Don't get rid of it.

Donate it to a museum.

Dude, I'd hand them over in a heartbeat....but they can be turned in for monies? Hell, I'm sitting on 50k GCSeals RIGHT MEOW.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melkire - 01-12-2015

(01-12-2015, 03:02 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote:
(01-12-2015, 02:34 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Wait you still wear darklight? Don't get rid of it.

Donate it to a museum.

Dude, I'd hand them over in a heartbeat....but they can be turned in for monies?  Hell, I'm sitting on 50k GCSeals RIGHT MEOW.

See Kage's post above you. You can buy crafting materials from the GCs with your seals, then sell the mats on the marketboard.

I honestly wouldn't turn in or discard my Darklight gear. They're not so easy to acquire as they once were, and many of them make for nice vanity/glamour/roleplay pieces.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Steel Wolf - 01-12-2015

(01-12-2015, 03:06 PM)Melkire Wrote: See Kage's post above you. You can buy crafting materials from the GCs with your seals, then sell the mats on the marketboard.

I honestly wouldn't turn in or discard my Darklight gear. They're not so easy to acquire as they once were, and many of them make for nice vanity/glamour/roleplay pieces.

....that'll be your opinion, as the tanky Darklight gear is the horrible looking full body suit/flanchard combo. XD

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melkire - 01-12-2015

(01-12-2015, 03:10 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote:
(01-12-2015, 03:06 PM)Melkire Wrote: See Kage's post above you. You can buy crafting materials from the GCs with your seals, then sell the mats on the marketboard.

....that'll be your opinion, as the tanky Darklight gear is the horrible looking full body suit/flanchard combo.  XD

The tin can is the exception that proves the rule. =P

None of the darklight gear interests me honestly.

I'VE GOT A VENT.

HOW ABOUT... WHEN I PENTAMELDED BOTH HQ KIRIMU COAT AND HQ KIRIMU BRAIS FOR A FRIEND IN MY FC AFTER GIVING HER THE COAT AND A FEW CRIT IV IN IT ALREADY. 5 CRIT IV MATERIA WENT KABLOOEY. When I blew up the Crit IIIs, I blew up about 8. Bought enough for about 15 total and get the 5th one in -_- ALSO 34% crit in T9. DAMN YOU 600 DPS IN PHASE 1 DAMN YOU!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 01-12-2015

(01-12-2015, 03:16 PM)Kage Wrote: HOW ABOUT... WHEN I PENTAMELDED BOTH HQ KIRIMU COAT AND HQ KIRIMU BRAIS FOR A FRIEND IN MY FC AFTER GIVING HER THE COAT AND A FEW CRIT IV IN IT ALREADY. 5 CRIT IV MATERIA WENT KABLOOEY. When I blew up the Crit IIIs, I blew up about 8. Bought enough for about 15 total and get the 5th one in -_-  ALSO 34% crit in T9. DAMN YOU 600 DPS IN PHASE 1 DAMN YOU!

I... I've only melded stuff when one of the crafting quests requires it. All my ARM gear is unmelded. Blush

One of my gear has like CP+3 overmelded over cap xD; I wasn't paying attention to whether or not the melds had failed xD;

But oh god the RNG in Pentamelding DoW/DoM stuff. T_T It's worse than crafter or gatherer gear!

AT LEAST I DON'T HAVE TO MELD 41 CRITICAL HIT ON SOMETHING. WHICH MEANS 4 CRIT iV AND 1 CRIT III T+T

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 01-12-2015

Here's my vent for the day:

Being 1400 soldiery away from Zodiac weapon and you're farming Prae, Chimera, and Hydra for soldiery bonus AND THERE ARE NO NEW PEOPLE?!?! WUT! COME ON SE. Gimme a "New People Need Help Roulette" Plz. TY.

HEARKEN UNTO ME NUBLETS AND SCRUBLETS OF THE WORLD AND GIVE ME THYNE SOLDIERY BONUS!

(01-12-2015, 03:41 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: Here's my vent for the day:

Being 1400 soldiery away from Zodiac weapon and you're farming Prae, Chimera, and Hydra for soldiery bonus AND THERE ARE NO NEW PEOPLE?!?! WUT! COME ON SE. Gimme a "New People Need Help Roulette" Plz. TY.

HEARKEN UNTO ME NUBLETS AND SCRUBLETS OF THE WORLD AND GIVE ME THYNE SOLDIERY BONUS!
Gather up a few friends who want to farm T9 or need soldiery.

Get people T9 clears for soldiery bonus.

Profit?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melodia - 01-12-2015

(01-12-2015, 03:41 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: Here's my vent for the day:

*Drags Sounsyy off for....the soldiery bonus. Yes....the soldiery bonus.*AngelWink