Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Steel Wolf - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 09:20 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Let me pay forward, then! Though this is guesswork.

During that phase, a finger is rotating and pointing at each quadrant in a roulette. Eventually it stops, and anyone in that quadrant gets straight up murdered. Now, this is guesswork on my part, but I believe if the Hourglass is still up for that quadrant, it freezes everyone in it so they can't escape. I was in one of the quadrants at the end of the roulette at least twice with a dead Hourglass and was able to just waltz on out of it before the murder beam.

AAAH! Oh okay. I mean, it looked like bad so I kept away from whatever quadrant got pointed at, but it was still nice to get the whys and the hows. Thanks! :3

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 09:22 AM)Melodia Wrote: You shared info?

*votes dismiss*

MY ONLY FLAW IS A CARE TOO MUCH. Cry

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 01-21-2015

Now that I've done the three new dungeons, I'm already trying to plot which pulls to make one jumbo pull. Keeper of the Lake seems to be the "friendliest" of them due to the gating, though WP looks plenty easy to do if you don't mind risking murdering yourself.

I did every single pull yesterday by itself, though. I felt so patient... and so slow.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melodia - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 09:24 AM)Gegenji Wrote:
(01-21-2015, 09:22 AM)Melodia Wrote: You shared info?

*votes dismiss*

MY ONLY FLAW IS A CARE TOO MUCH. Cry
*Reports to the GM*

LOL *hugs*

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 09:23 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote:
(01-21-2015, 09:20 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Let me pay forward, then! Though this is guesswork.

During that phase, a finger is rotating and pointing at each quadrant in a roulette. Eventually it stops, and anyone in that quadrant gets straight up murdered. Now, this is guesswork on my part, but I believe if the Hourglass is still up for that quadrant, it freezes everyone in it so they can't escape. I was in one of the quadrants at the end of the roulette at least twice with a dead Hourglass and was able to just waltz on out of it before the murder beam.

AAAH!  Oh okay.  I mean, it looked like bad so I kept away from whatever quadrant got pointed at, but it was still nice to get the whys and the hows.  Thanks!  :3
I believe that the roulette stops when the last hourglass drops. So when you're on the last hourglass... BE CAREFUL

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Enteris - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 09:24 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Now that I've done the three new dungeons, I'm already trying to plot which pulls to make one jumbo pull. Keeper of the Lake seems to be the "friendliest" of them due to the gating, though WP looks plenty easy to do if you don't mind risking murdering yourself.

I did every single pull yesterday by itself, though. I felt so patient... and so slow.
I had the same feeling of slowness from my caution with the pulls as well. I haven't done Keeper yet (time constraints), but I honestly thought AK had better chain/lump pulls than WP... especially with those vines adding vulnerability to the mobs. 

WP felt like too many closed doors in the way... I dunno. Plus, the pulls with the standards... do the standards have to die to open the door, or can you just tug all the moving mobs to the end of the hall and aoe them down, thereby leaving the standards alive?

Side note: Out of the two I have run... WP is snorefest boring to me. Even Sastasha HM is more exciting, imo.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melodia - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 09:35 AM)Kage Wrote: I believe that the roulette stops when the last hourglass drops. So when you're on the last hourglass... BE CAREFUL
Silly Kage....

*Votes dismiss for sharing info*

((I swear that is the last time. I couldn't resist))

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 09:35 AM)Enteris Wrote:
(01-21-2015, 09:24 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Now that I've done the three new dungeons, I'm already trying to plot which pulls to make one jumbo pull. Keeper of the Lake seems to be the "friendliest" of them due to the gating, though WP looks plenty easy to do if you don't mind risking murdering yourself.

I had the same feeling of slowness from my caution with the pulls as well. I haven't done Keeper yet (time constraints), but I honestly thought AK had better chain/lump pulls than WP... especially with those vines adding vulnerability to the mobs. 

WP felt like too many closed doors in the way... I dunno. Plus, the pulls with the standards... do the standards have to die to open the door, or can you just tug all the moving mobs to the end of the hall and aoe them down, thereby leaving the standards alive?

Side note: Out of the two I have run... WP is snorefest boring to me. Even Sastasha HM is more exciting, imo.

I felt the exact opposite. AK felt like annoying trash (seriously, they lock that stuff into the walls!) whereas WP didn't feel like it stopped you from running and grabbing lots at once. The whipping vines in AK are a nice addition but when your shit it stuck on geometry it doesn't work so great.

You can ignore standards in WP, meaning you can sprint through that area and pull like, 10 things at once. It's pretty horrific without cooldowns, though. Like, all of them. Can still probably do two at a time and go fast.

Keeper is probably the most straight forward. There's hard walls that go down when trash is dead, and nothing to stop you from clumping trash.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Cato - 01-21-2015

I like that there's gating to stop massive pulls. Spamming AoE over and over bored me terribly back in WoW so I prefer it when I'm in a group with a cautious tank and/or healer.

(01-21-2015, 09:40 AM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(01-21-2015, 09:35 AM)Enteris Wrote:

I felt the exact opposite. AK felt like annoying trash (seriously, they lock that stuff into the walls!) whereas WP didn't feel like it stopped you from running and grabbing lots at once. The whipping vines in AK are a nice addition but when your shit it stuck on geometry it doesn't work so great.

You can ignore standards in WP, meaning you can sprint through that area and pull like, 10 things at once. It's pretty horrific without cooldowns, though. Like, all of them. Can still probably do two at a time and go fast.

Keeper is probably the most straight forward. There's hard walls that go down when trash is dead, and nothing to stop you from clumping trash.

I... I liked WP more because I got to save tonberries and the music was nice. Blush

SPEAKING of WP. Is it actually bad to kill the banners on the last boss? The tank I had said not to do it and basically just had us running around as he spread them horribly about the room (I would've moved just to the edge of the previous one so there's overlap and thus more free space). He also said to ignore the idols unless we needed space and just deal with the defense bonus.

Again, a situation where I was dealing with people who apparently knew the fights and decided to be either quiet on them or vague as freaking possible. I need to know these things for when I run through with Chachan and actually have to TANK the fights. Angry

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Cato - 01-21-2015

We ended up ignoring the banners in my group during the last boss. They boost his damage but they don't seem to stack with each other. We did kill the idols that occasionally popped up though and did our best to avoid as much of the incoming damage as possible. The doom mechanic is negated by being healed to full so an attentive healer is a must.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 01-21-2015

I had a harder time running ST last night than I did LotA.

We did have one troll trying to fubar the raid but when you have 5 other Tanks~

Someone decided to attack the allagan bomb or having the vassago too close to him buffs him. Because the first pull and I see him blowing up and I go "Why is he getting so fat so fast?" The balloons and napalms weren't going to the middle, we were blowing him up pretty fast. -I don't remember this mechanic so much!!-

Wiped on Phlegethon cause some healer facepulled and the tanks brought it to far off corner. Didn't see the pads up. I think that was my first wipe on the fight @_@

ST though... no wipes but ugh. The amount of HPS I did as SCH was SO MUCH. FUCK YOU ALL I'M A SCH. Yes I know I have a baby whm but the WHM just does Cure IIs and barely ever does the raid wide heals! D: ALSO STOP MAKING US ALL NEARLY DEAD AT THE END. Kill slimes. TANK ADDS OMFG. "Can we please stop having the healers get ganked by trash mobs and adds?"

"agreed" - says tank.

SAYS TANK WHO STAYS ON BOSS AND IS NOT GRABBING ADDS WHEN THEY AREN'T MT.

:<

(01-21-2015, 09:59 AM)Graeham Ridgefield Wrote: The doom mechanic is negated by being healed to full so an attentive healer is a must.

I found that particular bit out after the fact because the tank didn't deign to tell me and I was too busy looking at the health bars to notice the boss' little spiel about it. Sad

Lost one of the DPS to it, discovered the secret when it popped on someone I was healing and I saw it vanish after a crit Physick. No more Doom deaths after that.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 01-21-2015

I... actually don't have a vent today. (SHOCKING RIGHT)

So yesterday I ran AK, WP, WoD, and KotL twice each. Tanking each time. I'll be honest, I still don't know most of the mechanics for WoD. I think I figured most of the stuff out, but WoD is still a cluster- honestly.

Show Content

OH, I do kind of have a gripe! WTF SE! I catch all of the Big Fish to get my Ironworks Rod for my FSH and then you turn around a put in an EVEN BETTER ROD that's actually super easy to get?! Like, I already have all the mats for it, I just need more Gigant Clams - which are actually super easy to catch and have low requirements for catching them. ?????????????? So mad.

Mkay, so much for not having a vent today.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - FreelanceWizard - 01-21-2015

What we determined for WP was...

Show Content