Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 08:59 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: G'raha Tia is the most awfully-written, unbelievable fan-fiction tier snowflake character. I want him to die.

Honestly, I know that he's supposed to replace Desh but Desh wasn't that fucking annoying...

Also, Desh sacced himself (or not really in the 3D version) to keep the floating continent floating. What's G'raha done other than whine and have heterochromatic eyes?

Hate it when my computer dies while I'm writing a massive personal loredump and I end up losing everything Sad

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Cato - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 08:59 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: G'raha Tia is the most awfully-written, unbelievable fan-fiction tier snowflake character. I want him to die.

We should put him and Minfilia in a room together and refuse to ever let them out again.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Duskwright - 01-22-2015

Want to hear something really depressing and annoying? Try having being in a "Relationship" with a guy that ends up abusing you, and you have no way to talk to any of your friends because the FC youre in, has extremely toxic members always flooding the Voice Chat in which wards you away from the Voice Chat.. for Two Whole Months before working up the courage to leave said FC, then having the Guild Leaders get mad at you for leaving because they keep toxic members. /cries

There's more and more to this story, but I'm not gonna get to into it. Just.. ugh. my terrible tale. =w=;

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Spethah - 01-22-2015

Being in the situation where you want to get the Hussar and Darklight (Dragoon) set, with the Divine Wisdom head piece to boot, for RP reasons and shit happens.

1. The items never drop. 

2. The queue times for dps for me is around 20-30 minutes a time.

3. I can't find ANYONE that wants to help me get these things so I can RP.

It's frustrating me to no end that I can't just get a group and get this over and done with because it's old crappy dungeons and no one wants that.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Atoli - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 04:42 AM)Ralyon Wrote: Being in the situation where you want to get the Hussar and Darklight (Dragoon) set, with the Divine Wisdom head piece to boot, for RP reasons and shit happens.

1. The items never drop. 

It's frustrating me to no end that I can't just get a group and get this over and done with because it's old crappy dungeons and no one wants that.

Actually, I have a 50 WHM I can help you on! Only problem is I'm generally quite busy on weekends, but if you catch me online and not occupied (Atoli Taira) I can totally help drag you through queues!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Steel Wolf - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 06:30 AM)Atoline Wrote:
(01-22-2015, 04:42 AM)Ralyon Wrote: Being in the situation where you want to get the Hussar and Darklight (Dragoon) set, with the Divine Wisdom head piece to boot, for RP reasons and shit happens.

1. The items never drop. 

Actually, I have a 50 WHM I can help you on! Only problem is I'm generally quite busy on weekends, but if you catch me online and not occupied (Atoli Taira) I can totally help drag you through queues!

I'm not really clear on where these items drop, but if you need a tanker count me in!

Minor gripe here...and more a personal problem than anything with people I've played with...but I hate that I'm only a couple hundred tomes away from my next bit of Soldiery kit and I'm just TOO TIRED to do just TWO MEASLY LITTLE RUNS! OMG IT'S JUST A LOW ROULETTE AND A WOD RUN PLEASE BODY LET ME DO EEEET!! ><

...I at least did have enough Poetics to buy a new belt though. :3 But STILL!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Steel Wolf - 01-22-2015

*double post because my work internet is crap*

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-22-2015

Okay, so. New patch, people run new dungeons and don't know the mechanics - That's fine, whatever, so long as we're all on the same page I can eat a repair bill or two or a thousand.

However, sometimes, you just wanna bill expanses to arguably the most infuriating healer alive.

First off, he complains that everyone is new to the instance. In Day 2.

Second, he complains that I'm not doing big enough pulls. In a blind run.

Third, when I oblige him, he's too busy doing over 9000 Holy to actually, y'know, HEAL ME when we have a BLM so he's not the only source of AoE. Oh, and he's Holying out of Cleric Stance when you can turn that shit off off GCD.

Fourth, we get to the first fight "uh I forget his mechanics"

Fifth, we get to the second fight "uh I forget his mechanics guess they're not important" (Also, shoutouts to the BLM and NIN who walked through the correct totem twice without realizing they got a damage up, even after I called it out in chat, and then proceeded to ignore EVERY. SINGLE. DAMAGE. BUFF.)

Sixth, we get to the last boss, SOMEHOW, and our healer smoking some of that dank somnus FINALLY REMEMBERS A MECHANIC. "Oh, he's got a doom mechanic." Yes, and? We have like, 3 different Doom mechanics in the game prior to this patch. "you have to tank him out of standards" ok, but idols give him a tethered buff, what are you going to do about it. Nothing? Oh, how fucking swell.

We did not deserve that WPHM kill, and the best part? I GOT ALL OF JACK AND SHIT FOR THIS DUNGEON! EVEN THOUGH I NEVER ROLLED ANYTHING UNDER 70.

Fortunately I then helped out with a Stone Vigil story, which I'm kind of grateful that people didn't complain about my WHMing since I don't do that nearly enough.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melodia - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 04:37 AM)Duskwright Wrote: Want to hear something really depressing and annoying? Try having being in a "Relationship" with a guy that ends up abusing you, and you have no way to talk to any of your friends because the FC youre in, has extremely toxic members always flooding the Voice Chat in which wards you away from the Voice Chat.. for Two Whole Months before working up the courage to leave said FC, then having the Guild Leaders get mad at you for leaving because they keep toxic members. /cries

There's more and more to this story, but I'm not gonna get to into it. Just.. ugh. my terrible tale. =w=;
*hugs* Sad

(01-22-2015, 08:50 AM)Melodia Wrote:
(01-22-2015, 04:37 AM)Duskwright Wrote: Want to hear something really depressing and annoying? Try having being in a "Relationship" with a guy that ends up abusing you, and you have no way to talk to any of your friends because the FC youre in, has extremely toxic members always flooding the Voice Chat in which wards you away from the Voice Chat.. for Two Whole Months before working up the courage to leave said FC, then having the Guild Leaders get mad at you for leaving because they keep toxic members. /cries

*hugs* Sad

*joins Mel in the huggy pile* :c

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-22-2015

SCREENSHOT FORM VENT.

[Image: lhJagjN.png]

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Enteris - 01-22-2015

This has been mentioned before iirc, but...

Those bards that think Shield Lob is sufficient threat to be able to just go ape shit on the mob as I'm still moving to grab the second (and sometimes third) group for the AoE fun....

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Cato - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 09:59 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: SCREENSHOT FORM VENT.

[Image: lhJagjN.png]

Ah, the ever deceptive timers...how I loathe thee!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - FreelanceWizard - 01-22-2015

Curse you, SE. Means aren't helpful without variance!

*shakes fist*

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 10:54 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: Curse you, SE. Means aren't helpful without variance!

*shakes fist*

+/- 3 hours