Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 02-06-2015

I'm just super sour about crafting and raiding and everything on this game right now.

It's not even burnout, I'm just too stupid to make cash while crafting and too bad at the game to actually do anything of worth.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ririla Rila - 02-07-2015

Bots... ... ... That is all.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Dasair - 02-07-2015

I just have to be aggravatingly pissed at being a level 50 DPS class waiting for 45 minute queues with laggy internet to, quite literally, have JUST switched to a different class ONLY to turn in a quest for exp.. which has an unskippable cutscene that takes forever RIGHT AS THE QUEUE POPS.

Literally. Right after clicking the npc. And then there's no way to get out of it, and just be clicking through the laggy scene furiously only to watch as the time runs out for the queue with the scene still not done.

UGH.

Godamnit. Here's to another hour wasted waiting.

I really wish the game would like. Just switch you to the class / gear-set you signed up to the queue for automatically if you accept the duty, instead of making you switch classes manually. I mean, that's the only way you can accept the duty in the first place. It would solve absolutely all of these problems.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kou - 02-12-2015

If Squeenix could VERY KINDLY MAYBE FIX THEIR SERVERS ONE OF THESE DAYS SO THAT THE ENTIRE PACIFIC COAST DOESN'T GET SHAT ON AT PEAK TIME, WHICH IS EVERY TIME NOW, that would be great.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 02-12-2015

An aside to that Flash convo:

Overpower > Flash even if they generate the exact same enmity (which they won't, because Overpower can crit and Flash cannot).

Flash and Overpower are both finite in their ability to be spammed, but Overpower does damage. If you keep both classes supported with Resource+ (MP via Ballad for Paladin, TP via Goad or Paeon for Warrior) the Warrior pulls out ahead regardless due to the damage portion. A warrior doesn't do an unreasonable amount of damage which will always be greater than paladin's 0DPS when spamming Flash.

Ahem. Hey, Immortal Flames. Let's you and me talk for a minute.

Can we get our shit together in PVP? I know, I know. The Adders pre-made is mopping up kills via coordinated targeting and entire parties of black mages. I know, I've been on the receiving side of it! Running around stunning mages, then 10 simultaneous Fire3s land on me. It sucks.

...could we NOT run one at a time into their maws, then? Maybe instead of marching like lemmings one by one into their death machine we could try fighting Maelstrom? Regardless of what you want to believe, a determined mish-mash of people "Focusing black mages" won't stop a coordinated pre-made.

Oh, and for all of you stupid motherfuckers getting into 8v8v8 Secure and doing "base defense." Please stop. We only need one person to sit on the flag because overextending in 8man means lost bases. And if you're a paladin doing "base defense" could you at LEAST put on a fucking Oath?

I'm tired of being the highest-damaging player on my team in 8v8v8 as a paladin doing back-captures. What the fuck is everyone doing at mid if I manage to out-DPS the DPS?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Stormwind - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 09:24 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Ahem. Hey, Immortal Flames. Let's you and me talk for a minute.

Can we get our shit together in PVP? I know, I know. The Adders pre-made is mopping up kills via coordinated targeting and entire parties of black mages. I know, I've been on the receiving side of it! Running around stunning mages, then 10 simultaneous Fire3s land on me. It sucks.

...could we NOT run one at a time into their maws, then? Maybe instead of marching like lemmings one by one into their death machine we could try fighting Maelstrom? Regardless of what you want to believe, a determined mish-mash of people "Focusing black mages" won't stop a coordinated pre-made.

I'll do you one better and pull the Maelstrom into this conversation. Maelstrom, guys, look. We get that our relationship has been...antagonistic...from a pvp situation. It was just us and the Adders weren't even a conversation in the room, and it was fun. It was a good rivalry. Unfortunately, if anyone has a chance of winning other then the Adders, would you kindly stop jumping on us with the Adders. All the black mages in their group can't stop us if we work together to overpower them. Just, a thought.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Berrod Armstrong - 02-12-2015

To that tank on Midgardsormr who kept playing spin-the-dragon far more than it was necessary to dodge the AoEs. I was trying to play along and keep up, but we can't click the damn garlean shield thing if you keep POINTING DRAGON ATTACKS AT US. 

It's cool that you left and called us scrubs. I mean, we only one-shot it with the next tank. THANK YOU HERO TANK, FOR TURNING THE DRAGONS ONLY WHEN NECESSARY, AND LEADING IT AWAY FROM US WHILE WE DOWNED THE ADD AND CLICKED THE THING.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Desu Nee - 02-12-2015

Thanks healer on Dzamael Darkhold for quitting in the beginning of the dungeon because your friend was on, and having to make me be the makeshift healer until the Twelve had the mercy to find a healer before at the gate's boss. I am a fucking BLM you know how bad my heal is?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - g0ne - 02-12-2015

Hmm...

... ...

Hmmm...

... .....

Why can't I think of anything?! I'm trying to think of something to vent about, but it feels likes finding a needle in a football field!! Dazed

Nope, I got nothing. T-T

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Desu Nee - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 09:58 AM)Eleni Wrote: ...

Hmm...

... ...

Hmmm...

... .....

Why can't I think of anything?! I'm trying to think of something to vent about, but it feels likes finding a needle in a football field!! Dazed

Nope, I got nothing. T-T
Vent your lack of situations to vent

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - g0ne - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 10:04 AM)Desu Nee Wrote:
(02-12-2015, 09:58 AM)Eleni Wrote: ...

Hmm...

... ...

Hmmm...

... .....

Nope, I got nothing. T-T
Vent your lack of situations to vent

Why didn't I think of that? Surprise

I don't have anything to vent about!! Why do I not have anything to vent about?! Frustrated

My phone is about to die. I've been charging it so much for a week and it still won't go above 50%. Dazed

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 02-12-2015

It's a bit of a personal nitpick, but I get kinda irritated by the folks who take their sweet time joining the rest of the group at the gate to the next boss. Maybe it's because I'm doing a bunch of WoD runs this week in search of one particular piece (tank chest drop plz), but there always seems to be one or two people either chilling at the entrance to the dungeon for a good couple minutes before catching up (or being kicked) or hanging around either in the previous boss arena or the path towards the next boss (until finally catching up or being kicked).

Also, it may have just been a bad connection, but I could've sworn I saw someone who disconnected at the start of a fight, popped back in at the very end of it to get loot... and then disconnected again. I may have just been on edge, though. But if that is something people actual DO? Hoo boy.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 10:42 AM)Gegenji Wrote: It's a bit of a personal nitpick, but I get kinda irritated by the folks who take their sweet time joining the rest of the group at the gate to the next boss. Maybe it's because I'm doing a bunch of WoD runs this week in search of one particular piece (tank chest drop plz), but there always seems to be one or two people either chilling at the entrance to the dungeon for a good couple minutes before catching up (or being kicked) or hanging around either in the previous boss arena or the path towards the next boss (until finally catching up or being kicked).

Also, it may have just been a bad connection, but I could've sworn I saw someone who disconnected at the start of a fight, popped back in at the very end of it to get loot... and then disconnected again. I may have just been on edge, though. But if that is something people actual DO? Hoo boy.

People DC after not getting/getting loot all the time. Bard body drops from the 5-headed gleeok dragon and if you've ever wondered why, post boss, bards drop? That's why. If they're courteous they just drop. If they're pricks they "DC" and wait for you to kick them so they can reflag.

Happens all the time in CT2, as well. I can't count the number of times people have skipped trash by never moving after a boss, and some other overzealous tank pulls the group anyway. I've got a habit of checking lower floors to make sure I don't have lazy healers or DPS just waiting and hoping to be lost in the mix.

I know it's easy content, but fuck you, it's easy content.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 10:49 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: People DC after not getting/getting loot all the time. Bard body drops from the 5-headed gleeok dragon and if you've ever wondered why, post boss, bards drop? That's why. If they're courteous they just drop. If they're pricks they "DC" and wait for you to kick them so they can reflag.

Oh, I've seen people just leave the raid when the drop they want doesn't... well... drop. And, while it's annoying, I can kinda get it - I mean, I'd be tempted to do it too if the piece I want wasn't off Cloud herself, especially after the third or fourth run that day with no success. Obnoxious, but I can kinda get it.

But simply DCing after (or, in the case of my example, DURING to possibly avoid even having to participate) and forcing the rest of us to try and kick you with all the restrictions in place? Oh, can't kick yet it hasn't been long enough since start. Oop, can't kick, we're in combat. Welp, can't kick until everyone's rolled on the loot. That's goddamn frustrating.

Especially when you get more than one of these pricks, since you have a "kick cooldown timer" for whatever reason.

(02-12-2015, 11:04 AM)Gegenji Wrote: But simply DCing after (or, in the case of my example, DURING to possibly avoid even having to participate) and forcing the rest of us to try and kick you with all the restrictions in place? Oh, can't kick yet it hasn't been long enough since start. Oop, can't kick, we're in combat. Welp, can't kick until everyone's rolled on the loot. That's goddamn frustrating.

Especially when you get more than one of these pricks, since you have a "kick cooldown timer" for whatever reason.

The five-minute wait is the dumbest thing. If anything, it encourages assholes to be assholes and disruptive for 5 minutes to get other people to quit so they can leave scot-free. I've had too many tanks get into a run they didn't want, /sit and openly challenge the party to go without him or kick him.

More asinine is that kicking someone doesn't penalize them. But then... I can see the OF forum posts now: "I got kicked by elitists and now can't flag, something something toxic something something canceled account"