Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 03-04-2015

(03-04-2015, 05:01 PM)Kage Wrote: I know, because a lot of Zeta farmers still run into Trials roulette and can't tell upside from down because a few people are underleveled and hence not meeting a decent percentage on Garuda.

The amount of awareness people have for the people in their party is very low.

We're discussing apples and oranges here. Trial roulette is trial roulette. People spamming a lights fight for maximum efficiency I'm going to hold to a higher standard. If you're i120+ you had better know what you're doing. Naturally that all goes out the window when there's truly random people joining.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 03-04-2015

If you think that Light/Mahatama/whathaveyou farmers are not spamming the duty finder and ending up with roulettes, you've been out of it. I've met many, many of them doing it and doing it poorly in duty finder. People get tired of waiting on people to fill their PFs and just hit duty finder. I've met the same group several times in one day because I get bored and hit Trials Roulette. People running for their Zodiac weapon or in i120+ now don't mean squat when all they have to do is grind it out.

A bard with Yoichi Bow may still tell people that there's a fucking 50% dps loss for playing Foe Requiem. And be serious about it.

Honestly? The fact is that the main thing for Zodiac that you need is patience, luck and more patience to grind it out. Skill isn't necessary for it. Nor are the Rowena token items or the carboncoat/twine -now-.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 03-04-2015

I swear. I got out of the WORST Keeper run. I'm pretty sure I tanked almost as much as I healed.

Tank would continually run ahead, Dragoon would stand in AoE, SMN was lagging. I was the only one LEFT STANDING on the second boss, and managed to pull a recovery that kept a wipe from happening. Spamming heals until I was dry on the last boss because all three would stand in everything.

... And I get ONE commendation out of it. ONE.

You're welcome for me carrying your terrible asses all the way through the instance. Jerkoffs.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ha'uruh Nunh - 03-04-2015

(03-04-2015, 05:35 PM)Kage Wrote: If you think that Light/Mahatama/whathaveyou farmers are not spamming the duty finder and ending up with roulettes, you've been out of it. I've met many, many of them doing it and doing it poorly in duty finder. People get tired of waiting on people to fill their PFs and just hit duty finder. I've met the same group several times in one day because I get bored and hit Trials Roulette. People running for their Zodiac weapon or in i120+ now don't mean squat when all they have to do is grind it out.

A bard with Yoichi Bow may still tell people that there's a fucking 50% dps loss for playing Foe Requiem. And be serious about it.

Honestly? The fact is that the main thing for Zodiac that you need is patience, luck and more patience to grind it out. Skill isn't necessary for it. Nor are the Rowena token items or the carboncoat/twine -now-.

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I just finished my Zeta the other day, in roulette, and I can assure you I am not "out of it".

I also didn't assert you needed skill for a Zodiac, but my personal expectations from someone who has logged that many hours into the game is to not suck at 2.0 encounters. Perhaps that is hopelessly elitist of me.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 03-04-2015

(03-04-2015, 05:35 PM)Kage Wrote: If you think that Light/Mahatama/whathaveyou farmers are not spamming the duty finder and ending up with roulettes, you've been out of it. I've met many, many of them doing it and doing it poorly in duty finder. People get tired of waiting on people to fill their PFs and just hit duty finder. I've met the same group several times in one day because I get bored and hit Trials Roulette. People running for their Zodiac weapon or in i120+ now don't mean squat when all they have to do is grind it out.

Agreed, but I reserve the right as someone who thinks he knows what the fuck to verbally eviscerate those who are at a certain "level" and don't actually know what the fuck.

Tank entitlement. It's in the TOS, look it up. Section 13, passage 37.

I had a PLD with novus yesterday for WPHM pull multiple mobs. I decided to BLM for the longer queue time to give me time to eat xD; Anyway, he sees he has a whm, blm, and drg. So yay multiple groups go!

And can't keep hate. Off me. Never using any dps buffs and using quelling strikes on CD. What happens? Tank loses hate to mere Fire IIs and definitely most hate on Flare. I stopped using Flare on the first 2 pulls. He definitely loses hate if I single target. Instead of doing the reasonable thing and pulling less so he ensures that he doesn't pull agro... he keeps pulling multiple groups and keeps getting me killed.  /sigh
Also, a drg that never gets the damage up buff and doesn't help killing adds and does piss poor damage otherwise while at it.

WHM got my commendation that day.

My point was really: Some Zeta farming DPS suck and when they suck some Zeta farming tanks don't have the situational awareness to see that they should be taking hate off the healers because otherwise some shit ain't being healed. Healers not healing period is another point all together and wasn't the one I was really addressing as I've acknowledged that there are shitty healers and they're being shitty.

We get these types in the Zeta farms/trial spams and they're most likely the same people going "Lol this be CT1" when they keep trying to get themselves and everyone else killed.
Edit: I should say yes they are because the two tanks in my last LotA run were in all poetics gear with a zodiac weapon. And that was the exact attitude they exhibited.

Not sure if subtle jab at my situational awareness or not. Erring on the side of no because I don't suspect you'd come at my neck like that.

(03-04-2015, 07:14 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Not sure if subtle jab at my situational awareness or not. Erring on the side of no because I don't suspect you'd come at my neck like that.
Nope not at you. Just a very large amount of the tanks I see.

Tanks that accuse me of using "provoke every 30 seconds" because I keep taking hate off of them immediately get my hackles up.

Maybe you're just not as leet as you though, chief. Please tell the i125 zeta paladin he needs to provoke to pull threat off of your noct-wearing ass. Spoilers: Wearing a mix of allagan and gloam accessories won't make your threat spike.

Bomb

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Khoure - 03-04-2015

When you don't want to go after those optional adds but one dps is so insistent that they actually pull the mob so you have to rescue their ass. When it comes to optional mobs, I always assume the tank gets priority decision on whether or not to take them, unless they are majority outvoted on something.

Alternatively, when someone who is not the tank decides it would be a fantastic idea to pull the boss. I'm looking at you, Toto-rak. Don't know why, but that dungeon specifically seems the worst for me when it comes to bad party members.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 03-04-2015

(03-04-2015, 09:03 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Tanks that accuse me of using "provoke every 30 seconds" because I keep taking hate off of them immediately get my hackles up.

This is always my favorite. When in ST I get a lot "Cute voke prick" and then I just pop my Provoke afterwards... like, really I'm an i126 dps WAR with 620 STR. Your noct accessory ass is cute.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 03-05-2015

the epeen in this thread too stronk. I was about to complain about dumbasses that have cleared FCoB still falling for shitty WoD mechanics and bitchin' about classes the don't play but guess I'm not leet enough for this thread anymore because I don't have a Zeta and I'm still on regular lights.

In short, fuck everyone, fuck this server, fuck this game, fuck everything.

Honestly starting to think some of you are instigating whenever you run content.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 03-05-2015

(03-05-2015, 12:04 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: the epeen in this thread too stronk. I was about to complain about dumbasses that have cleared FCoB still falling for shitty WoD mechanics and bitchin' about classes the don't play but guess I'm not leet enough for this thread anymore because I don't have a Zeta and I'm still on regular lights.

In short, fuck everyone, fuck this server, fuck this game, fuck everything.

Honestly starting to think some of you are instigating whenever you run content.

...the whole point of the thread is to post things that frustrate you when doing content with PUGs. Your gear has nothing to do with it, unless you're accusing someone better geared than you of needing provoke to tank because you're too leet.

Seriously, get over yourself. It's a grousing place.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 03-05-2015

Sorry, it was just piling onto the frustration from my last WoD run. This guy I'm complaining about WASN'T actually a pug, but rather someone who joined from a new addition to the FC I'm currently with who was just incredibly annoying. I figure I'd just gear check them and they were essentially the kind of people who should know better than to die to fucking Mortal Gaze, but sadly, do not.

Oh, and ranting about the tanks not taking Cloud of Darkness aggro when you facepulled... ugh.

Consolation prize? Newborn Star and the Puff of Darkness. I don't even know why I do WoD at all these days - my gear is on par with what drops in there for tanks, and I've not seen a monk piece drop ever. I'd greed caster gear but that'd waste the roll considering casters are easily found in there.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 03-05-2015

We can add WoD drops to the list on the whole, really. Too many pieces, too few bosses. It's not fun. Not to mention that the bosses, while not hard, still take a while to whittle down.

Semi-related, I've had a terrible headache for hours and it's making me more grumpy than usual.