Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 03-09-2015

On the other hand I've met bad fcob PUGs and before the nerf/DF, scob pugs.

And then you help LS mates who are new, get them a T12 clear and then the new tanks and new sch get further than your own static in T13.

I might be slightly bitter.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 03-09-2015

People who improperly gear their job in dungeon/trial/raid content.
(PVP gear in PVE. NIN wearing STR. Healers wearing INT. Spiritbonding and your DPS really shows it...)

[Image: tumblr_mhxf4sRuAg1rk7oy2o1_500.gif]

But Sounsyy what gear lvl / what PVP gear are they wearing? What with the increases in secondary stats I thought some of the PVP gear actually -helped- some just starting to gear out.?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 03-09-2015

(03-09-2015, 12:54 PM)Kage Wrote: But Sounsyy what gear lvl / what PVP gear are they wearing? What with the increases in secondary stats I thought some of the PVP gear actually -helped- some just starting to gear out.?

Like Warwolf stuff. Sometimes I see people come in in the i100 PVP gear. Don't think I've ever seen anyone PVE in the i110 stuff (yet). But yeah... Warwolf seems to be very popular PVE gear on Hyp for some reason. ><

(03-09-2015, 01:04 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(03-09-2015, 12:54 PM)Kage Wrote: But Sounsyy what gear lvl / what PVP gear are they wearing? What with the increases in secondary stats I thought some of the PVP gear actually -helped- some just starting to gear out.?

Like Warwolf stuff. Sometimes I see people come in in the i100 PVP gear. Don't think I've ever seen anyone PVE in the i110 stuff (yet). But yeah... Warwolf seems to be very popular PVE gear on Hyp for some reason. ><
I forgot what the number crunches were but I thought that some PVP gear were actually on-par with PVE

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 03-09-2015

(03-09-2015, 12:52 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: People who improperly gear their job in dungeon/trial/raid content.
(PVP gear in PVE. NIN wearing STR. Healers wearing INT. Spiritbonding and your DPS really shows it...)

[Image: tumblr_mhxf4sRuAg1rk7oy2o1_500.gif]

That gif is my life. There is a reason I like crafting. (On a side note, please people. Let me make you HQ i90 armor if you're a fresh 50. Friends don't let friends wear AF into HM primals)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kurt S. - 03-11-2015

Sometimes when you're surrounded by dumbasses who fail to realize that they're in a Normal Mode dungeon and expect you to oh I dunno pop Hallowed Ground after the dps pulls huge and Shield Oath at the start and keep pestering you for it......Also expecting Level 50 grade tanking from someone who is relatively fresh to the PLD tanking scene. 

Like what...oh you're here for your books and you want a speed run huh? Does Nah look like she can handle 4 mob groups at any given time simulatenously? Yes? Oh so someone decked in largely level 30 gear and only has access to Sword Oath on top of a lazy healer who insists Eos(I think) is more than enough to heal me, can tank 4 mob groups simulatenously? Sure, 3 I can handle after I pop my oh wait...I don't have berserk to pair with Bloodbath and I can't lolcure worth shit. Foresight and Rampart only takes me so far and you won't even lay off the mobs when I'm clearly OOM and can't flash between GCDs. My RoH can only compete with your damage for so long....

Hey I want to stop farming Brayflox too but I won't until either Nah hits 40 or I get a complete Cavalry set. I will not wear the damned Beer Can Armor.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Tyndles - 03-12-2015

I'm going to vent on behalf of my group, because man was I off my game and I want to share for some reason.  (I might be drunk, I dunno.)

Someone was recruiting for Titan EX tonight, and I sent then a tell.  "Hey, I've never finished it, but I've gotten him to 15% before."  They accept and bring me into the group and we're off!

I immediately die by falling off the cliff in phase two like twice in a row.  I was looking really bad, and felt really bad.  It was just one of those days where I was really, really not with it.  I did get it together and we get to the super bomb phase and for some reason I just couldn't target the bomb the tank marked.  I kept clicking on people and couldn't get the LB off and we died and I felt bad again.

I kinda laughed at myself, but I could tell the tanks and healer were getting frustrated a bit.  We DID get the kill, and I was alive at the end with like 7 minutes left.  But yeah, I was just not at my best, and if they post here I bet they'd tell the story, so I'm beating them to it!  Yeah!  (Plus this helps me feel better about it somehow)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Enteris - 03-14-2015

Garuda Hard. Farming zeta "lights".

Right as the little force field around us drops, a bard goes balls to the wall on dps and pulls Garuda, followed soon by the ninja and another bard.

I decide that I'm not even going to bother picking up threat. I sit back by the healers for a few seconds before finally stepping in and doing my riot blade combo. The other tank doesn't seem to keen on tanking either.

We wipe.

Next attempt, the same thing happens.

[7:54](NINJA) ...
[7:54]Garuda: Heehee HAHA hahaha HEEHEE haha HEEEEEE!!!
[7:54](BARD) would on of the tank please tank
[7:55]Countless feathers rain from the sky.
[7:55](BARD) one of
[7:55](Other tank) I was thinking mr geared
[7:55](Other tank) but apparently he doesn't wanna
[7:55](Raandal Bennett) I was thinking the dps that want to pull.

I dunno... maybe I'm an ass for thinking dps can wait maybe two or three seconds before firing off their spells, just to let the tank even move from the starting point of the trial and even come close to getting in range of shield lob/tomahawk.

Perhaps I'm alone in this thought, though. However, I did get a commendation... so maybe not.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Liandri - 03-14-2015

(03-14-2015, 09:00 AM)Enteris Wrote: Garuda Hard. Farming zeta "lights".

Right as the little force field around us drops, a bard goes balls to the wall on dps and pulls Garuda, followed soon by the ninja and another bard.

I decide that I'm not even going to bother picking up threat. I sit back by the healers for a few seconds before finally stepping in and doing my riot blade combo. The other tank doesn't seem to keen on tanking either.

We wipe.

I dunno... maybe I'm an ass for thinking dps can wait maybe two or three seconds before firing off their spells, just to let the tank even move from the starting point of the trial and even come close to getting in range of shield lob/tomahawk.

Perhaps I'm alone in this thought, though. However, I did get a commendation... so maybe not.

Not alone in that at all. You pull it, you tank it. Aside from accidental pulls, that doesn't count.

It's genuinely something that's put me off tanking before, especially when they have the audacity to blame the tanks in the first place.
+1 Commendation!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kou - 03-15-2015

(03-14-2015, 09:23 AM)Liandri Wrote:
(03-14-2015, 09:00 AM)Enteris Wrote: Garuda Hard. Farming zeta "lights".

We wipe.

Not alone in that at all. You pull it, you tank it. Aside from accidental pulls, that doesn't count.

It's genuinely something that's put me off tanking before, especially when they have the audacity to blame the tanks in the first place.
+1 Commendation!
^ This.

As a Healer, I have definitely let DPS die for pulling. I will not go down with you because you're an impatient twat, and unless that tank is actively fighting their damnest to control the fight, I'm not gonna stress myself out. I've got enough on my mind, and I play games to relax.

As a Tank, I have definitely made zero effort to fight for agro. You pull it, you tank it. (Unless it's one of those accidental "ohshit, forgot not to stand there" moments, which I've totally done as a DPS sowwietanks ). I am kinda glad I'm not the only one with that attitude, though. Heh! <3

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 03-15-2015

Been trying to log in with one person in que for thirty minutes. 

What is this?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Nebbs - 03-15-2015

(03-15-2015, 07:05 AM)Aaron Wrote: Been trying to log in with one person in que for thirty minutes. 

What is this?

I had this a few time. 

Changing datacentres and back seemed to work, but then didn't next time I got it. I restarted the game and that seemed to work also.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 03-15-2015

Yeah I got in! Thanks!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kurt S. - 03-15-2015

*Wait 90++ minutes in queue for westwind on Nah(i75 PLD) for MSQ*

*Get annoyed that one minute we're full on dps but lacking a healer, the next we're full on healers but lacking one dps*

*Duty finally popped nearing the 100 minute mark.* 

*Local ISP decides its funny to simple die on me.*

*Can Naht reconnect.*

*Kinda wanna hit a motherfucker with another motherfucker into a whole pack of motherfuckers.*

*Goes to sleep right now.*

#puglyfe
#2df4u

Edit: Ah phones...oversizing everything. At least I got to RP with mister Frostheart up there that was a nice way bring out Nah's unflustered side.