Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Eva - 03-16-2015

(03-16-2015, 04:15 PM)Kage Wrote:
(03-16-2015, 04:12 PM)Eva Wrote: Some turd in one of my last WoD runs kept removing the A,B,C markers during Cloud of Darkness fight too...  I saw them disappear and started putting them back up a few times and... they kept disappearing.

Buncha savages in those runs half the time....  Frustrated
When it hits that point, I go "OMG WHERE ARE THERE NO PEOPLE?" and I run into that. As a healer, I don't need to heal anyone in that specific moment and really, no one should be getting stun/silenced. Just make sure that not all 24 people go to the same cloud.

Yes, yes.  This is exactly what I did but it was less about "zomg how do we handle this?" and more like "wtf why would anyone do that in the first place?"  Huh

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 03-16-2015

Queued in progress into WoD. Apparently the previous tank had abandoned ship after realizing as C tank he'd have to MT Cerberus and didn't want to? Anyways, go in, MT Cerb, clear, success, no problem! Was all like, well this is gonna be an easy Gift of the Arch Magus complete...

Then Cloud of Darkness happened.

IDK what it is about the Primal datacenter, but we have the hardest time one-shotting Cloud of Darkness. I just do not understand why people ignore the mechanics at this point. Anyone who's queued up on Hyp for WoD knows wiping to Cloud of Darkness is a definite thing that happens.

I wasn't gonna MT Cloud, but no one else was running in, so I did. The fight goes well until about 30% when second cloud suction phase starts happening. It's usually at this point where someone lets a meteor go through, critically damaging the party, and then the subsequent let through of 5+ clouds because F IT LETS JUST STAY ON THE BOSS WHILE SHE'S STILL INVINCIBLE! So yeah, there was the first wipe, which may have been avoided if I had used our tank LB1, according to a DRG in our party who had not gotten of Cloud of Darkness to do any sort of mechanics. I agreed that I probably should've popped LB to try to mitigate the damage, but at the time I was not aware that that many clouds had slipped through, because unlike someone in my party, I had been fighting clouds, standing in meteors, and you know... doing mechanics.

Take 2! I use a ready check this time... cuz it's literally been 5 minutes of standing around inside the arena. Ready check shows positive so I pull. WELL apparently, a healer was in the process of dc'ing (on the gate outside) and the other healer for the same team was outside waiting on them, but had failed to mention anything of the sort in Alliance chat. So B had no healers. But again, because people were initially dealing with mechanics, everything was going great until 30% HP when yet again another meteor gets let through right before cloud phase. This time killing some folk. No fewer than 9 clouds got through, because 5 DPS and one tank, were still full-timing Cloud of Darkness. Most of A group was dead. Half of B group. C group was pretty much full on the boss. I didn't even bother to pop LB. 10+ clouds go through... it's a wipe. It was so far beyond recovery.

Which results in same DRG who had been full-timing Cloud both fights to yell at me for not popping LB. I told him to piss off and if he wanted me to do mechanics than he was going to have to too. Naturally 2 wipes on the same boss on Hyp = reset group, so half the group leaves, we get new half. Go back for Round 3, DRG consents to doing some mechanics. We win, no clouds go through. Don't even need to pop tank LB. DRG gets to use fancy melee LB. Everyone is happy, except DRG who makes a snide comment about shitty tanks not doing their job before leaving. I got my Carbontwine and a Nigh Sings for only doing 2 bosses in WoD for the week. I was happy.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 03-16-2015

(03-16-2015, 04:44 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: except DRG who makes a snide comment about shitty tanks not doing their job before leaving.
Nothing beats a shitty DRG being a lolDRG! not doing their job!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 03-23-2015

Turns out Cloud of Darkness with 16 stacks of Scrub DPS ISN'T ENOUGH TO KILL ME.

ASK ME HOW I KNOW. GO AHEAD.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 03-23-2015

(03-23-2015, 10:32 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Turns out Cloud of Darkness with 16 stacks of Scrub DPS ISN'T ENOUGH TO KILL ME.

ASK ME HOW I KNOW. GO AHEAD.

Have you been in a WoD where nobody except you stands on the meteors? ...despite entering with WoD gear equiped and no first-time-bonus message?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ilwe'ran - 03-23-2015

(03-16-2015, 04:12 PM)Eva Wrote: Some turd in one of my last WoD runs kept removing the A,B,C markers during Cloud of Darkness fight too...  I saw them disappear and started putting them back up a few times and... they kept disappearing.

Buncha savages in those runs half the time....  Frustrated

I got worse : Some people walking (yes walking) during the last boss of WOD, not healing, not damaging the boss and constantly taking off the waymark I was putting back.
Result ? 2 wipes and people still walking (yes walking) in the arena, doing nothing else than taking off those fucking waymarks.

I hate those crystal tower dungeons. Don't misunderstand me, I love the mechanics, I love how diligently the dev worked on those to make them interesting. But I hate how people troll there. Constantly. Since the launch of Laby. I don't understand the point to do so. It's a loss of time for them too after all. But still, they persist to just.. Continue to make everything possible to change those dungeons in pure hell..

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 03-23-2015

Luckily, no. I usually end up (read: always) tanking Cloud, and I try to respect my healers enough to not take extra damage on top of the 1k bleed. The run where I ate full-power Beam and lived was caused by our DPS being too leet - Immediately after the suction phase she was sub-40% and dropped lurkers on us, then threw jails up before we had a chance to clear them. Bad Breath happened, which led to a near-wipe. We had some healers try to pick us up, then meteors happened, then it was me and one overly geared scholar who kept healing me up. We went to the NEXT suction phase with just the two of us sitting and watching as she absorbed every cloud.

It felt pretty cool, admittedly, but what a waste of time to wipe.

Alliance: JUST DIE
Warren: I'M TRYING

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 03-24-2015

After a wipe to Discordance.

"Guys I can't troll if you're gonna let this happen."

I never wanted to hurl something through my monitor more than that moment.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Cato - 03-25-2015

I consider myself lucky. Most of my Labyrinth/Syrcus/WoD runs have been pretty smooth so far. I do occasionally run into an awful group though - and when that happens it's just a complete mess across the board rather than one or two innocent mistakes being made.

I just sort of shrug it off and if it becomes too frustrating I take my leave and try again later. I prefer getting locked out of the duty finder for thirty minutes to enduring thirty minutes of sticking with a group that just isn't going anywhere.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Qhora Bajihri - 03-29-2015

After having a lousy day, I thought healing a roulette would calm me down. It usually does. Keeper of the Lake, done this a hojillion times, prepared for relaxation mode. Final Witness all 130 tank has me targeted for 5 minutes before starting. O... kay?

First pull, whatever, oddly squishy, have to push healing, can't help damage. Second pull, all of the things, okay, tank stands in all the AoEs at the same time and tanks with her butt so no parrying autoattacks. Six lustrates in sequence can't keep up with the damage. I... What just happened?

We raise, tank runs off, aetherflow's still on cooldown from my just having chewed through it. I swiftcast the fairy. Tank pulls all the things, stands in all the bad, I have no time to cast a thing, I let the DPS go down because I'm in shock, even though they were slightly tougher than the tank somehow. The tank says "we can just keep dying until the healer gets in gear."

Uhh... I laughed a completely lunatic crazy laugh, said "okay bye" and left. I've.. healed some questionable pug tanks and never had a tank take so much damage, let alone one that's actually geared out. Lousy day now so much worse. I feel like I suck and the world is full of crazies, and I better hide somewhere as deep and dark as possible. Oh FFXIV. When you're bad, you're really really bad.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - mongi291 - 03-29-2015

I hate and love Cerberus at the same time. I always end up on Party C, so I end up tanking him (A=Adds, B=Belly, C=Chains/Cerberus, right?)
I had just got WAR to 50, and someone in my FC asked if someone could help him. I accepted, and I decided to use WAR instead of PLD just to see how it would play in a raid. I am in Party C, as usual.
Everything's great... At least until Cerberus. Someone asks if we're doing the usual A=Adds, B=Belly, C=Chains/Cerberus strategy, but one of the other tanks starts bitching I can't tank because I still have Bravura Zenith (didn't really need to upgrade it at the moment, Atma has the same stats as Zenith). People in the alllance start calling me a noob (even if the rest of my gear is pretty good, a mix of Noct and Demon gear). I try to ignore them...
I don't really know what to do if I'm not main tanking Cerberus, so I ask in my party, but no answers. We go in, I try to get adds, but I end up getting killed because no one is DPSing them so I end up tanking too many Wolfsbanes at the same time. Needless to say, we wipe. And one of the healers in my group says to the alliance it's because "we have a stupid tank".
So we get back to Cerberus, people still bitching and insulting me... And I run in. Defiance, Infuriate, Unchained, Berserk, Internal Release, Tomahawk, BB combo, and Cerberus is glued to me. People (luckily) follow me in, and we clear Cerberus not only without problems, but pretty fast too. I ask in the alliance chat: "So who was the stupid tank, uh?"
And so from that day I'm known as the "Zenith Beast" or "+1 Beast" in my FC.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Spethah - 03-30-2015

Wait 1 hour 20m for T2. 

Pray for caster boots.

Wait at boss for 10m because enrage.

Pray for caster boots.

Beat ADS.

Boots drop.

Roll need.

Guy with 130 Augmented Ironworks boots gets the boots with a vastly superior roll.

Stare at your i55 boots.

Sulk.

Rinse and repeat.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Tokki - 03-30-2015

>.<; The worse groups I have are always in ST. People are just so mean to each other in ST. Of course the mean people think they are OP. T_T

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melodia - 03-30-2015

I have to say, etiquette-wise this:

Three people in a party joining up in DF for Aurum Vale to help level one of the three to 50, then leaving the dungeon as a party mid-way through once the person got to fifty with no prior warning to the fourth stranger, leaving that person to wonder what happened and having to do it all again.

That.....is the height of poor manners and gamesmanship in my opinion.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Cato - 03-30-2015

PvP queues...

Sad