Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - OverlordOutpost - 03-30-2015

I've been known to go into rages over WoD and Expert Roulette runs where I, as Scholar, top the DPS charts and Eos pulls aggro...

I don't expect much, but at least know how your bloody DPS class operates!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Xiaoli Vorgan - 03-30-2015

This one time I went to help a friend get Garuda regular done, it was myself and 2 others and we had a pug. After several wipes, I started trying to give directions on how we could do better. Each time we improved by alot until we finally beat it...

After we beat it, all 4 of us sat in a circle around one of our dead members and started chanting. We had such a awesome time with the Pug that I wanted to kidnap him. That's how I make friends, I generally put them in my purse and take them away with me but...

HE WAS FROM ANOTHER SERVER.

So we cried... and said our goodbyes and that we all hope to see each other again some day.

I hate it when the best pugs are from another server and you never see them again and moving isn't a option because you're already invested where you are be it owning a house or being in or leading your own FC. Sad

Goodbye sweet friend!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - FreelanceWizard - 03-31-2015

The other BLM in my DR Expert group killed me.

We're in AK HM, and he's struggling a bit with his DPS and avoidable damage, but everything is going okay. We get to Ferdiad, and still, everything's fine; the goo adds are dying, the other adds are dying -- all is well. Then, I get one of the Cantankerous adds on me. You know the ones: Stun, Vulnerability Up. I think, "Nah, I'll be fine."

The other BLM runs to the other side of the room, out of range.

He Transposes to Umbral Ice.

He then just sits there. Unsurprisingly, I get killed.

The second I go down, he runs in and starts DPSing the boss again.

I've never been intentionally, actively killed by another party member before.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Spethah - 03-31-2015

(03-30-2015, 01:53 PM)Septha Wrote: Wait 1 hour 20m for T2. 

Pray for caster boots.

Wait at boss for 10m because enrage.

Pray for caster boots.

Beat ADS.

Boots drop.

Roll need.

Guy with 130 Augmented Ironworks boots gets the boots with a vastly superior roll.

Stare at your i55 boots.

Sulk.

Rinse and repeat.

8/22 runs the boots drop

8/8 runs I am outrolled by people with vastly superior gear

3 of those runs someone said they'd pass but roll need.

1 of them mocked me for believing them.

2.55 is out in 4 hours and no one is going to T2 or T4 and I really want those pants and boots.

FML

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 03-31-2015

While everyone else was burning through the new 2.55 content/story, guess who was up real early saving the entirety of the 1.0 Lore Forums before they got taken down.

Only then to realize after the shutdown... that SE decided to keep their forum archive. They just shut down the rest of the lodestone features. So newspapers, GC info, old good stuff. Guess I'll have to sift through gamerescape now to find all that stuff.

On the bright side... I have the entire 1.0 lore forums on file now?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Berrod Armstrong - 03-31-2015

(03-31-2015, 11:12 AM)Sounsyy Wrote: While everyone else was burning through the new 2.55 content/story, guess who was up real early saving the entirety of the 1.0 Lore Forums before they got taken down.

Only then to realize after the shutdown... that SE decided to keep their forum archive. They just shut down the rest of the lodestone features. So newspapers, GC info, old good stuff. Guess I'll have to sift through gamerescape now to find all that stuff.

On the bright side... I have the entire 1.0 lore forums on file now?
SOUNSYY YOU UPDATED YOUR LORE FACT! 
celebration time

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Maril - 03-31-2015

The new story trial. 

*THROWS HAT ANGRILY AT GROUND*

SO FUCKING DONE OH MY GOD

We did EVERYTHING RIGHT and he STILL lacked 30% health in the end. 

*sits down and waits for a nerf* 

It sucks because for once I really want to progress the story. Im so curious. AAAAAAAAAGH.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 03-31-2015

(03-31-2015, 11:52 AM)Sastra Wrote: The new story trial. 

It sucks because for once I really want to progress the story. Im so curious. AAAAAAAAAGH.

Well, that bodes well for when I get home and try to do it.

I will have to rely on my murdertank and my murderscholar to push through, I suppose.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Spethah - 03-31-2015

The funny thing is that I managed to get it on second try because people realised that you needed to aim the dragonkiller properly. 

Cannons the adds.

Anyone not on cannons dps the boss. 

When heading towards a tower, one dps moves to top. 

When dragon is in Line of Sight for the dragonkiller, on the tower, aim at the body.

Ensue snares. 

Dps more. 

Rinse and repeat. 

If done properly you won't hit the last barrier.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Maril - 03-31-2015

(03-31-2015, 12:09 PM)Septha Wrote:

The funny thing is that I managed to get it on second try because people realised that you needed to aim the dragonkiller properly. 

Cannons the adds.

Anyone not on cannons dps the boss. 

When heading towards a tower, one dps moves to top. 

When dragon is in Line of Sight for the dragonkiller, on the tower, aim at the body.

Ensue snares. 

Dps more. 

Rinse and repeat. 

If done properly you won't hit the last barrier.

The way we did it was that we had the dragon walk over the orange spot and someone would shout fire, upon when the person in the tower would push the lever. But it only knocked 10% health off per time it hit - How exactly do you go about aiming it?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 03-31-2015

Steps of Faith is the worst instance I've ever done, in any game. It's just not fucking fun.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kishi - 04-01-2015

I'm not one to bitch a loud too much.. Though this new trial.. Frustrated.. and that about sums up my night -.-.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Spethah - 04-01-2015

I found the trial great fun, even did it another 5 times for other folk because I enjoyed it that much. 

You just have to understand that the faster you get rid of the adds with the cannons, the faster you can all dps the boss. It's literally the most fundamental of trials and is seriously key for the run to be successful. I know I make it sound so easy, but co-ordination is key. 

Also it's the uncommon time (outside of all the trials/raids I'm not fond of them in dungeons please don't hurt me) that a summoner is by far the most useful class in there due to the DoT management especially if they're only on snare duty. For summoners, please use Ifrit and not Garuda unless you like spamming place over and over and over. 

(03-31-2015, 01:10 PM)Sastra Wrote: The way we did it was that we had the dragon walk over the orange spot and someone would shout fire, upon when the person in the tower would push the lever. But it only knocked 10% health off per time it hit - How exactly do you go about aiming it?

From what I've seen from being at the tower, you need to play the waiting game to "aim" as you just said. You need to wait until the front legs are leaving the circle or are close to the outside to get the definite hit. Too easy and it's a miss, too late (and by that I mean reaaaally late) and you'll miss. There's a big window for firing, so the system is very generous.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aduu Avagnar - 04-01-2015

(04-01-2015, 03:08 AM)Septha Wrote:
(03-31-2015, 01:10 PM)Sastra Wrote: The way we did it was that we had the dragon walk over the orange spot and someone would shout fire, upon when the person in the tower would push the lever. But it only knocked 10% health off per time it hit - How exactly do you go about aiming it?

From what I've seen from being at the tower, you need to play the waiting game to "aim" as you just said. You need to wait until the front legs are leaving the circle or are close to the outside to get the definite hit. Too easy and it's a miss, too late (and by that I mean reaaaally late) and you'll miss. There's a big window for firing, so the system is very generous.
For the last two at least with the tethers, you can simply wait until they are done and then it will be in the best location.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Spethah - 04-01-2015

(04-01-2015, 03:08 AM)undefined Wrote:
(04-01-2015, 03:13 AM)Nako Wrote:
(04-01-2015, 03:08 AM)Septha Wrote:

For the last two at least with the tethers, you can simply wait until they are done and then it will be in the best location.

That's true. I forgot about that.

Edit: Derp phone is derp.