Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Hyakki - 04-09-2015

I want the MNK chest from turn 5 but the following keeps me from this:
  • I can't get a group together for a farm
  • The group disbands out after a few runs or after a tank/healer gets what they want and bails, screwing the rest of the group over (how convenient for you to have an emergency after you get your item)
  • people that offered to bring me along for a farm never follow through.
  • I lose the roll against someone who also wants it
  • I lose the roll to someone who didn't even call it

In my desperation, I was checking around for merc runs. Apparently the standard price is 1 mil per run even if I don't get the item I'm after? I don't have that kind of money and if I did I'm not blowing that much to end up broke and empty-handed because RNG fucked me over.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aldotsk - 04-10-2015

There is that one time, ...actually couple of times.

Where a tank asks for a stoneskin and then the healer doesn't give the tank stoneskin but protect - the tank decides to leave because he/she didn't get stoneskin.

And then you wait for 40 mins to get another tank.

Yeah, happened 4 times. Just not same person.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Chris Ganale - 04-21-2015

I am sick, just absolutely sick, of the utter inability to get any sort of half-decent BLM chest for Chao out of post-50 content. I've joined t2 PFs to get the Allagan chest (my ideal one) but it was my own mistake to go as MNK instead of BLM, and despite asking at the formation of the party to have caster gear that drops, the BLM that came in rolled need on both the chest and boots that dropped as soon as the chest was opened and then, when the healer checked with everyone about who wanted what, had the sheer audacity to giggle and say "oh, i already needed on it all". But again, that was my own fault for going on MNK and not BLM because I didn't think my BLM at the time could survive enrage method. Now every t2 I've pugged ever since has seemingly forgotten it has caster gear.

I run experts daily, sometimes multiple experts, sometimes specifically targeting AKHM and Keeper to get the bogatyr chest (second choice) only for both middy and stupid-ass jester boss to tell me they don't drop it anymore. Yesterday the fucking jester even fucked with me by dropping the BRD chest when I begged at the outset "please drop a bogatyr chest" without specifying BLM. Not that I could take the BRD chest anyway because I already have it and am sitting on it for BRD to get to 50 and in fact, looking today, I realize I have all of the bogatyr BRD gear except the head wtf SE.

Every week when it comes time to run the towers for carbontwine/coat/whatever I need at the time, I always run on BLM. And I always get one or more BLMs. Who always need on the fucking Crimson Vest (I'll goddamn take it as a bloody consolation prize at this point) despite hilariously outgearing me, and always fucking beat me. Ten minutes ago was the third time I've run CT in the past four days and the goddamn chest has dropped every time only to get snatched out of my hands by a fucking BLM in goddamn dreadwyrm who typically dies three or four times during the raid.

So. Now on top of the RP situation hating Chao in the one person I regularly RP with having not been on in the past three days and typically having other things to do all the time, now the game mechanically hates her in either not giving her the damn chest I want or taunting her with ones I'll take as consolation prizes only to give them to someone else.

Now that I've made an utter ass of myself and reduced what little favorable opinion of me there was, I've got an appointment to wantonly murder some hapless Covenant wastrels.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melkire - 04-21-2015

(04-21-2015, 06:40 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: I am sick, just absolutely sick, of the utter inability to get any sort of half-decent BLM chest for Chao out of post-50 content. I've joined t2 PFs to get the Allagan chest (my ideal one) but it was my own mistake to go as MNK instead of BLM, and despite asking at the formation of the party to have caster gear that drops, the BLM that came in rolled need on both the chest and boots that dropped as soon as the chest was opened and then, when the healer checked with everyone about who wanted what, had the sheer audacity to giggle and say "oh, i already needed on it all". But again, that was my own fault for going on MNK and not BLM because I didn't think my BLM at the time could survive enrage method. Now every t2 I've pugged ever since has seemingly forgotten it has caster gear.

I run experts daily, sometimes multiple experts, sometimes specifically targeting AKHM and Keeper to get the bogatyr chest (second choice) only for both middy and stupid-ass jester boss to tell me they don't drop it anymore. Yesterday the fucking jester even fucked with me by dropping the BRD chest when I begged at the outset "please drop a bogatyr chest" without specifying BLM. Not that I could take the BRD chest anyway because I already have it and am sitting on it for BRD to get to 50 and in fact, looking today, I realize I have all of the bogatyr BRD gear except the head wtf SE.

Every week when it comes time to run the towers for carbontwine/coat/whatever I need at the time, I always run on BLM. And I always get one or more BLMs. Who always need on the fucking Crimson Vest (I'll goddamn take it as a bloody consolation prize at this point) despite hilariously outgearing me, and always fucking beat me. Ten minutes ago was the third time I've run CT in the past four days and the goddamn chest has dropped every time only to get snatched out of my hands by a fucking BLM in goddamn dreadwyrm who typically dies three or four times during the raid.

So. Now on top of the RP situation hating Chao in the one person I regularly RP with having not been on in the past three days and typically having other things to do all the time, now the game mechanically hates her in either not giving her the damn chest I want or taunting her with ones I'll take as consolation prizes only to give them to someone else.

Now that I've made an utter ass of myself and reduced what little favorable opinion of me there was, I've got an appointment to wantonly murder some hapless Covenant wastrels.

My honest suggestion is to grind out soldiery as best you can and get yourself decked out in i100 gear from Revenant's Toll as soon as possible. It's a little tricky given how difficult it can be to grind tomestones without having Expert Roulette unlocked, but unless I'm mistaken Main Story Roulette and Low Level Roulette at LV 50 do give soldiery tomes (can someone in-game atm confirm this please?)

Grinding CT and Binding Coil for i80 and i90 gear generally isn't worth it, in my opinion, because you're up against seven other people who are rolling greed on it, and up to three others (if you're DPS) who are rolling Need against you. Now contrast this to soldiery farm which, once you have enough tomestones, guarantees you a piece. Some of the higher level post-50 dungeons also drop i80 gear, tokens you can trade in at Toll for i90 pieces, and i100 pieces, and for these drops you're only rolling greed against three others and Need against up to one other.

Please bear in mind that I'm running current content and am not familiar with the difficulty in gearing up enough to get into the dungeons that drop those things.

EDIT: Missed the part about roulettes. RNG can be a bitch. I feel you.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kyrio Lamansque - 04-21-2015

(04-21-2015, 06:46 PM)Melkire Wrote:
(04-21-2015, 06:40 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: I am sick, just absolutely sick, of the utter inability to get any sort of half-decent BLM chest for Chao out of post-50 content. I've joined t2 PFs to get the Allagan chest (my ideal one) but it was my own mistake to go as MNK instead of BLM, and despite asking at the formation of the party to have caster gear that drops, the BLM that came in rolled need on both the chest and boots that dropped as soon as the chest was opened and then, when the healer checked with everyone about who wanted what, had the sheer audacity to giggle and say "oh, i already needed on it all". But again, that was my own fault for going on MNK and not BLM because I didn't think my BLM at the time could survive enrage method. Now every t2 I've pugged ever since has seemingly forgotten it has caster gear.

My honest suggestion is to grind out soldiery as best you can and get yourself decked out in i100 gear from Revenant's Toll as soon as possible. It's a little tricky given how difficult it can be to grind tomestones without having Expert Roulette unlocked, but unless I'm mistaken Main Story Roulette and Low Level Roulette at LV 50 do give soldiery tomes (can someone in-game atm confirm this please?)

Grinding CT and Binding Coil for i80 and i90 gear generally isn't worth it, in my opinion, because you're up against seven other people who are rolling greed on it, and up to three others (if you're DPS) who are rolling Need against you. Now contrast this to soldiery farm which, once you have enough tomestones, guarantees you a piece. Some of the higher level post-50 dungeons also drop i80 gear, tokens you can trade in at Toll for i90 pieces, and i100 pieces, and for these drops you're only rolling greed against three others and Need against up to one other.

Please bear in mind that I'm running current content and am not familiar with the difficulty in gearing up enough to get into the dungeons that drop those things.

I noticed it earlier today. As soon as you hit 50, the roulettes give you soldery tomestones.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 04-21-2015

Last night was exasperating.
Healers that barely heal, people who don't get out of shit, healers that pull ahead of me when we have TWO NEW DPSes (and an unoptimal speedrun makeup)

why do i even play this game sometimes.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Telluride - 04-21-2015

(04-21-2015, 07:05 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: (and an unoptimal speedrun makeup)

Counter-Rant: People in DF, of ANY class, who absolutely insist on a speed-run and act like spoiled toddlers if the rest of the party might, indeed, have new players, or if they want to uncover the whole dungeon area, or who COULD perform their roles if one player wasn't charging ahead full blast without warning and yelling at anyone who doesn't keep up.

And yeah, Tanks, I love you for taking the hard role, but if you do this and you're a jerk about it, go lick Trachtoum's subligar.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Chris Ganale - 04-21-2015

(04-21-2015, 06:46 PM)Melkire Wrote: My honest suggestion is to grind out soldiery as best you can and get yourself decked out in i100 gear from Revenant's Toll as soon as possible. It's a little tricky given how difficult it can be to grind tomestones without having Expert Roulette unlocked, but unless I'm mistaken Main Story Roulette and Low Level Roulette at LV 50 do give soldiery tomes (can someone in-game atm confirm this please?)

EDIT: Missed the part about roulettes. RNG can be a bitch. I feel you.

Oh the gear itself isn't the issue. Thanks to greeding random stuff through getting her MNK up to 117 (haha, Halo joke), I had enough assorted caster gear to jump her straight to i93 as soon as she hit 50. Her actual ilvl is 109 with nothing below 100, this stuff I'm after is for glamour purposes. Guess I forgot to mention that.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 04-21-2015

(04-21-2015, 07:17 PM)Telluride Wrote: Counter-Rant: People in DF, of ANY class, who absolutely insist on a speed-run and act like spoiled toddlers if the rest of the party might, indeed, have new players, or if they want to uncover the whole dungeon area, or who COULD perform their roles if one player wasn't charging ahead full blast without warning and yelling at anyone who doesn't keep up.

And yeah, Tanks, I love you for taking the hard role, but if you do this and you're a jerk about it, go lick Trachtoum's subligar.

I also wanted to take it slow but the healer didn't understand the concept of "new".

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 04-21-2015

(04-21-2015, 07:05 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: Healers that barely heal, people who don't get out of shit
I got two WHM who did this in LotA when I was the -much- better geared tank.
i120+ compared to person in i55

But because I was also tanking I also died a while so I ended up saying "i'm not tanking anymore"

Seriously I took a 6.4k HP+ hit while not getting healed from auto attacks in Bone Dragon which I MT'd for most of the fight because someone's SCH pulled.

And then they let me die to the Vassabro. :/

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kyrio Lamansque - 04-21-2015

(04-21-2015, 07:17 PM)Telluride Wrote:
(04-21-2015, 07:05 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: (and an unoptimal speedrun makeup)

Counter-Rant: People in DF, of ANY class, who absolutely insist on a speed-run and act like spoiled toddlers if the rest of the party might, indeed, have new players, or if they want to uncover the whole dungeon area, or who COULD perform their roles if one player wasn't charging ahead full blast without warning and yelling at anyone who doesn't keep up.

I have to admit it. When I have Kyr in his WAR outfit, I can be a liiiitle bit jerky. I don't do care for speed runs but... I always have my signs up. Even though I'm typically 'Type B', as soon as I gain a modicum of control I turn into 'Type A'. 

I don't say anything until someone just does their own thing. But as soon as they do I'm like 'Follow my signs. If you attack something other than 1 while 1 is still up and you pull it off me? You're tanking it.' You don't know how many times the DPS have bitched at me because I demand people play by the Tank's rules. At least when I'm the one tanking. =B

(04-21-2015, 11:25 PM)Kyrio Lamansque Wrote: I have to admit it. When I have Kyr in his WAR outfit, I can be a liiiitle bit jerky. I don't do care for speed runs but... I always have my signs up. Even though I'm typically 'Type B', as soon as I gain a modicum of control I turn into 'Type A'. 

I don't say anything until someone just does their own thing. But as soon as they do I'm like 'Follow my signs. If you attack something other than 1 while 1 is still up and you pull it off me? You're tanking it.' You don't know how many times the DPS have bitched at me because I demand people play by the Tank's rules. At least when I'm the one tanking. =B

Pretty similar to my rule for raids and stuff. If you're an impatient BLM who drops thunder on a boss or a group before I even move, I'll let it kill you, then Voke'ahawk it.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kiera Hawkeye - 04-22-2015

This one time I was running normal Darkhold. I was DRG, first time running it. Well, so was our tank and healer. Bard wasn't. I had read up on the fight before hand, so I at least had some idea what to do. So we go, and have an extremely hard time of the dungeon. Like, I couldn't believe. The tanks pulls a bit too much than we can handle, get wiped a couple times. Bard ragequits, and thankfully a friendly BLM gets in, and helps us through it. Get to the final boss. Wipe. Wipe. Wipe. Wipe. Eventually finish with, like, 5 min left. God, what a waste. Just ended up doing it for the xp. I don't like that dungeon, even when I have good runs in it.

I'm tanking on my rp main, my DRG is on a different server, but I've done the whole "Pull before tank" thing a couple of times, and got ripped for it. As such, I've usually just waited for the tank to pull, and then just start attacking what they pull. But I've grown to really miss DPS. Tank is just a mess, but I'm doing it for rp gear. I want to get better at it, but at the same time not really. I miss just being able to kill things (why do tanks have such cool armor...)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kurt S. - 04-22-2015

My god...that moment when your tank is a retard but wait...he's a bot and you have to prove once again that in terms of tanking, Black Mage>Paladin. Unlimited sustain or party wipe. Unlimited physick for the win..it felt good but damn was it infuriating...In fact it's infuria---*pops Steel Cyclone*

Also venting this shit out of my system cuz it's been eating it at me for a while ... or not.

Show Content
Welp that was another bad run I needed to get out of my system. Halatali NM tanking as a BLM was horrible until someone from the Tavern LS joined in and tanked like a champ. That felt guud but hey there's still 8 more books which means 24 more dungeons which means 24 more chances I run into the likes of bot tanks, dps or, god forbid, healers as well as dudes like refuse to be their 'job(WHM.BLM.etc etc' in a Cutter's Cry run, Cry indeed. Ask Kellach, he was there to witness that godawful healer, I don't even wanna think about him.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 04-23-2015

Hey Ramuhnuh

[Image: StrawberryQuickBunny.jpg]

Uwee hee hee.

Anyway, enough with the Ted Woolsey Kefka laugh, I got a RNG rant and I'm gonna make it.

So as a few of you know, I'm procrastinating on getting Lights for Ragnarok because ayyyy I can get my BSM Lucis now and make it easier to do the rest of the Artisan Off-Hands I still need to do.

So, I have 20% chance of failure on getting a Rapid Synthesis, and 30/40 on a 80% chance to HQ Mummer's Daggers.

20% x 3 fails in a row.

Sad