Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 05-11-2015

(05-10-2015, 09:15 PM)Reshie Wrote: Can I say I'm tired of the lies and the bullshit? I get not liking someone. Fine. That doesn't mean you have to be hateful to them or anyone associated with them. If you don't like someone, just don't be around them. It's really not that hard. There is no reason to bad mouth and make stuff up about that person or their FC just so you can feel better about yourself. Did it ever dawn on you that you're hurting more than just the person you're pissed at? Well, did it? Or do you even give two shits? Has your childishness made you feel any fucking better? We're adults here, why is it so hard to act like that? Just because you're online and in a video game doesn't give anyone the right to be a total bitch. If you wouldn't do it in your real life, don't do it here. If you wouldn't want it done to you, don't do it to others. I'll be honest when I say I no longer have any desire to RP in this game and I'm not even the one everyone seems to have issues with. I'm just a bystander who gets to see it all... over and over and over again. I have never seen such hatred, childishness and lack of respect for others in my life and I HAVE played other MMOs. I'm appalled by this kind of behavior. It would never even cross my mind to do this to someone else so forgive me for not understanding how it's so easy for others to do this. 

Please, the next time you're upset with someone, before you do anything, think about how you would feel if it were done to you or your friends. Please don't hide behind the fact this is a video game. There are real people behind the characters... real people who just want to have a little bit of fun when they're online. You don't know what happens in their day to day life. This might be their only escape and when you pull stunts like this... it could ruin more than just their game time. So please, please, please, please think before you act.
^ this.

I know a few people that quit MMO's because of stuff like this happening. Sometimes I think people get a ego boost out of talking about other people behind their backs. As if they have nothing better to do then talk sh*t.

Words can hurt people despite some saying "It's just a game. Don't take it seriously. " and some have lower threshold than others.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 05-12-2015

People getting mad they aren't getting RP when they don't even fucking contact the people they would like to ask and instead they bitch about it in-game and say it's "ruining immersion" or that there's some type of circle jerk going on only in RPC.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 05-12-2015

Can I complain about tanks with egos? Specifically BAD tanks with egos?

Got Steps as my Trial roulette on Gogon. Had a new tank who didn't know the fight, a BLM that didn't know the fight, and a healer who didn't know the fight. That's almost half the group unfamiliar with it, and I think the DRG wasn't too familiar with it either but just didn't speak up.

The other tank is geared quite well (full poetics and such), but is also quite an asshat. I ask him to MT since the other tank is new and I want to put him and the new healer on cannons so I can heal him and he can tank the adds to be cannoned. He's snarky, and continues to be snarky while I'm trying to explain the fight to the new folk.

I make a recommendation to him to tank the adds between the boss' front legs to make it easier for the cannons to hit him. He says he wants to tank them under the boss and continues with the snark comments about knowing what to do and how it doesn't matter because we're going to end up vote abandoning anyway. Whatever, underneath is fine, we start.

He tanks the adds BEHIND the boss (and badly at that, a lot of the adds ended up attacking the cannons) the entire time, and when I call him out on it, he says it's because "it's safer." And, along with that, he just keeps railing on everyone else for failing. We wipe, start up again, someone initiates a votekick on him (possibly even himself, I dunno) and he's removed.

The new tank then pipes up and says he's going to tank the adds "like it says in his job description." Great. Fine. I explain to him what to do and the better geared tank that pops in is gracious enough to hop onto the cannon and let this guy have his way. We start.

This tank is even worse - tanking the adds basically every place BUT behind or in front of the boss. Often even being up against the wall with all the adds over on the side. When I remind him that he should be tanking them between the boss' front legs, he responds "Oh NOW you tell me." Which means he wasn't listening the two or three times I mentioned it. Another fail and he "disconnects."

The tank that had just joined bails, the new-to-the-fight healer bails, we have our "disconnected" tank... and another new-to-the-fight healer joins along with a new tank. We end up votekicking the disconnected tank and while we wait for a replacement, I talk with the new healer and ask whether they want to do heals or cannons, explaining roughly what each one is.

They want to do the easier thing, so I give her a nice detailed explanation while the new tank keeps interjecting with little one or two word statements of how the mechanics work in the basest sense. I finish giving the explanation, we have about 15 minutes left on the timer, and the second tank still hasn't popped in.

So, I apologize to the folks and set up a vote abandon. I wish them luck as it passes and I go on to get Moggle Mog as my next Trial and mow that moogle king over. I just hope the explanations I gave to the new folk helped them and they eventually got their clear.

And, if not, hopefully the changes in today's patch will make it so they do. Hopefully without having to deal with egotistical tanks.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 05-12-2015

Dear Overzealous Paladin Guy in Tamtara Low Roulette,

Like you, we all appreciate speedy runs through duty roulette. Might I point out to you, however, that a level 19 bard and a level 19 lancer have virtually no sustained AoE capability? Your desire to pull multiple packs at once by aggroing without using skills and then running for two rooms is appreciated! However, we can't actually kill them with anything resembling speed!

Sincerely,

No seriously quick nock bleeds me dry and doesn't do jack at this level

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - cuideag - 05-12-2015

Dear Bards Who Never Song Ever,

Yeah, sure, it's just WoL or Expert or whatever casual trash that isn't Final Coil or whatever (yawn!), but would it kill you to... you know. Bard? I promise you, people will notice. Things will die faster. You might even get commendations! You play a crazy fun and great class. Or you could, if you tried.

Love,
cuideag

PS. Do your songs. DO THEM.

Edit: for clarification.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 05-12-2015

I RP'd all I was home yesterday so I'm all vented out.

Actually yeah,

SQUARE ENIX HOW DARE YOU MAINTENANCE WHEN I JUST STARTED TO RP WITH ILWE

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - SunTzu7 - 05-12-2015

On the subject of DPS but Bard in particular...
Fellow DPS. With the exception of our Ninja and Monk brethren, we all have a way to cut our aggro. I know, seeing that aggro meter fill up is a measure of your Deeps and you like to have high Deeps. But the reality is that the meter is not a measure of your ePen, it's the measure of how close you are to getting your ePen cut off when a lower geared/less skilled tank loses the big scary monster because you wouldn't cut your aggro.

I promise you that your numbers are still very big even if you don't have a long bar to show them off.

This has been a paid advertisement for 'Please Quelling Strikes/Elusive Jump so you keep your face uncaved in'.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Martiallais - 05-12-2015

To all the DPS in my WoD last night who wanted to try and burn the Hydra/5 Headed Dragon instead of killing the heads during Discordance because it was down to Next-To-Nothing-%....

Fuck you, kindly. Smile Your DPS isn't that good and you didn't even Limit Break.

That said, this thread's lots of fun to read (and maybe a little terrifying) as a beginning tank. Lots to take in LOL.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Telluride - 05-13-2015

(05-12-2015, 10:06 AM)cuideag Wrote: Dear Bards,

Yeah, sure, it's just WoL or Expert or whatever casual trash that isn't Final Coil or whatever (yawn!), but would it kill you to... you know. Bard? I promise you, people will notice. Things will die faster. You might even get commendations! You play a crazy fun and great class. Or you could, if you tried.

Love,
cuideag

PS. Do your songs. DO THEM.

Rejoinder!

(NOT aimed at cuideag)

To people who DON'T play bards: Please take a few minutes to visit one of the many game resources on the web to learn how Bard songs work, which one does what, and what they entail, and then, and ONLY then, do you have any call to tell bards how to song.

Don't ask us to take a 20% DPS reduction if you don't NEED THE SONG RIGHT NOW. Some of us Bards DO watch the combat. No, if nobody in the party is low on Mana, Mage Ballad is NOT smart to play. If you have a bunch of Ninjas in the party, Army's Paeon isn't worth playing, if they're actually using Goad. If you are a DRG, I ain't got a lot that's gonna help you if you know how to use your Invigorate button.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - SunTzu7 - 05-13-2015

Yet another WoD run, and this time I get to rage at my healer first for petty reasons, then actual reasons!

Healer didn't endear themselves by beating my 95 roll on the Demon Circlet of Scouting with a 99. Then they locked themselves out of the Atomos fight. 

All's well for Cerberus, then CT syndrome claims more lives as meteors are failed and half the party does. Both healers are on minimal MP from healing MT. 'Raise me and I'll Mage's Ballad.' I said in chat.

So of course they do immediately.

Ha! No they don't. They instead wait for their cripplingly low MP to tick over, and raise all the other DPS one by one, leaving them with no MP at all and getting the MT killed. A kindly healer on another alliance got me back up.

And just to rub it in my face, both the Puff of Darkness and the Demon Breeches of Maiming drop and go to, you guessed it, that sodding healer.

I think that's comprehensively how WoD politely requests that you kindly go fuck yourself.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Nako Vesh - 05-13-2015

I know spoilers suck, but in roulettes and queues you can rarely get a group sit still long enough to explain a fight to people who declined to watch a video. If everyone was polite enough to wait, sure, I'd happily explain every tiny detail of a fight to you, but that isn't how people are. Please, please, please just watch the video/read a rundown of the fight. Cry

/rant off

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 05-19-2015

NORTHERN THANALAN - FATE GROUP
LEVEL 36 THAUMATURGE
REFUSES TO GET BLM
BECAUSE HE HASN'T DONE CLASS QUESTS.

YES THESE PEOPLE EXIST.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Cato - 05-20-2015

(05-13-2015, 05:43 PM)Nako Vesh Wrote: I know spoilers suck, but in roulettes and queues you can rarely get a group sit still long enough to explain a fight to people who declined to watch a video. If everyone was polite enough to wait, sure, I'd happily explain every tiny detail of a fight to you, but that isn't how people are. Please, please, please just watch the video/read a rundown of the fight. Cry

/rant off

To be fair videos and guides don't do a whole lot for many people. Learning styles differ significantly and some people like myself learn pretty quickly through a hands on approach rather than watching a video or hunting down a guide.

The party finder is great for people who want to create a run with no new players. Duty roulette comes with the potential for groups to be completely random with varying degrees of skill.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Martiallais - 05-22-2015

Dear High Levels Characters that Queue for Low Level Dungeons,

Don't be a dick. No one cares if your Eos can handle healing, don't go pulling ahead of the group (or the tank). Equally, no one cares about your Excalibur Zeta that you've linked.

On a similar vein, while I appreciate all the uber deeps a level 20 CNJ brings to the table, I appreciate even more saving the rollercoaster rides for amusement parks, not my health bars.

That is all,
-Z

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - ProvaDiServo - 05-22-2015

To Emotional tank in full poetics that can't handle being criticized for having a shitty survival rate in Titan EX:

Get out of my fucking queues. Stay out. You can't fucking stay in the ring, and you can't avoid landslides. And then you expect me to carry sympathy for your ass when you continue to stay in the instance and drag down the party, And cry foul on mechanics.

You have two options: Step the fuck up, or step the fuck out.

To the caster that sits in Weight: *glare*

To the other dragoon that couldn't swing it past phase 2: -Here Lies DaGoon, he jumped when he should have strafed.-

U.A.E.N.O.

*These are my thoughts when my patience has just been ran rediculously low.