Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Fox - 05-22-2015

Dear CNJ/WHM

While I appreciate making a low level heist increasingly difficulty, please do your job and actually... HEAL the tank during the run through. Also I would appreciate it if you would not sit around and have me targeted, watching me as I ACN heal and dps while you sit there doing absolutely nothing.

Thanks,

-Signed WHM main.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Orlog - 05-25-2015

(05-22-2015, 09:37 AM)Foxberry Wrote: Dear CNJ/WHM

While I appreciate making a low level heist increasingly difficulty, please do your job and actually... HEAL the tank during the run through. Also I would appreciate it if you would not sit around and have me targeted, watching me as I ACN heal and dps while you sit there doing absolutely nothing.

Thanks,

-Signed WHM main.

Had this exact thing happen last night. WHM would wait until the tank was around 10% before actually healing, spending the rest of the fight trying to add to the damage. I'm not entirely sure where this mentality is coming from? They claimed that they were saving us SO much time with it, but in reality, the tank just had to work around their bullshit to make sure the didn't end up biting it.

This actually spawned into a huge thing in the MIDDLE of a dungeon. They figured they might as well "prove a point" by just spam casting cure 1 over and over again, because they were asked several time to step of their healing. They took every hit on the chin. Didn't heal the rest of the party. Claimed this is what everyone wanted.

They were ultimately booted for wasting 20 more minutes by purposely wiping the party and arguing mid combat.

...And to add to that, this was in a level 35 dungeon.

Rolleyes

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Mountie - 05-27-2015

I have the one. The one to top them all. And so I bring to you the story of the Troll That Would Not Die. There is language. This wound is fresh.

Queued up for SV, it was still a super new dungeon to me, and I was looking to improve my game. Sure, the experience was nice, but friends had quite nearly carried me on the first run through two deaths so I was looking to prove myself in a DF group. Dungeon Pop and I get into the zone. Everyone is saying hi and acting friendly while the cutscene skips commence. Cue NIN, "I want full clear."

The tank doesn't really say anything, just starts working his way through the dungeon. Passing down the first hall, the tank skips the side rooms and heads right for that large one with several dragons. The party naturally followed... most of us anyway. That very same NIN decides instead to run into the side rooms, pull the mobs, and bring them to us for his so important full clear that no one agreed to. The tank was already tied up in three dragons, so of course we all wipe.

Now, not wanting toget everyone discouraged, I write it off as an honest mistake and warn the NIN, "Please don't pull mobs and then bring them back to the party without saying a word." And now, now the sleeping troll has begun to flutter from their deep sleep. "Fine, but next time the tank needs to just go ahead and tell me to fck myself when I ask for the full clear." Now begins a loving debate about how the tank says he is just working on a relic and just here for the clear while the NIN cries about how he is a DPS, and the Tank didn't have his long queue, and why doesn't the moronic tank know this is a leveling dungeon where apparently full clears are expected.

This goes on until we meet the frst boss. NIN is nowhere to be seen. Hasn't been since he lost the argument he was trying to have with a tank that didn't care. No, NIN is back there holding a mob and running away from it so we can't kick him. I go back, kill his mob, and boom we kick him. We're now down a healer and a DPS because the healer had enough. So what did this stupid, pathetic, waste of human flesh do? Queued up as a fking healer, and guess what he queued for? And guess who this brilliant game engine stuck him with? Surely not those people that just kicked his stupid a$$ right? Oh yeah, they sure did.

So there goes our kick, and he continues to whine and complain until I notice... everyone in the dungeon is level 50. But me. So I'm the only one who will lose experience. I don't care, I didn't come for that. But no, that wasn't good enough for ZT (abbreviating), the piece of sht. So finally the tank and the other DPS get to talking and find out they are on the same server, so they just leave to requeue leaving me with dckwad and a long wait time. Then he tries to go, "Hey man, I'm sorry bud, we can be friends. I have only done that one other time but..." No, I do not want to hear your bullsht troll, I don't. I hope you wrecked your car into a tree, and that the tree fell over on you as the car exploded and you died in a ball of fire later that day. At least, the world is a much better place now if you did.

... I'm not salty or nothing.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ha'uruh Nunh - 05-28-2015

Dear Racially Insensitive Name That I Can't Believe Hasn't Been Reported Yet:

(And the only reason I'm not naming and shaming is the unfortunate policy against it)

Yes, I know how to play Ninja.  Just because you don't want to be assed to actually fight things on the first boss of WP HM doesn't mean we're incapable of completing the dungeon.  We completed it after we kicked your ass for deliberately MPKing us once I started calling you on your shit.  "U" is also not a substitute for the word "you," and I assure you, my good sir, me not having done T13 pre-nerf doesn't make you better than me.

Smooches,

Annunu

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - SunTzu7 - 05-28-2015

AK HM is becoming that one dungeon for me if I don't tank.

So we get an i120'ish tank, with over 11k HP. And on the first pull, he grabs the two birds. I run ahead as Bard, assuming that like on every other run, he'll go on and pull the Ochu.

He does not. He stands still and holds the birds, then gets the ochu once they're dead. Okay I think, cautious tank.

I just didn't realize HOW cautious. He pulled the wolves, then the goat thing after they were dead. And he did this for every mob. Breaking up mobs into even smaller pulls. As small as possible.

I'm okay for new tanks. But at least have SOME balls. And even with these tiny pulls, with i120ish, and with a competent healer and DPS, he STILL couldn't hold my aggro. Quelling Strikes up, no buffs.

I asked at the end if this was his first run or his first run as a tank. No. No it was not.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Telluride - 05-28-2015

(05-28-2015, 03:28 PM)SunTzu7 Wrote: (snip)

I'm okay for new tanks. But at least have SOME balls. And even with these tiny pulls, with i120ish, and with a competent healer and DPS, he STILL couldn't hold my aggro. Quelling Strikes up, no buffs.

I asked at the end if this was his first run or his first run as a tank. No. No it was not.

But speaking as someone who hasn't tanked post-50 yet, would you be madder at this tank, or the one who pulled everything, did hold aggro, but still couldn't endure that much damage at once, and then kept trying to do the same thing three times in a row with the same party-wipe result?

I suppose I'd rather have a slow and cautious tank than one who wanted to fight the Crazy 88s with a hobbit wielding a spork.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Emberhair - 05-29-2015

Dear Mr Black Mage with full augmented ironworks gear, 

You seem to know the bard class well. You know I have a ballad that restores MP, bravo! Very useful for casters, I assure you. But did you know Mr Black Mage, that your ice stance rapidly restores your MP to maximum? In fact, it does it a whole lot faster than my mp song ever could! But of course, you know this. I mean, just look at your level! Look at your gear! 

So why, Mr Black Mage, have you spent this entire dungeon shouting at me to use my mp song when your mp is zero? Why have you complained that my mp regen is too slow, a mechanic completely out of my control? Why, Mr Black Mage, do you refuse to use your ice stance when the whole party is telling you to and instead opt for whacking the enemy with your stick and complaining when you cannot do a fire spell? Why, Mr Black Mage, have you demanded I owe you "Ethers 4 dis sht!" ????

For once in my life, Mr Black Mage, I REALLY hope you are a troll and you have posted your antics onto YouTube for the world to see. Because if you are not a troll, but in fact a genuine player with full augmented ironworks at level 50, the only question I pose to you is this one: "................how....?" 

Kind Regards, 

Spoony Bard

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 05-30-2015

BLM = Foe Requiem anyway.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 06-02-2015

Hello tank with almost 10k HP but would lose hate because of Sword Oath and pulling mobs away from where everyone in the entire duty center pulls them to.

I didn't comment on your standing in fire. I just decided that if you had enough health to not care about it, I did not care either.

But when you berate the DD for not Limit Breaking Midgardsomr after the 1st add, you're also revealing you being dumb ass shit. I had to ask you to move the add away from the boss because you were giving it the "Damage Reduced" buff. But I didn't really comment because you were POINTING THE MOBS AT THE PARTY THE WHOLE TIME. Even when i horribly typed it out while trying to keep the party alive. You kept pointing the mob at us. You moved the 2nd add AWAY from the boss and I said "move closer buffing him" while dealing with the fact that we were all getting sprayed because you do not know how to tank and spank. Then we died because we kept getting interrupted trying to activate the machine. Because you were trying to kill us.

Then you have the gall to say it was taking too long. When you buffed the mobs to take reduced damage. When you pointed it out, you then made it easier for me to instead of just kicking you, report you too. You demanded that we vote kick you and would not leave. You didn't want the penalty. I told you, and you laughed.

I hope you have a fun time with your small time of suspension.
Quote:[21:05][GM]Gm Axafidonx >> You're welcome. We don't like players abusing the vote kick feature just to avoid the penalty. That's not why the system is in place.
[21:05][GM]Gm Axafidonx >> And trying to kill the group with monsters is just plain mean.

By the way, no wonder you hate Keeper of the Lake because you suck at tank and spank bosses and point them in the wrong directions (LIKE AT CERULEUM TANKS)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Asmodean - 06-02-2015

Syrcus Tower.... Why is it only here I get people telling me to use Defiance despite the fact I'm at least 20 if not 30 Ilevel below the tank who is main tanking.  

Yes I am a warrior and I know my job well. Surprise, surprise.... it seem even run I had done for the past two day at least one dps seems to think I'm boarder line brain dead. I feel sad knowing Warrior are getting a real DPS stance cause these dps player are going to keep yelling at a warrior to use Defiance when it's not needed.

Sigh... I'm a 50 Warrior with a Conquerer  and a mix of LotA, ST and WoD gear. For the love a god do your job and stop complaining about a tank not in tank stance when not needed.FrustratedFrustratedFrustrated

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - BroodingFicus - 06-02-2015

Dear lvl 30 something Bard I might have 'forgotten' to heal in Copperbell, 

You deserved it. The tank asked you nicely to stop using sprint to run ahead and pull mobs. /I/ warned you after you ran into the first boss room and started the lock down timer while everyone else was still halfway down the tunnel. We should have let the spriggans eat you. We didn't but you continued to use sprint and run away before mobs were dead so that you could pull ahead of the tank. I forgot to heal you and they commended me for it. I hope there are many more forgetful healers in your future.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - mongi291 - 06-02-2015

(06-02-2015, 01:07 AM)Asmodean Wrote: Syrcus Tower.... Why is it only here I get people telling me to use Defiance despite the fact I'm at least 20 if not 30 Ilevel below the tank who is main tanking.  

Yes I am a warrior and I know my job well. Surprise, surprise.... it seem even run I had done for the past two day at least one dps seems to think I'm boarder line brain dead. I feel sad knowing Warrior are getting a real DPS stance cause these dps player are going to keep yelling at a warrior to use Defiance when it's not needed.

Sigh... I'm a 50 Warrior with a Conquerer  and a mix of LotA, ST and WoD gear. For the love a god do your job and stop complaining about a tank not in tank stance when not needed.:frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:
Oh yeah I hate when this happens. I only have tanks leveled, so I only play WAR and PLD, but when I know that I'm overgeared/the boss doesn't have an aggro table/the boss is going to be "stunned" for a while, I switch Defiance off/use Sword Oath and try to deal as much damage as possible. I rarely ever got called out on that, though.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Fox - 06-02-2015

(05-25-2015, 08:32 PM)Bea Wrote: Had this exact thing happen last night. WHM would wait until the tank was around 10% before actually healing, spending the rest of the fight trying to add to the damage. I'm not entirely sure where this mentality is coming from? They claimed that they were saving us SO much time with it, but in reality, the tank just had to work around their bullshit to make sure the didn't end up biting it.

This actually spawned into a huge thing in the MIDDLE of a dungeon. They figured they might as well "prove a point" by just spam casting cure 1 over and over again, because they were asked several time to step of their healing. They took every hit on the chin. Didn't heal the rest of the party. Claimed this is what everyone wanted.

They were ultimately booted for wasting 20 more minutes by purposely wiping the party and arguing mid combat.

...And to add to that, this was in a level 35 dungeon.

Rolleyes

That royally sucks. I don't understand where it comes from either. I'm still scratching my head on it.

Aaaannnd unrelated I've got a new one! This time on tanking.

Dear obnoxious THM with equally obnoxious 'god-tier' name,

As a new tin-can tank, in which I informed you upon entering Copperbell, I do not appreciate the fact that you purposefully try to rip the hate off of me in an attempt to force me to work 10x harder and possibly getting my other members killed. Not only does it endanger the rest of the group, me spamming flash five times in a row and utilizing shield lob countless times- frankly sucks because you want to run your MP into the ground...

Further; you refused to attack the bombs and would target everything you aren't supposed to even though it was informed to kill bombs first. And when you did target the bombs you again attempted to rip hate to troll people. Finally when you do realize the bomb is getting to blow you train it away from the tank and then get the healer wiped as well as the tank.

You then raegquit when we're near the final boss after getting two members blown up. Note, we had no problems with any of the bosses, and everything aside from your asshattery, had everything running very clean and quick.

Enjoy your re-queue DPS.

Sincerely,

-Tin-can Foxberry-tank

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 06-02-2015

(06-02-2015, 01:07 AM)Asmodean Wrote: Syrcus Tower.... Why is it only here I get people telling me to use Defiance despite the fact I'm at least 20 if not 30 Ilevel below the tank who is main tanking.  

Sigh... I'm a 50 Warrior with a Conquerer  and a mix of LotA, ST and WoD gear. For the love a god do your job and stop complaining about a tank not in tank stance when not needed.FrustratedFrustratedFrustrated

that's probably my fault.

I tended to run with Defiance on in these instances just in case the other tanks aren't up to snuff (or their healers aren't) so I can more smoothly transition to the tank role if needed.

(also I'll often let people with less ilevel main tank so they can get the experience)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Addison - 06-03-2015

I've had generally good luck with PUGs but the last two I had made my eyes roll.

Had a player yell at me for CCing. He said my job isn't to CC but to heal. Said if he saw me casting anything but Cure, I'd be kicked.

And no. No one was dying because I was casting repose on adds instead if curing. In fact, it was a flawless run.

I continued to Repose anyway.

I might be new to the game, but I'm not a complete idiot. Thanks.

Signed,
An 8 year FFXI WHM veteran