Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - McBeefâ„¢ - 06-30-2015

I haven't had too bad of luck with healers, though that all changes on Bismarck.

I feel like healers have a lot less leeway for error than they used to, and can't just blast out giant heals. In one group the WHM was very pleased to be 3rd in DPS.

The only problem was that we kept wiping due to dead tanks. Sad

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Enla - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 10:57 AM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: I haven't had too bad of luck with healers, though that all changes on Bismarck.

I feel like healers have a lot less leeway for error than they used to, and can't just blast out giant heals. In one group the WHM was very pleased to be 3rd in DPS.

The only problem was that we kept wiping due to dead tanks. Sad

I've only done Bismarck HM, but the thought of DPSing in that fight just makes me cringe. I had to be very careful with my MP, and even then I was frequently running with a near empty tank trying to keep everyone up. Mind it was my first time and in pretty 'meh' gear, so the next time I try it I doubt that'll be an issue.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - RiniKett - 06-30-2015

My biggest pet peeve right now is on the Curator...Is it really so hard to avoid the blinking red mines? Do you have to stand in the blue light? If you must, watch the mana bar drop. : (

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 06-30-2015

Anyone who gets repeatedly killed in Bismarck HM to mini-Landslide.
You get nailed once and thrown over if you're unlucky, but you should LEARN from that and avoid the large cone!

Poor ranged deeps tho Sad

"I NEVER HAD IT THIS HARD HEALING THIS INSTANCE" (Fractal Continuum btw)

so i herd u talkin' shit

please do not be passive-aggressive when talking shit. this is the type of behavior that leads to people looking for blame, rather than solutions to a problem.

for example, instead of saying the above, you could have said : "why are you getting torn apart from regular tanking you piece of shit tank" then i could have answered "yeah i'm STR specced and trying to get more gear from this"

alternately you could have also asked why the blm kept dyin' to not dodging, but that's neither here nor there.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Fox - 07-02-2015

Dear RPers who are quite hypocritical,

Do not spam abilities and non-custom emotes constantly in taverns. You don't like it, you complain about it, so why are you doing it? You folks think it's fun to do it to others, even if they're OOC? That's seriously not cool. It's loud and obnoxious, you know better.

-Signed.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 07-02-2015

Two fun ones from me today!

First off, if you're a fresh 60 healer who's still in a mishmash of 56-58 greens and 58 HQ gear? Please don't try to DPS in the level 60 dungeon and play chicken with my life total. Chachan has only so many tank cooldowns he can blow, and having to (try to, thanks HG for not actually being "instant") use Hallowed Ground every time it's off cool-down because you're in Cleric Stance is not cool.

Also, other members of the group? This is a matter of the healer being terribad. I'm not entirely sure why you kicked me from the group for it, but I hope the rest of your run was just as terrible. My new group was awesome - even if I didn't get any tank drops again (which is a nitpick with the game itself - I swear, the game does not want Chachan to have level 60 tank gear).

Second!

Dear DRG. I know people are iffy about DRK tanks, but it's not a good sign when the first thing I see on Judge when hitting the level 52 dungeon is you exclaiming "Oh god, a DRK. I hope you know how to tank!" Nor is pestering me about putting Grit on when I put it on at the start of the run.

Also, I'm all for helping new people on their first time in a dungeon. However, the proper response to someone telling you that their character is new to the dungeon but the player isn't IS NOT "Yeah right" and getting snippy when I pull the boss as you continue to try to explain to me a boss I already know. Nor is countering proof of it with "Well, it's good you watched a video."

Also also. New tank or no, a tank will NEVER need you to run ahead and pull things. Let alone the entire room after the first boss. The reason we died was because you decided to bring more enemies than I felt comfortable handling - not because I wasn't "using my cool-downs, buddy." In fact, my cool-downs BEING on cool-down was why I was forced to try DRK's terrible "panic button" for the first time.

And DRG? Of course a level adjusted WHM in greens is going to be better geared and have more HP than a fresh 52 tank in a mish-mash of 50 HW HQ gear and a couple tome 50 blues. I bet their defense values are still lower than mine, so no - they shouldn't be tanking instead of me. And, after all that delightful banter you've thrown my way, I hope you're not too surprised when I vote-kicked you.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - LadyRochester - 07-02-2015

(06-08-2015, 08:48 PM)Aaron Wrote: Dear people who use PF,

I don't understand why you do it or who the hell would do this in the first place. But having a PF up that says "IC Pedophile looking for lalafell." Is not only fucked up no matter how you look at it. But it is also leads people to think you need to be put in a mental hospital irl. Like seriously,  what. the. fuck.

I haven't logged on for the rest of the entire day because of this. That seriously creeper me the fuck out.

I shoulda screenshotted it but I was too busy unplugging my PlayStation and getting the fuck off the internet.

(06-08-2015, 09:10 PM)Kage Wrote: There's also that stuff about eating lalafell and I'm just. What the ever living fuck. No thank you. I don't want to see that shit in PF.

How to have fun:

1. Make a Lallafel alt.
2. Put "ageplay" in your search info
3. Wait for creeps to approach you icly.
4. Spam "STRANGER DANGER" in /say and emotes if they try anything.
5. ????
6. Profit.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 07:56 AM)Gegenji Wrote: (which is a nitpick with the game itself - I swear, the game does not want Chachan to have level 60 tank gear).

It's universal I'm afraid. I've seen exactly two pieces of tank gear drop, neither of which I needed (DRK sword, helmet part which I already have).

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Nebbs - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 07:26 AM)Foxberry Wrote: Dear RPers who are quite hypocritical,

Do not spam abilities and non-custom emotes constantly in taverns. You don't like it, you complain about it, so why are you doing it? You folks think it's fun to do it to others, even if they're OOC? That's seriously not cool. It's loud and obnoxious, you know better.

-Signed.

It really concerning to hear examples of this, the odd individual can have a bad day but when a group of otherwise respected RPers do this we all loose. Not to mention the poor RPers subjected to this kind of harassment.

There is no place for this kind of behaviour in our community.

- Signed!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gone. - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 05:19 PM)Nebbs Wrote:
(07-02-2015, 07:26 AM)Foxberry Wrote: Dear RPers who are quite hypocritical,

-Signed.

It really concerning to hear examples of this, the odd individual can have a bad day but when a group of otherwise respected RPers do this we all loose. Not to mention the poor RPers subjected to this kind of harassment.

There is no place for this kind of behaviour in our community.

- Signed!

Also signed. What happened this morning did an absolute disservice to our community and those that instigated it should be downright ashamed for what was nothing more than glorified bullying.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melkire - 07-02-2015

[Admin Hardhat]

Let's not get bogged down in what is or isn't good for the community, please. This thread has a different purpose, and it's not about discussion pertaining to acceptable or unacceptable behavior on the part of the RP community. That can be taken to its own thread, if anyone would like.

"3.) This thread isn't for getting on your soapbox. Just venting."

Thank you.

[/Admin Hardhat]

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 07-02-2015

90002 happenin' again.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melkire - 07-02-2015

[Admin Hardhat]

Apparently I need to make the following clear.

When an administrator or moderator posts to the effect that a certain discussion either needs to cease or be moved out of the current thread to elsewhere, that is an invitation to move said discussion to PMs or to a new thread specifically created by user(s) for that purpose. If users find fault with this, they are free to take it to PMs with staff.

That is NOT an invitation to question the decision in the thread itself, thereby derailing the topic further and forcing action to be taken. (I had to prune some posts)

Should I have to take action again in this thread, I'll put offenders on post moderation status, meaning they'll require staff approval before their posts will be visible.

Thank you.

[/Admin Hardhat]

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Rahal - 07-03-2015

(06-30-2015, 11:58 AM)RiniKett Wrote: My biggest pet peeve right now is on the Curator...Is it really so hard to avoid the blinking red mines? Do you have to stand in the blue light? If you must, watch the mana bar drop. : (

It's worst when you have that one healer that won't cleanse the bomb debuff. As a BLM I have to remain completely still, and I'm not going to move and lose Stacks and Enochian and 60% of my damage along with it for a full 30 seconds because a healer won't do thier job and use cleanse. These are usually the same healers that whine about running OOM because it's taking too long to die as well.

I've last count of the number of times someone has been blown into the mines because it wasn't cleansed on me or someone (usually the healer) spends the full 30 seconds of the bomb debuff blasting people into the mines/shinies, then rages at people for "running into things".

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Flynn Rosenberg - 07-03-2015

Dear healers. Please don't pull mobs for the tank just to "speed things up", because I will not take the aggro for you and will let you die. Thanks.