Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Virella - 07-03-2015

Tanks, who are obviously not skilled at tanking, especially while levelling, should not run with DPS trinkets. Just do not. If you ain't having the gear & skill to run those things, make your healer's life easier, and run vit stuff.

Mostly because it allows me to make up for your shitty dps, because those trinkets ain't going to help you son.

Honestly, a 200 dps pally with strength trinkets, that is just plain out bad, while I can see other tanks going up to the 400-500 easily in vit gear.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Dis - 07-03-2015

Dear Black Mage,

Hi! I know you're really eager to run forward and grab that Minotaur in Fractal.  When the Scholar is buffing the party.  And then you seemed surprised when we all died because you interrupted her cast, turned the boss toward her, and when it almost immediately swiped her to death, did it again.  Immediately.  You didn't accidentally run in.  You stopped at the door, and then turned on slow walk, and walked into the Minotaur.

We got another Black Mage after you who didn't pull ahead of me to try and tank everything (every pull in the dungeon pre-Minotaur), or constantly spam Flare and otherwise not really DPS the mobs down.  

Please go die in a fire.  

- Signed, your irritated Tank.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Nebbs - 07-03-2015

Hunts, and people who can't wait more than two minutes to pull. It's not as if there is another hunt to go straight to. With the introduction of instances it can take some time to get there a the hunts are in a specific instance.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Manari - 07-03-2015

Can I vent about my mouse? It's beginning to wear out after almost 2 years of use. I'm not sure if that's good or poor as far as these multi-button MMO mice go, as this is my first one. It's a Logitech G600 and up until recently I loved it. In fact, I could never go back to trying to play FFXIV without it. Which is why I'm here to vent about it, because these things are expensive and I can't really afford a new one.

The first problem that started to happen a while ago but I've been just dealing with is the main left click button is wearing out. I have to push it really hard to get it to register, then when I do that, it acts like I just turned on a turbo click feature, rapidly clicking like mad. Not a huge deal since I'm not a clicker when I play usually. But now the side buttons, of which there are 12 (4 rows of 3), the 3rd button is wearing out as well. It doesn't register me pushing it unless I grip the mouse and push it as hard as I can. That is throwing off my rotation when I forget in mid combat and start mashing it because it doesn't work. It really throws off my Mudra casting too, making it screw up over 50% of the time.

It's just really frustrating is all. I know I could just not use that button, as there are a lot more on the mouse. But those are the most comfortable buttons to reach.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Leggerless - 07-03-2015

Black Mage in the Aery,

I can excuse you being a little weak on the dps. That's fine. You're using an i100 atma weapon and your gear is, let's be honest, not that great. Your rotation... was also very questionable. Not my main complaint here though.

I can also excuse you for being a newcomer. Everyone's new at one point, right?

However, when you're the only reason, multiple times in a row, we're wiping to the last boss because you don't know how to target a mob, even after being told to kill said mob ASAP, then we're going to kick you.

It's one thing to be a newcomer to a dungeon, but it's another thing to not listen to the advice that the rest of your group gives you to make it through the bloody thing.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - allgivenover - 07-03-2015

DPS players who leveled a Dark Knight because OMG DARK KNIGHT SO EDGE to 60 and have no idea how to tank fudging up other's expert roulette.

Please remember you don't like tanking and go back to being a DPS, there's a reason you're most comfortable in that role. Because when tanks and healers are bad it's immediately apparent and/or the entire group wipes, when DPS are bad they can fly under the radar and most of the time, remain an eye rolling inconvenience.

So go back to being that inconvenience so you don't end up a headache.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Rahal - 07-03-2015

Machinists that use Blank.
White Mages that use Fluid Aura.
Summoners that don't understand the basic concepts of pet micro (And that Ifrfit is flat out better in dungeons anyway, plus he's safe to leave on Sic. Seriously, Ifrit is a cool guy).

I have a macro for this, warning that the use of the above abilities will result in them becoming the new tank when on DRK (Rahal) or WAR (Reiko), but there are some people that just refuse to listen, kick the mob out from under me, then whine when I can't get aggro back on said mob in less than 1 GCD because I'm too busy dodging the AoE I could have just simply stunned. 

Machinists and WHMs tend to be worst for it. It seems WORSE at Lv60 because ERMERGERD MAH DEEPS MATTER IN TRIVIAL CONTENT LIKE ESXPUUURTS. I WANT TO PUT THIS ONE EXAMPLE OF A HIGH PARSE ON REDDIT GAAAAAAAIS!

Oh I might as well add:

Scholars that leave Selene on Sic when a silence is needed (Or Scholars that leave the pets on auto in general)
White Mages that spam Holy when a stun is needed.
<Blunt Arrow> <Just used it> <se.1> <Blunt Arrow> <Just used it> <se.1> <Blunt Arrow> <Just used it> <se.1> <Blunt Arrow> <Just used it> <se.1> <Blunt Arrow> <Just used it> <se.1> <Blunt Arrow> <Just used it> <se.1> <Blunt Arrow> <Just used it> <se.1> <Blunt Arrow> <Just used it> <se.1> <Blunt Arrow> <Just used it> <se.1> <Blunt Arrow> <Just used it> <se.1> *Attack still goes off because of the above SCH*

Also something that always has really annoyed me are people (by people, I mean healers and tanks) that treat DPS like they are all idiots and they don't even need them around. Tanking or healing must fill certain people with some kind of superiority complex. They aren't even noticed unless they aren't doing their job well.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Mercer - 07-03-2015

There have been too many people transferring to Au Ra from Miqo'te.

I miss the cat girl strippers.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 07-03-2015

I hate when I tunnel vision in on a boss and forget about everything else including adds and aoes. 

Like sometimes all I can think about is SLAY IT SLAUGHTERED IT IM THE BEST.

then wonder why im popping living dead.

Rarely do I ever succumb to tunnel vision but,
[Image: lead_large.jpg]

We wipe at 1% Wink

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Enla - 07-03-2015

(07-03-2015, 03:23 PM)Manari Wrote: Also something that always has really annoyed me are people (by people, I mean healers and tanks) that treat DPS like they are all idiots and they don't even need them around. Tanking or healing must fill certain people with some kind of superiority complex. They aren't even noticed unless they aren't doing their job well.

It's why I always give my commendations to the DPS these days, unless the tank absolutely impresses me or the DPS are the reason we're having issues to begin with. DPS get the short end of the stick more often than not when they're just as vital a component to a successful dungeon as the rest.

Also, on a more vent related subject... I have absolutely no idea why PLDs are so hard to heal for me now as a WHM. I blink, merely -BLINK- and their health has gone down by near half and I'm scrambling to bring them back to normal. Heaven forbid one of the DPS needs to be healed or I need to cast an AOE heal. I'm starting to wonder if I'm just bad but it seems I'm not the one having trouble - though I will more than admit to having some off moments in dungeons that I'm more than willing to own up to. For my SCH friends they're having trouble healing WAR's now as well. I literally, literally, can count on my hand the number of PLD's I've had no trouble healing, and after seeing Virella's post I'm starting to wonder if it might not be because they're taking STR gear to fill in gaps while leveling.

Also excessive sarcasm really helps bring a community together and makes everyone feel great. I really appreciate people who supply it, they really have a lot to add to a thread. They must feel great about themselves, too. So darn clever, such impressive wit.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 07-03-2015

(07-03-2015, 04:25 PM)Enla Wrote: after seeing Virella's post I'm starting to wonder if it might not be because they're taking STR gear to fill in gaps while leveling.

Guarantee you it has nothing to do with STR gear. But it does have everything to do with the amount of buffs your tanks are using. Plain and simple. Having 2.5k more HP is only 2.5k more HP that you have to heal back cuz STR tanks and VIT tanks are gonna take the same amount of damage. But a tank that properly rotates his/her cooldowns will never have an issue short of a legitimately inattentive healer. At least with STR your tanks can actually assist with self-healing, whereas that VIT tank it's 100% up to you to do all the work to heal.

Another possibility is slow DPS. Which isn't necessarily because of bad DPS but possibly because DPS are undergeared for whatever raid or are still figuring out the nuances of their new post-50 job. I can't fault them for that, but if DPS is low, you can bet your tank's ass the tank and the healer are going to notice. In these new dungeons, it's not just a matter of inconvenience, it's a matter of life and death, because if a healer starts running low on MP every pull just because it's taking so long to kill a mob, my god.

Which leads into my vent of the day. Bards that are using their new Wanderer's Minuet 100% of the time now. Stahp! It's hurting your dps. I, as a WAR, should not be top DPS in any 4-man party.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-03-2015

(07-03-2015, 05:02 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: Which leads into my vent of the day. Bards that are using their new Wanderer's Minuet 100% of the time now. Stahp! It's hurting your dps. I, as a WAR, should not be top DPS in any 4-man party.

GOD SOUNSY.

WE KNOW WARRIORS ARE MASTER RACE.

No need to rub it in, so mean T_T.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 07-03-2015

Can I vent that STR spec is stupid and trivializes a whole subset of right-side gear?