Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 07-12-2015

Tam-Tara so boring our healer rage quit when he saw it.

Leveling experience on second class complete garbage at 50+

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 07-13-2015

(07-12-2015, 03:42 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: Tam-Tara so boring our healer rage quit when he saw it.

Leveling experience on second class complete garbage at 50+

I got a Tam-Tara run of 50s and over. >.>

The healer demanded big pulls which mean the paladin pulled big but as I am now leveling BLM, I was eating a lot of mob hits with Fire II. Not that anyone died, but yeah. Healer so bored we pulled ~5 packs each time.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 07-13-2015

I just want to say Bismarck Ex is given me more hell on Earth than Leviathan Ex when it first came out.

Like, why must you do dis to me. WHY? ;_;

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ari Kagon - 07-13-2015

This is more of a story that happened to one of my friends who happens to be a new player. 

This happened a few days ago while he was running Tam-Tara Deepcrofts and was tanking. There was a Conjurer in his party who refused to cast anything but stone. No heals, nothing, just stone. Despite the party asking the conjurer to heal...still casted nothing but stone. It got to the point where the rest of the party were spending all their time trying to keep my friend alive using their own cross classed cure ability. It was ridiculous but we all had a good laugh about it in Team Speak.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - -no longer matters- - 07-15-2015

Had a low level Conjurer in Satasha, that refused to leave Cleric stance.. needless to say I ended up making it, but he was just unresponsive when the Black Mage was trying to explain why staying in that stance during dungeons wasn't good.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kurt S. - 07-16-2015

I dunno if this is my own fault for not riding the DRK hype train and cruising DRG and MCH to 50. I dunno if this is my own fault for getting absorbed in the 3.0 story instead of leveling or just being late.

But don't you just hate it when you're trying to level a decent DPS class to 60 but then NO ONE runs the lower level dungeons anymore?

I do.

Like the game or the community just wants you to stay as a below level 26 something.

I mean fuck leveling LNC and being a decent DPS amirite?

Not that MCH is bad, it's just very RNG reliant and carries a stigma which automatically gets you BOOTED regardless of whether or not it's DV or Sohm Al or lower. But hey fuck that too.

Fuck being versatile so you can help more people as a DPS and TANK rather than just a TANK.

Like if it takes dumping my 600k into a group of people to dungeon run me to 51. I'll do it. I'll be broker than dirt if that's what it takes.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Enla - 07-16-2015

(07-16-2015, 10:44 AM)Ramen S. Wrote: I dunno if this is my own fault for not riding the DRK hype train and cruising DRG and MCH to 50. I dunno if this is my own fault for getting absorbed in the 3.0 story instead of leveling or just being late.

But don't you just hate it when you're trying to level a decent DPS class to 60 but then NO ONE runs the lower level dungeons anymore?

I do.

Like the game or the community just wants you to stay as a below level 26 something.

Not that MCH is bad, it's just very RNG reliant and carries a stigma which automatically gets you BOOTED regardless of whether or not it's DV or Sohm Al or lower. But hey fuck that too.

Fuck being versatile so you can help more people as a DPS and TANK rather than just a TANK.

Like if it takes dumping my 600k into a group of people to get me to 51. I'll do it. I'll be broker than dirt if that's what it takes.

I've had a friend help me with leves of late so I've been skirting to 30 before I fate grind my life away, however I have to agree with you that there's an absolute DIRTH of people doing the old content. It makes sense mind, everyone is going after Alexander right now and if they're not doing that they're fate grinding the newer classes or gearing up to i170. There are still some people who are new to the game and -need- those dungeons, but with content more spread out it's harder to get the ones you want to pop when you need them. If you ever need someone to help the queue pop faster drop me a line, alright?

Speaking of low level dungeons and leveling, dear tank who decided to start a Tam Tara run wearing a mixture of THM gear and the Snow outfit... Why? Just... Why? That was one of the most painful dungeon runs I've had in a long time, and the first in months I willingly put up with the punishment timer to drop when it became clear you had no interest in tanking due to the skills you were using, or rather not using. Dodgy

Also... Dear ME, I really should not do dungeons while talking to someone in skype. x___x

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 07-16-2015

(07-16-2015, 10:44 AM)Ramen S. Wrote: I dunno if this is my own fault for not riding the DRK hype train and cruising DRG and MCH to 50. I dunno if this is my own fault for getting absorbed in the 3.0 story instead of leveling or just being late.

I do.

Like if it takes dumping my 600k into a group of people to dungeon run me to 51. I'll do it. I'll be broker than dirt if that's what it takes.
Dont worry, DRK is getting a stigma too because half of them suck ass because it's just people playing them because omg edgy cool cloud strife stuffs.

Yesterday I almost got booted outta Fractal because the party said "You die one time and im kicking you, dork knight. Sick of all the bad DRK tanks."

I mean when I didn't die once and we cleared I got an apology but still.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kurt S. - 07-16-2015

(07-16-2015, 11:00 AM)Aaron Wrote:

I do.

Dont worry, DRK is getting a stigma too because half of them suck ass because it's just people playing them because omg edgy cool cloud strife stuffs.

Yesterday I almost got booted outta Fractal because the party said "You die one time and im kicking you, dork knight. Sick of all the bad DRK tanks."

Reminds me of the time me and my turret absolutely stole hate fromt he paladin and MCH tanked DV... that was a nice.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 07-16-2015

(07-16-2015, 11:00 AM)Aaron Wrote:

I do.

I don't know if I mentioned it specifically in this thread, but I had something similar with Judge while I was leveling him. I had just unlocked Dusk Vigil and went in to get the Air Current quest squared away (and possible some loot). First thing I get is mouth from the DRG who is in the party - "Oh great, a DRK. Hope u know how to play."

It was the start of a "wonderful" experience. Which included such things as:

- Said DRG ordering me to put on Grit (which was already on) and then being all condescending when I told him it was. "Oh, there u go" and "yeah sure" comments aplenty.

- DRG patronizingly explaining the fights to me since I was the "new player," and giving the same "yeah sure"s when I pointed out that - while the character was new to the dungeon - I was not, having brought two other characters to 60.

- He then pulled the entire hallway past the first boss, got us all killed (My first experience trying to use Living Death - it didn't go well). And his response to that was "gotta use ur cooldowns, bud."

- Getting miffed at me when I went ahead and pulled the second boss while he was still in the middle of "explaining" the fight to me. And, when I (albeit snidely at this point) stated the mechanics of the last fight to prove I didn't need his "explanations," his response was "oh, u watched a vid. good for u."

Votekicked his ass so quickly. The rest of the group dissolved, thinking the run was ruined... but I got replacements and we breezed through the last third of it without any issues or smarmy comments from a DRG that was in sore need of an attitude adjustment.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - -no longer matters- - 07-16-2015

I do.

Friend me in game, if I'm not super busy and you want to run a few dungeons I'll tank for you. (52 Dark and Warrior)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 07-16-2015

I like being told how to Off-Tank A4 (incorrectly btw) by a guy whose only Lv60 class is MCH and only other level 50 job was DRG. This very same man who thought he could eat 3 orbs back to back because "OT wasn't getting them fast enough" or that it was the healer's fault that he kept dying to Magitek Bit's lazer beams because whenever he got targeted he liked to run around and stack on the nearest person so that he always ate at least 2 hits.

I don't always votekick, but when I do...

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 07-16-2015

(07-16-2015, 11:52 AM)Sounsyy Wrote: I like being told how to Off-Tank A4 (incorrectly btw) by a guy whose only Lv60 class is MCH and only other level 50 job was DRG. This very same man who thought he could eat 3 orbs back to back because "OT wasn't getting them fast enough" or that it was the healer's fault that he kept dying to Magitek Bit's lazer beams because whenever he got targeted he liked to run around and stack on the nearest person so that he always ate at least 2 hits.

I don't always votekick, but when I do...

I had some smug satisfaction yesterday when I went into A3 and got a Warrior who said I was going the MT, so I should put on VIT accessories. He then complained about not knowing why people do that. I pointed out that I'd MTed the fight plenty of times as a STRadin, and he then stated that if I was going to come in I "should at least have all i180s."

I proceeded to main tank the fight, help kill the adds, and we won after a single wipe where the DPS had died to other things that were not related to my tanking. I kinda wanted to say something to him, rub it in a bit. Ultimately didn't, rolled crappy on the drops and had to go again. Fortunately, the next run I got my drop and Chachan now has his i190 gloves to go with his i190 boots and two (STR) i190 accessories. Heart

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Cliodhna Eoghan - 07-16-2015

helped a friend thru ravana hm the other night. most the party was premade but we had one dps that wasn't; wiped on the sword stage and when we respawned the pug dps said they let the wipe happen to show their friend what the swords look like. he then pulled the fight before we had a chance to votekick....,i about put my controller thru the tv x____X

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Enla - 07-16-2015

(07-16-2015, 12:03 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: helped a friend thru ravana hm the other night. most the party was premade but we had one dps that wasn't; wiped on the sword stage and when we respawned the pug dps said they let the wipe happen to show their friend what the swords look like. he then pulled the fight before we had a chance to votekick....,i about put my controller thru the tv x____X

Couldn't... They have just watched a video for that? The hell...? D: