Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 07-16-2015

(07-16-2015, 12:03 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: helped a friend thru ravana hm the other night. most the party was premade but we had one dps that wasn't; wiped on the sword stage and when we respawned the pug dps said they let the wipe happen to show their friend what the swords look like. he then pulled the fight before we had a chance to votekick....,i about put my controller thru the tv x____X
LMFAO! That happened to me in Bismarck HM. Several people suddenly stopped dpsing because they wanted to see what'd happen if the island hit 0.

I was like.  "........ YOU FREAKING DIE! IF YOU WANT TO DIE GO PLAY MORTAL COMBAT"

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Cliodhna Eoghan - 07-16-2015

(07-16-2015, 12:13 PM)Enla Wrote:
(07-16-2015, 12:03 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: helped a friend thru ravana hm the other night. most the party was premade but we had one dps that wasn't; wiped on the sword stage and when we respawned the pug dps said they let the wipe happen to show their friend what the swords look like. he then pulled the fight before we had a chance to votekick....,i about put my controller thru the tv x____X

Couldn't... They have just watched a video for that? The hell...? D:

yeeeah...that was my gripe. three in the morning is not the time to be screwing over a party just to show someone "how cool" a full powered lb is ¬__¬

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Cliodhna Eoghan - 07-16-2015

(07-16-2015, 12:19 PM)Aaron Wrote:
LMFAO! That happened to me in Bismarck HM. Several people suddenly stopped dpsing because they wanted to see what'd happen if the island hit 0.

I was like.  "........ YOU FREAKING DIE! IF YOU WANT TO DIE GO PLAY MORTAL COMBAT"

i don't get why some think it's okay to screw over a party for something like that. yes, it's a game. yes, we're trying to "have fun". my idea of having fun is doing the frickin mechanics right D<

i haven't done bismarck yet but after reading this..,.i plan to find a full party before jumping in, so ty for the potental heads up xD

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Leggerless - 07-16-2015

Sometimes, I think the game likes S&M. Instead of chains and whips, however, it's RNG and groups that don't play well.

(07-11-2015, 04:36 PM)Nero Wrote: Emphasis Quotation

Anyways, Dungeon Fighter Online is pretty nice. Great for those long dps queues.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Chris Ganale - 07-16-2015

The tales of assholery aimed at DRKs is the primary reason why I'm leveling it solely through fates. Only going to 50 anyway. I'm not that good a tank to begin with (no matter what my friends would tell you) so I don't need the added bullshit of A.) a tank class I'm not familiar with B.) snide assholes on top of it.

The tale of that shit-talking DRG, though. Man, I have to say that every time I come read one of these tales about DRGs being fuckheads or epic failures is one hell of an ego stroke. I'm by no means remotely close to server best DRG (in fact barely rating myself above 'Server Competent' DRG), but I'm not a brain donor and I have the good sense to keep my fucking mouth shut because I am a lowly dps and I am immediately replaceable.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Martiallais - 07-16-2015

(07-16-2015, 05:07 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: *snip* because I am a lowly dps and I am immediately replaceable.

You know, I play a DPS and two tank classes and from the tank perspective....I gotta say while sure DPS may (most times) be a dime a dozen having a GOOD dps or at least dps willing to work with you is a Twelve-send and can make even a run while you wipe against a boss 2-3 times still fun and way more enjoyable than one who has the 'I do wut I want' attitude.

So from one class to another, please give yourself some credit. Big Grin

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - CrookedTarot - 07-16-2015

I would like to know who slapped a 'Curse of Bitchiness' onto the Garuda instances.

The only time I ever have had serious player problems was in PuGs with Garuda--it's bizarre, it really is. The first time, it was on NM, with one new guy that was tanking and then myself and two others. One of them, I forget who, go frustrated with the Tank for being a bit clumsy and dying (which of course meant a wipe). Yeah, I get being frustrated, but taking the time to STOP the instance completely, so you can rail against him, throwing out vulgar language (mostly homophobic slurs of course) before we finally finish. Of course then he turned on myself after I tried to ignore the mouthy healer and just pep up the Tank, calling me, 'A Balfag who should go back to sucking digital--' and I'll let you fill in the blanks after that.

Naturally, I reported their ass--which led to at least a happy (or rather hilarious) ending for the situation.

I had a surprise chat with a mod about a day later who asked me some questions etc and assured me the situation would be handled--I mentioned I wasn't hurt, so much as I didn't want new players to get lambasted like that. They again said they would look into it.

"Thank you, 'Crooked Teeth' for helping keep our community friendly.'

I have never laughed so hard while playing this game when I saw the mod call me 'Crooked Teeth' and wondered what Tarot would say if anyone ever called him that to his face; his teeth are very nice, thank you very much!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Arthur - 07-17-2015

Show Content

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 07-18-2015

(07-16-2015, 10:44 AM)Ramen S. Wrote: I dunno if this is my own fault for not riding the DRK hype train and cruising DRG and MCH to 50. I dunno if this is my own fault for getting absorbed in the 3.0 story instead of leveling or just being late.

But don't you just hate it when you're trying to level a decent DPS class to 60 but then NO ONE runs the lower level dungeons anymore?

I want this post framed so I can shove it in people's faces.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 07-18-2015

(07-18-2015, 06:39 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote:
(07-16-2015, 10:44 AM)Ramen S. Wrote: But don't you just hate it when you're trying to level a decent DPS class to 60 but then NO ONE runs the lower level dungeons anymore?

I want this post framed so I can shove it in people's faces.

I dunno about you but I've been doing low level roulettes every day and I have not gotten one post 50 dungeon when my BLM hit 51. In fact, most of them have been tam-tara...

fucking tam-tara, aurum vale, and toto-rak. That's been my week of leveling BLM T_T;

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Zac Evans - 07-18-2015

OH MY FUCKING GOD I WAS TANKING FOR THIS YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THIS ASSHOLE WAS LAUGHING ACTING LIKE IT WAS NOTHING IT WAS UTTER HORSESHIT I GOT THINGS TO DO HE EVEN SAID AND I QUOTE

'I'll use my cooldowns this time.'

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Zac Evans - 07-18-2015

Now I know I have a fiery temper, and a bit of an expectation when it comes to PuG and even premades. It was instilled in me by the Hyperion community during my stay with them before I moved to Balmung. Now I've taken strides to fix this, and I feel I'm greatly improving. Alot of my anger has since been redirected to myself, making me want to strive for perfection so I can be an asset to my friends. But the expectation is there still, and it tends to reveal itself with a particular group.

My anger tends to reveal itself before couples. That despite being level GOD DAMNED 55 you know NONE of your class mechanics, any only level ONE FUCKING JOB you think you know how EVERYONE AND THEIR GOD DAMNED MOTHER should play their jobs. Oh, except your Bae. Because somehow their IDIOTIC WINDOW LICKING ASS can do no wrong, and anyone WITH A SHRED OF COMMON SENSE can tell that even if they're not doing THE SINGLE GOD DAMNED THING THEY ARE UTTERLY AND COMPLETELY SUPPOSED TO HAVE FUCKING MASTERED wrong, I swear to you they're not doing it right.

YOUR FAILURE OF A HUSBAND DOES NOT NEED THE EWER, HE'S A WARRIOR, CAST CARDS ON PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY NEED THEM, NOT JUST THAT ASSHOLE!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 07-19-2015

I want the head of whoever coded the RNG in this game, as it pertains to crafting and gathering.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - LiadansWhisper - 07-19-2015

(07-18-2015, 11:24 PM)Zac Evans Wrote:

OH MY FUCKING GOD I WAS TANKING FOR THIS YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THIS ASSHOLE WAS LAUGHING ACTING LIKE IT WAS NOTHING IT WAS UTTER HORSESHIT I GOT THINGS TO DO HE EVEN SAID AND I QUOTE

'I'll use my cooldowns this time.'

Someone needs to be reported for harassment in that fight.  >.>

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - cuideag - 07-19-2015

Dear Random Trash WHM We Got in A3,

If you wanna talk smack at one of the DPS, that's fine. I honestly don't care if you really think jabbing at someone over their queue times is really gonna leave 'em hurt. Their understanding fight as well as class mechanics better than you must have really got your goat or something. YEESH.

But please don't stop healing to type this trash during the bit of the fight where both tanks are taking some pretty hot damage. I can carry you through the rest of it, but not that part as we plainly saw!

Thanks for wasting our time, broski.

love,
cuideag