Hydaelyn Role-Players
Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) (/showthread.php?tid=9323)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 11:40 AM)Kage Wrote: I also remember certain people at your cooking events who cut jalapenos and then went I NEED TO RUB MY EYES.

Big Grin

((By the way, if anyone has eaten stuff like seafood drenched in oils, spices and garlic, I've found that a rubbing sugary glob will help in taking the smell of garlic away. When you need to be professional and you don't want your hands smelling like food))

Also, there's a certain stuffed peppers recipe that I used to have the link to but I don't have it anymore... halp.

What kinda stuffed peppers? "American" style, or the Chinese style? Anything you can remember about them?

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Gegenji - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 11:40 AM)Kage Wrote: When you need to be professional and you don't want your hands smelling like food

I see no downside to smelling like food. Heck, my whole apartment smelled like food when I was baking my brisket last weekend and it was wonderful. Minus the part where it made me really hungry, but I had the brisket for that!

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Kage - 01-22-2015

When you work in a semiconductor manufacturing facility you don't want JPL, DLA, BOEING, NASA, etc... to think your hands aren't clean :c

The peppers were the American ones. With something like rice a roni in it.

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 12:16 PM)Kage Wrote: When you work in a semiconductor manufacturing facility you don't want JPL, DLA, BOEING, NASA, etc... to think your hands aren't clean :c

The peppers were the American ones. With something like rice a roni in it.

Family Recipe back from the early web. I cheat a little and usually start the pepper boiling at the same time as filler, but it can be made in a single pot too, to conserve dishes. If extra filling is left, I recommend using it to hold the peppers in place by making a little mound in the baking dish. Easily a comfort food.

If you really wanna cheat on this, you can get a pasta/tomato sauce of choice and cook the meat/veggies/rice in it. Makes the prep work much shorter.

[Image: stuffed%20peppers.jpg]

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - C'kayah Polaali - 01-22-2015

(01-21-2015, 08:38 PM)Jaques Wrote: The underwater thing for cutting onions does work. And I don't believe it is taking any flavor away. And if it is then it's a perfectly acceptable trade of for me. Since I'm apparently very sensitive to the sulfur and can't cut them otherwise. Or even be in the neighboring room if someone else is doing the cutting.

Immersing cut onions in water does affect the flavor slightly, but the thing you have to realize is that just having cut onions sit in the air also affects their flavor. Onions are a very reactive food, and they start going "sour" on contact with the air after just a few minutes. I don't cut onions underwater (they don't bother me enough for me to bother with it), but I do put cut onions in a bowl of cold water if I'm not going to use them immediately. I'd imagine cutting them in water isn't any different.

For what it's worth, I think immersing onions doesn't do bad things to their flavor at all.

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - C'kayah Polaali - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 09:02 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Cutting onions has been a vast improvement for me since I've gotten a santoku knife. Also, the fact that it's kept to a keen edge. Sharp knives are safe knives. <3

+1 to this!

Keep your knife sharp. Get a steel*. Learn to use it. Use it every time you use your knife.

*no pun intended, Steel... Wink

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Aya - 01-22-2015

I never have trouble with peppers.. though I don't use anything hotter than seranos typically ^_^

I always feel that if you've got an onion that's making you teary, you've got yourself a good onion!!

Heat small amount of olive oil.  Add diced garlic and jalapeno for about 60s (to release the oils in both - I think!).  Add onion and brown.  (Beginning of like every Aya recipe ever).

Gave this a try last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CtkGXq2G9s

...forgot the lemon zest and didn't have the butcher's string, but the flavor was great!

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Steel Wolf - 01-23-2015

GAIZ! GAIZ I DID IT! I CONQUERED CHEESECAKE EX!!

(in other words I made a cheesecake without it cracking shut up I'm a nerd don't judge meh)

[Image: 0123151557a.jpg]

Big Grin

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - TheLastCandle - 01-23-2015

That looks very nice! I love cheesecake. It's one of my weaknesses. ><

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-23-2015

(01-23-2015, 07:22 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: GAIZ! GAIZ I DID IT!  I CONQUERED CHEESECAKE EX!!

(in other words I made a cheesecake without it cracking shut up I'm a nerd don't judge meh)

[Image: 0123151557a.jpg]

Big Grin

*judges*

NICE CHEESECAKE!

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - DreamedReality - 01-23-2015

That looks so delicious.... *drools* Nice job Steel!

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Kage - 01-23-2015

Mmmm tasty!

I have a confession to make.

I hate graham cracker crusts

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Mae - 01-23-2015

Mmmmm...!

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - MikoBehnen - 01-23-2015

(01-23-2015, 08:24 PM)Kage Wrote: Mmmm tasty!

I have a confession to make.

I hate graham cracker crusts

Me too LoL

I use Oreos ^_^ 
or brownies...