Hydaelyn Role-Players
Poll: Au Ra and your character, what will you do? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Poll: Au Ra and your character, what will you do? (/showthread.php?tid=9372)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Poll: Au Ra and your character, what will you do? - Blue - 12-22-2014

A lot of us are excited about the new races and are already brainstorming on how to RP one. I've been hearing all kinds of things, but I'd love to get a general idea of what people will do to achieve RPing an Au Ra.

Personally, I'm going to ICly kill two of my alts (I'm on 8/8 slots, I wish I had more!) and Fantasia/Name Change them into Au Ras, but I know there's lots of other options! What will you do?

Will you kill a selected character to create a brand new Au Ra?

Will your character be cursed / bribed into drinking Fantasia and receive the features of an Au Ra, but preserve his/her original personality and habits? Or will they suffer a complete mind reset as well?

Or maybe you simply aren't going to RP as an Au Ra? Let me know!

RE: Poll: Au Ra and your character, what will you do? - Izmina - 12-22-2014

I like my kitty and have no urge to play an Au Ra. But I am looking forward to my girl seeing one of the first time.

RE: Poll: Au Ra and your character, what will you do? - Blue - 12-22-2014

(12-22-2014, 07:53 AM)Izmina Wrote: I like my kitty and have no urge to play an Au Ra. But I am looking forward to my girl seeing one of the first time.

Poll is up and running now, sorry it took me a bit!

RE: Poll: Au Ra and your character, what will you do? - Berrod Armstrong - 12-22-2014

/looks at results
Well, shit.

RE: Poll: Au Ra and your character, what will you do? - Random Encounter - 12-22-2014

I only have two character slot used at the moment so I'll probably make one when they come out. As for RPing it, I will probably wait a while until I know enough about the race to figure out a proper setup.

RE: Poll: Au Ra and your character, what will you do? - Eve Malusion - 12-22-2014

I have character slots, but I always burn out on alts. I'm terrible with them. So if anything I'd kill main and fantasia it buuuut... I'm broke for the foreseeable future! Staying the same!

[sub]Unless they have a hairstyle I really like.[/sub]

RE: Poll: Au Ra and your character, what will you do? - Kellach Woods - 12-22-2014

I have 2 alts planned to make, an Au Ra will be the third I think.

RE: Poll: Au Ra and your character, what will you do? - Warren Castille - 12-22-2014

Don't know jack about racial lore or identity. Can't commit to a race without knowing what they are.

RE: Poll: Au Ra and your character, what will you do? - Berrod Armstrong - 12-22-2014

(12-22-2014, 08:44 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Don't know jack about racial lore or identity. Can't commit to a race without knowing what they are.
Dingdingding!

RE: Poll: Au Ra and your character, what will you do? - Kellach Woods - 12-22-2014

I'd agree on principle, but so far I don't think they've made a single race I wouldn't play. I'd bend the lore for Miqo most likely, but I'd still roll it if I really wanted to.

So, unless they made the Au Ra completely despicable as a race, I'm still down.

RE: Poll: Au Ra and your character, what will you do? - Aaron - 12-22-2014

I don't like any other race besides Midlanders. 

Au Ra ain't no different.

RE: Poll: Au Ra and your character, what will you do? - Dis - 12-22-2014

I'm a little too attached to my main character as an Elezen to name-change her.  That said, the Au Ra look really elegant and I'm looking forward to digging my teeth into the lore about them before I go off and make a new character that's of that race.  

But they seem interesting, if appearance are anything to go by, so I'm eagerly looking forward to the ability to make one.  Kind of glad now that I haven't actively RP'd all of the toons I've made, so I'm not at all guilty about deleting an unplayed toon to make a new race/class combo.

RE: Poll: Au Ra and your character, what will you do? - Gegenji - 12-22-2014

I have a couple alt character ideas I want to do, but have been holding off until I get Chachan up in levels and properly geared to help out both LS and FC as much as he can. And have access to the widest range of costumes for dress-up.

One's a Hyur, one's a Roe. Adding an Au Ra to the pile shouldn't be horribly difficult, and it might even replace one of the other two, depending! I just need to find out more about them so I can figure out a story for them!

As for Chachan, he's foreverlala.

RE: Poll: Au Ra and your character, what will you do? - Kismet - 12-22-2014

I'll be changing an alt into one, provided we actually can use a Fantasia for that. I don't think SE would pull that jerk move, but I'm always prepared for the worst. The alt in question, my character Lhei, won't be dying or really going MIA. She's just sort of... in the background-ish. Living her life, doing her thing with her fiance'.

RE: Poll: Au Ra and your character, what will you do? - Clover - 12-22-2014

I've been saving a character slot all this time, just in case I liked the new race. I literally can't wait for them to arrive >_<
I'd never dare to change any of my current characters. Each of them is important.