Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your Character and Love - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Your Character and Love (/showthread.php?tid=9385)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Your Character and Love - g0ne - 12-23-2014

Do I have to explain? 

Do I...? Alright, fiiineee...

Your character and their views on love, and how they love, their love lives, etc etc. it can include all sorts of love, family, friends, lovers, and so on. 

Oh... One more thing!

I better not hear these two words in this thread for now: Au Ra

And... Start! Smile

RE: Your Character and Love - Melodia - 12-23-2014

Well, Melodia sees love probably a lot more liberally than others. She's much more open with it and willing to pull others in even while believing in her devotion to her significant other. She hasn't had a family since she was 5 so she is a bit cold in that respect. But she views romantic and even sexual love in a very positive light and works to foster that with others.

Ruru is a lot different. He craves positive attention, mistaking that as love. He feels that any positive affirmation is akin to someone loving him, and so he tends to latch on very strongly to those close to him. When they leave or stop that feeding of positive feeling, he sees that as a form of rejection and tends to turn to self harm in one way or another. His understanding of love is not a healthy one.

RE: Your Character and Love - Steel Wolf - 12-23-2014

What about "Rawr Baah"? :3

Steel's love life is pretty much a central part of her character. Her husband died at Carteneau. She hates Garlemald and wants to wipe them off of Eorzea because of it, hasn't known another's touch after his death, and frankly has almost no idea what to do in a dating situation as a result.

The five+ years of time to grieve, however, have her trying, awkward as her stumblings might be. It's actually rather charming, in my view. Also a way for me to write out my own complete buffoonery at romantic thingies.

My title wasn't "Tsundere Tsupreme" before for no reason, after all. XD

RE: Your Character and Love - Oscare - 12-23-2014

Oscare was engaged to someone during his time in the Garlean army and she died in a mass shooting that was caused and executed by Oscare himself. He became delusional and lost a very large fraction of his humanity and ability to love. He's attracted to people, but he would never make an effort to chase down relationships or form amy.

So he doesn't love. Then recent advancements made Oscare immune to emotions and it's like love -- or even the very concept of friends or relationships- - never existed. He can't feel a thing, not even anger.

Super delusional guy.

RE: Your Character and Love - Antain - 12-23-2014

Vaughn's view is a bit complicated. He does believe true love exists, and believes he has finally found it himself, but that people are more often swayed by lust. He's seen many people claim finding their "one true love" only to turn around and give in the the base temptation of lust, yet still be adamant about their loves. Because of this, he's weary of those who claim to love, but does hope the statement to be true.

RE: Your Character and Love - Jana - 12-23-2014

[Image: 10574e97aa.png]

RE: Your Character and Love - Gegenji - 12-23-2014

Chachan loves everybody! Big Grin

... Except for the meanie-faces. Smile

... And basically in a platonic sense. Dodgy

On the matter of capital "L" love, though, he's a bit more uncertain. He spent his childhood dreaming about being a hero and being drilled how to be an arms merchant. He never really had time to deal with the whole dating scene. And, while still a teen, he decided to defy his father like his brother before him and head out into the world.

Into a world full of girls. Many of which are very pretty. And he don't know what do! Dazed

For the most part, he tries to treat most of them like normal friends and such and ignore the fact that they just happen to be girls. But when they start getting close and/or quite open in their... girl-ness... he gets flustered. Memeli can do it by being Memeli and getting into his bubble to muss with his hair. Leanne he sees as a kinda-sorta sister, which helps a bit, but also makes it all the more awkward when he realizes she's also a pretty kitty.

I do find myself hoping little Chachan gets himself a girlfriend at some point or another, but I'm also aware that the whole ordeal leading up to it... and possibly the relationship itself... is going to be awkward for the guy.

RE: Your Character and Love - Warren Castille - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 02:07 PM)Gegenji Wrote: Chachan loves everybody! Big Grin

... Except for the meanie-faces. Smile

... And basically in a platonic sense. Dodgy

On the matter of capital "L" love, though, he's a bit more uncertain. He spent his childhood dreaming about being a hero and being drilled how to be an arms merchant. He never really had time to deal with the whole dating scene. And, while still a teen, he decided to defy his father like his brother before him and head out into the world.

Into a world full of girls. Many of which are very pretty. And he don't know what do! Dazed

For the most part, he tries to treat most of them like normal friends and such and ignore the fact that they just happen to be girls. But when they start getting close and/or quite open in their... girl-ness... he gets flustered. Memeli can do it by being Memeli and getting into his bubble to muss with his hair. Leanne he sees as a kinda-sorta sister, which helps a bit, but also makes it all the more awkward when he realizes she's also a pretty kitty.

I do find myself hoping little Chachan gets himself a girlfriend at some point or another, but I'm also aware that the whole ordeal leading up to it... and possibly the relationship itself... is going to be awkward for the guy.

Sometimes a girl serves as the catalyst in a hero career. I think I remember reading something like this before.

Anyway, Warren's got some strange relations when it comes to Love as a thing. He didn't really buy into it as a roaming young man, but he eventually went head over heels for someone as he set down roots. That got sorta complicated, and now he's got two people he's endlessly devoted to. The heart wants what it wants, and for Warren that is to cherish and protect those closest to him.

RE: Your Character and Love - Iex - 12-23-2014

I honestly don't know what my characters think about love. Humorous really, but at least they know how tragic it can be.

[sub]Au Ra[/sub]

RE: Your Character and Love - FreelanceWizard - 12-23-2014

L'yhta is a fair bit confused with regards to love, in many ways because she doesn't like herself very much. She has an unfortunate tendency to latch onto father figures (platonically, thank you very much, despite rumors to the contrary Tongue ) and obsess over their approval, even more than she obsesses over the approval of her friends. This obsession over what people thinks tends to cause her to latch onto people fairly strongly and to get hurt when people that "should" like her don't.

Being fairly immature, she also has a tendency to misinterpret a deep platonic love for a romantic one, and to conflate the two. This has, in the past, caused problems (and may in the future cause problems). At any rate, she does deeply love her Very Good Friend, which is something of a surprise to her as she's not typically attracted to women. Whether this love is a misinterpreted one, though, is an open question, as it's yet to be significantly tested.

In the end, L'yhta's a big believer in love; she's certain True Love exists, that people are inevitably drawn to their soulmates, and that romance is a key part of life. As she says from time to time, "I fight for four things! Truth! Beauty! Freedom! And above all else: Love!"

EDIT: As for flirtation? Nope. She doesn't get that at all. Any time she flirts, it's either clumsy and awkward or unintentional. She's been trying to get better at it, but she doesn't have many people with which to practice.

RE: Your Character and Love - g0ne - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 02:27 PM)Iex Wrote: [sub]Au Ra[/sub]

*goes out for a bit, comes back with a chainsaw*

You do know you asked for this, right?

RE: Your Character and Love - Dogberry - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 01:32 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: What about "Rawr Baah"? :3

Steel's love life is pretty much a central part of her character. Her husband died at Carteneau. She hates Garlemald and wants to wipe them off of Eorzea because of it, hasn't known another's touch after his death, and frankly has almost no idea what to do in a dating situation as a result.

The five+ years of time to grieve, however, have her trying, awkward as her stumblings might be. It's actually rather charming, in my view. Also a way for me to write out my own complete buffoonery at romantic thingies.

I think a meeting of Steel Wolf and Dogberry would be interesting. Dogberry lost his fiancee in Carteneau and has only recently started to normalize. I'm not saying they should ship omg otp or anything, but if it came out that they both lost loved ones at Carteneau, I think it could probably lead to some pretty interesting bonding.

Dogberry's got a reputation as a bit of a player, and most of his relationships have been no-strings-attached for a while. In a way, he loves a lot of people, and feels that you can't truly love something and claim ownership of it. People are meant to be free, and you should love them that way. Nowadays, he's starting to get more invested in individual relationships. He's starting to feel that need to settle down. If he's going to fight primals, Garleans, and whatever else for a living, he needs at least one thing to be simple.

RE: Your Character and Love - Iex - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 02:30 PM)Eleni Wrote:

*Is in too many pieces now to respond.*

RE: Your Character and Love - Gegenji - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 02:32 PM)Iex Wrote:
(12-23-2014, 02:30 PM)Eleni Wrote:

*Is in too many pieces now to respond.*
You could say I... saw that coming? Cool

RE: Your Character and Love - Steel Wolf - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 02:30 PM)Dogberry Wrote:
(12-23-2014, 01:32 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: What about "Rawr Baah"? :3

I think a meeting of Steel Wolf and Dogberry would be interesting. Dogberry lost his fiancee in Carteneau and has only recently started to normalize. I'm not saying they should ship omg otp or anything, but if it came out that they both lost loved ones at Carteneau, I think it could probably lead to some pretty interesting bonding.

Dogberry's got a reputation as a bit of a player, and most of his relationships have been no-strings-attached for a while. In a way, he loves a lot of people, and feels that you can't truly love something and claim ownership of it. People are meant to be free, and you should love them that way. Nowadays, he's starting to get more invested in individual relationships. He's starting to feel that need to settle down. If he's going to fight primals, Garleans, and whatever else for a living, he needs at least one thing to be simple.

I agree, perhaps sometime we can have the two meet up sometime and see where the conversation flows.

*dashes off to update the shipping thread* <3