Hydaelyn Role-Players
Servers - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Servers (/showthread.php?tid=9387)

Pages: 1 2

Servers - rudhredion - 12-23-2014

Hi there, I'm a potential new player to FF XIV and the RP community but one thing I've noticed trying to create my character is that both of the listed servers here for RP are closed to new characters right now. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas to help a guy out?

RE: Servers - Warren Castille - 12-23-2014

Early mornings EST are the best times for Balmung.

There is also this thread people try to keep updated when they see we are open.

RE: Servers - Ririla Rila - 12-23-2014

Hi there, First off I would just like to say... *prepares* 

WELCOME!

Now I know Balmung is the most used out of the two on this site, I'm from Balmung myself and can tell you, its great! ^.^

I know there is a spot of trouble with character creating, the server is just too small and can't handle so many amazing people! Q.Q  I might suggest checking: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

This gives updates as to when the servers are locked or unlocked, and is updated a few times a day, try on a time when most people are sleeeeping and dreaming or cupcakes and stuffs...

If you're really too excited about playing and can't wait, then create a character, level it and stuffs, then transfer when it opens! but I can assure you, the wait will be worth it. :3

#LoveRoleplay
#LoveTheLala

RE: Servers - rudhredion - 12-23-2014

Thank you all for the welcomes and information. I guess for now I'll travel along Chocobo on one server and test the waters and then try and sneak into one of the RP servers.

RE: Servers - Aris - 12-23-2014

Hey, a very big welcome for when you arrive! Tongue

RE: Servers - rudhredion - 12-25-2014

Still waiting sadly. I was really hoping to get a character rolled and tried out on the server to see how the RP is before my 14 day trial was up. Kind of wondering if thats going to happen now sadly.

RE: Servers - Kage - 12-25-2014

Unfortunately with the holidays it's been much harder to get in.

RE: Servers - Kellach Woods - 12-29-2014

From my experience, Balmung is closed until further notice and believe you me they won't give us that notice.

As in, I stayed up until 5:30 AM in the hopes I could roll some alts but no dice, on a Monday.

This may be alleviated slightly if the talks of opening a EU datacenter materialize.

RE: Servers - Cailean Lockwood - 12-29-2014

Yeah, I've been trying to make me a new alt, but Balmung has been closed these last couple of days even when typically open for new characters. :/
Sucks.

RE: Servers - ArmachiA - 12-29-2014

It does suck but Balmung is really an effing fantastic server that's worth the wait.

(12-29-2014, 10:51 AM)ArmachiA Wrote: It does suck but Balmung is really an effing fantastic server that's worth the wait.

While waiting, you are giving Square Enix money for time you don't play, because you are locked out of it. I wouldn't say it is worth that.

RE: Servers - Kage - 12-29-2014

Pretty sure it's "it's worth the wait while you play on other servers"

It's honestly my opinion that the server congestion will alleviate back to its 5AM PST open schedule when the holidays are over.

most people are off of work/university at the moment so it means more time for them to play/create characters/etc.

(12-29-2014, 11:12 AM)Kage Wrote: Pretty sure it's "it's worth the wait while you play on other servers"

This I can get behind. ^^

RE: Servers - Naunet - 12-29-2014

Or SE could get actual servers instead of whatever poor, beleaguered hamsters they're using now! I always found it ridiculous how zealously they lock character creation and certainly would not be happy nor willing to play on another server in the meantime.

RE: Servers - Kellach Woods - 12-29-2014

(12-29-2014, 11:12 AM)Kage Wrote: It's honestly my opinion that the server congestion will alleviate back to its 5AM PST open schedule when the holidays are over.

That ship sailed even prior to the Holidays. Ever since 2.4 hit I don't think I've seen a single moment where Balmung was open except right after Maintenance.

I just find it funny they lock down the server even if you already have a character there.