Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Slave for Love ~ Date Auction - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: A Slave for Love ~ Date Auction (/showthread.php?tid=940)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A Slave for Love ~ Date Auction - Seraphine Felstar - 01-12-2011

~A Slave For Love~

[Image: dateauctionad.jpg]
((A stack of fliers sit on the end of the counters in each Adventures Guild.))

When: 6th Sun of the 1st Umbral Moon @ the Fifteenth Bell.

((Sunday February 5th
4:30 PM Eastern
1:30 PM Pacific
9:30 PM London ))

Where: Gridania at the Mih Khetto's Amphitheater.

[Image: map.jpg]
[Image: picturegridania.jpg]

Guests are invited to sit in the benches or bring a blanket and sit on the floor between the benches. Please keep the center aisle and the area in front of the stage clear. If you wish, you may also stand in the back behind the last row of benches.

Hosted by: Seraphine Winter, Oria Argall, and co-host Eva Ianeira.

Description: Although the Starlight Festival has ended, the orphans of Eorzea are still in great need of assistance. In order to help ensure a happy and safe environment for these children to grow up, a date auction will be held on the 13th Sun of the 1st Umbral Moon at the fifteenth bell in Gridania at the Mih Khetto's Amphitheater. Members of the public will be allowed to place bids on participating singles for a one time only date.

But wait... already have a partner? - Well, no need to miss out! If you already have a partner, you may make a donation and your partner will receive a hand written invitation at the auction to go on a date with you. They will also receive a coupon book that will give them their hearts desire.

Remember, all funds raised will be divided among orphanages across the three city-states. We hope to see you there!

==================================

Participants:

Weather you're looking for love or would just like to help a worthy cause, we are taking applicants to be auctioned for a single date with the winning bidder. Chaperons will be available upon request. If you would like to volunteer to donate your time to charity, please fill out the following application and leave it with your local adventures guild ((Post it in this thread)). Please arrive a half-hour before the event begins to receive further instructions:

Full Name:
The gender you prefer for your date:
Your interests:
Your dislikes:
What you look for in a date:

Bidding: The rules for bidding will be announced once an adequate member of volunteers/items have been established.

Lucky in Love!

For those who already have a girlfriend, boyfriend or spouse you are not forgotten! You may submit the following application to request a date with your partner on behalf of the charity. They will receive a written invitation at the date auction with the amount of gil you donated, a love poem, a flower, and a special message written by you. In addition they will be given a coupon book filled with fun things they can "cash in" with you at their request! You must already be in a established RP relationship in order to request a date. To obtain a date invitation request please fill out the following form:

Your Full Name:
Your Partners Full Name:
The Amount You Would Like to Donate:
A Special Message to Your Partner:

((If you would like to surprise your significant other then please send the application to Seraphine in a PM.))

Rules:
  • You must be respectful at all times. This includes during the event and during dates. If you are disruptive you may be asked to leave. Although you are free to show a little skin shirt/body armor, pants/skirt, and shoes are to be worn at all times. No undergarments please!!

• Make sure to fill out an application. In order to volunteer to be auctioned you must complete the application provided above.

• Please speak in /say sparingly. Due to the fact the amphitheater is out of the way, /shout will be used by the auctioneer only to ensure people do not miss what is being announced. Please keep all comments in /say or /emotes. However, do not disrupt the other people attending by spamming the chat. If you need to speak with someone, move close to their character and "whisper" in /tell or /party chat.

• Each character is allowed one successful bid on a date. You cannot continue to bid on others after you have already won one date auction. Volunteers may also bid on dates, however, they must go on the date they were auctioned for as well as the date they bid upon.

• Chaperons may be requested. For everyone's safety chaperons can be made available if either person on the date requests one.

• Remember you are bidding on a single date. This is not to be constructed in any way shape or form of providing 'services'/erp. It's a date. D-A-T-E.

• Please be respectful of people's gender preference. For everyone's comfort if a character has specified a gender preference on their application, members of the opposite gender may not place a bid.

• Both parties going on the date must agree to the date, time, and activity. No refunds, even if the date is called off or random events due to acts of Cod.

• Bids will be handled with in-game gil although no money will actually be taken from your character. You may only bid with what funds you have in your possession. If you have made a successful bid you must come to the co-host, open a trade window and show the gil. You do not have to give up your gil OOCly. You will then be traded a flower to give to your new date.

• Lucky In Love participants and recipients will be announced at the event. The actual date invite, message, and coupon book will be PM'ed to your beloved on the forums.

I hope to see everyone there!! Heart

Re: A Slave for Love ~ Date Auction - Axl - 01-12-2011

I figure I'll put myself up for auction, should be worth a good laugh Big Grin

Full Name: Axl Klaavas.
The gender you prefer for your date: Female.
Your interests: Cooking, Music, Drinking, Fun, Adventure, Philosophy.
Your dislikes: Judgemental people, Rude people, Arachnids.
What you look for in a date: Sweet, easy to relate with, witty, maybe a little shy.

Re: A Slave for Love ~ Date Auction - Alona - 01-12-2011

Full Name: Alona Rhys
The gender you prefer for your date: No preference
Your interests: Economics, Fine Arts, Culture, Politics, the Human Soul and Mind.
Your dislikes: Boring people
What you look for in a date: Unique personality, intelligence, life experience, and a little insecurity.

Re: A Slave for Love ~ Date Auction - Zeah - 01-13-2011

Full Name: Zeah Loraire
The gender you prefer for your date: Either, it's just a date!
Your interests: Exploration, Adventure, Exciting new people.
Your dislikes: Sweets and desserts, the rain, being in open water.
What you look for in a date: I suppose any place we can relax and be ourselves. I like people with a sense of humor, someone who makes me feel comfortable, and who I can talk to. Ultimately someone who I can have a good time with.

Re: A Slave for Love ~ Date Auction - Romy Leonhardt - 01-13-2011

Full Name: Riseyra Hellona Storsgram
The gender you prefer for your date: No preference
Your interests: Long walks on the shores of Mor Dhona (haha,) intense physical activity, like sparring practice, listening to good stories, singing, and making a good drink.
Your dislikes: People who brag about all the things they do/can do, instead of just doing them.
What you look for in a date: My ideal date would be confident but not arrogantly self centered, energetic, well spoken, polite but not spineless, and should know what they want from life and Eorzea.

Re: A Slave for Love ~ Date Auction - Ravirr - 01-13-2011

Full Name: Ravirr Shiga
The gender you prefer for your date: Female
Your interests: Exploring, hunting (Treasure, Monsters, etc.), gambling, watching and participating in coliseum matches.
Your dislikes: Crying children, being broke, and debt collectors.
What you look for in a date: A tom boy. No girly girls or someone who is airheaded. Someone who is feisty and would enjoy watching a good bout at the coliseum, and really get in to it.

Re: A Slave for Love ~ Date Auction - Eternal Darkness - 01-13-2011

I would really like to participate in this one, though I'll have to get back to you all later as for my role of involvment.

Re: A Slave for Love ~ Date Auction - Seraphine Felstar - 01-13-2011

In order to simplify the event, the silent auction will no longer be taking place. I think there will be enough going on that this will merely complicate things instead of ensure everything is light and fun.

Thank you to everyone who has volunteered so far and I have a feeling this is going to be an unforgettable evening! :cheer:

Re: A Slave for Love ~ Date Auction - Smiling River - 01-15-2011

Full Name: Oskar Helvig
The gender you prefer for your date: Female
Your interests: Exploring, doing community service, gold smithing, meditation, going out with friends after battle, meeting and getting to know people
Your dislikes: Crime, ignorance, and pettiness
What you look for in a date: Someone with a similar sense of humor, likes a cool drink at the end of a long day, is good looking, can speak their mind freely, follower of Byregot preferred

Re: A Slave for Love ~ Date Auction - Eternal Darkness - 01-15-2011

I don't think I'll be offering myself up for bid, but I will come to the event, probably sit in the back, engage in some sort of conversation. I will most likely make a donation though, rather than place bids.

Re: A Slave for Love ~ Date Auction - Seraphine Felstar - 01-15-2011

That's fine with me (^.^)b

I'll probably put up some sort of counter so we can see how much money we're pretending to raise at some point. If we get enough all the orphans of Eorzea might be wearing velveteen :p

Thank you to all our volunteers and keep the participation coming! :bounce:

Re: A Slave for Love ~ Date Auction - Eternal Darkness - 01-16-2011

I could probably be the money "collector". I can keep a calculator handy and add 'em up as they come, unless you have someone to do that already.

Re: A Slave for Love ~ Date Auction - Seraphine Felstar - 01-16-2011

Aww! Thank you so much for volunteering. That makes me feel all warm and fussy. Eva Ianeira is going to be "collecting" all the money and helping to keep track of bids. Thank you again for offering though.

Re: A Slave for Love ~ Date Auction - Eternal Darkness - 01-16-2011

Of course, my pleasure. Should there be any other positions you need filled, let me know. I will be at the event so don't hesitate to ask beforehand or during.

Re: A Slave for Love ~ Date Auction - SamusKnight2K - 01-19-2011

(Haha sounds fun! *evil laugh*)

Full Name: Mihana Zhralyia
The gender you prefer for your date: Male, preferred. But being just a date any gender will do.
Your interests: Hunting, archery, cooking, seeking out treasures.
Your dislikes: Seriousness, long-winded lectures, being bored, treated like a child, rain.
What you look for in a date: No Roegadyn, unless you can show me why I should date one. I'm not some damsel looking for a gallant knight on a Chocobo to sweep me off my feet. If you're that type, keep on moving pal. I like to tease, have fun. Deal with it. But if you're nice and we get along then you're doing something right. Places, don't care as long as I'm not getting all wet from the rain.

(OOC Note: At this time Mihana is rather involved with someone already. But to see if their feelings for one another are real, she has suggested they date others. Should their time apart with other people show their feelings are true, then it is meant to be between them. Both parties have agreed on this thus Mihana will begin dating others. As with all RP, actions between others can influence the outcome so don't bid thinking your character is a one-night date! If somehow they have a way to sway her heart in their favor it could come to pass. Just don't expect a "Romance-In-A-Can" moment. Big Grin )

(OOC Note 2: Seems I kind of confused someone on the one-night date thing... What I mean is that while Mihana may be involved with somebody, she will still be dating. If after the end of her date there is enough reason, she may agree to go on a second date with her bidder too. What happens beyond that is purely up to RP.)

(EDIT: Entry edited.)