Hydaelyn Role-Players
Alternatives to Balmung/Gilgamesh? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Alternatives to Balmung/Gilgamesh? (/showthread.php?tid=9467)

Alternatives to Balmung/Gilgamesh? - MaiMizzu - 12-30-2014

So I'm trying to get back into the game.. and I'm bringing my friend into it with me. I bought him the game yesterday, we got our RP stories all figured out, made our characters... but we haven't been able to get on a server. I'm to the point of total frustration/ragequitz. But I really wanna play the game and be able to heavy RP. Does anyone know if the RP community is strong on other servers.. like one I can actually play the frelling game on? I'm getting desperate here..

RE: Alternatives to Balmung/Gilgamesh? - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-30-2014

I think Jenova has been starting one up, but I don't know much about the community, if there is one.? I remember seeing a few welcome threads from them.

Depending on where you live, I've had the most luck getting into Balmung around 2-6AM PST.

RE: Alternatives to Balmung/Gilgamesh? - FreelanceWizard - 12-30-2014

Another option that I understand works is to create on any other server, then use the character move tool to move to Balmung or Gilgamesh. I'm told that it has a different set of lock restrictions than character creation does, so you can transfer in even if you can't create there.

I also understand that the server is usually unlocked immediately after maintenance, if you can stay up that late/wake up that early...

RE: Alternatives to Balmung/Gilgamesh? - Titor - 12-30-2014

It is also unlocked right before maintenance, at least it was for me. I managed to sneak two alts in like 6 minutes before the servers went down. If you want to create multiple characters, click create and at the loading screen force crash/kill the game, then immediately log in to create a new one. You can make multiple characters this way without going through the long intro cutscene if time is of the essence. (though you will have to go through the cutscenes the first time you log into the character to play it)

RE: Alternatives to Balmung/Gilgamesh? - Maril - 12-30-2014

(12-30-2014, 07:57 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: Another option that I understand works is to create on any other server, then use the character move tool to move to Balmung or Gilgamesh. I'm told that it has a different set of lock restrictions than character creation does, so you can transfer in even if you can't create there.

I also understand that the server is usually unlocked immediately after maintenance, if you can stay up that late/wake up that early...

This seems to be the case, I have 2 friends set for xfering on thursday so I can come back and confirm then. The catch is that the characters have to be 3 days old, before then you can't actually select them - but that's good time for levelling and getting rp gear Big Grin

RE: Alternatives to Balmung/Gilgamesh? - Kage - 12-30-2014

I'd say for now to create a character on servers to just play the game on. With the holidays, I give it max 2 more weeks of congestion before 2-5am PST. You could choose to make the characters or move them after 3 days (costing some money)