Hydaelyn Role-Players
Final Fantasy 11 RP Linkshells - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Final Fantasy 11 RP Linkshells (/showthread.php?tid=95)

Pages: 1 2

Final Fantasy 11 RP Linkshells - Kylin - 03-28-2010

There are presently 3 known RP linkshells remaining in Final Fantasy XI. Spread out over 3 servers, they are as follows.

Disclaimer: None of the groups listed here should be viewed as representatives of the RPC. While many of these RPers may make their way into Eorzea, they are still currently a different group for a different game. In addition, beware that the FFXI RP population is vastly smaller and less active today than FF14's.In addition, the RPC does not guarantee that your linkshell will necessarily get a boost from this. Many RPers here have retired from FFXI.

==================================
Asura

Name: Dusk Blades
Contacts: Nesirae
Site: http://duskblades.enjin.com/home</a><!-- m -->
Comments:
--Realistic approach, light supernatural (no half-demons, possession, etc.)
--RP focused group but will help players with mission and level together out of character also.
--Pearl chat mostly IC but allow marked OOC.
--There is an application process.

Lakshmi (Possibly inactive now)

Name: Canter Per Me
Contacts: Xenedra, Blucian, Verence, Muirnin, Lyre, Rakuyu, or Sphinx.
Site: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cantaperme.darkbb.com/">http://cantaperme.darkbb.com

Comments:
--9 or so active members.
--RP mostly later at night.
--Presently Rping Wings of the Goddess missions.
--Primarily “casual” RP.

Siren

Name: Tales of Vana’diel
Contacts: Avina
Site: http://vanatales.8.forumer.com
Comments:
--Current focus on mission progression, “retelling” the game’s plotline.
--Sticks closely to canon.
--Operates around the range of 9 or so people.
--Emphasis on character interactions.

Re: Final Fantasy XI RP Linkshells - Verence - 03-28-2010

Canta Per Me of Lakshmi is still kicking, though rather small. We have maybe 9 or so active members and tend to RP later at night due to player schedules. If we had active RPers on at other times, we'd probably start seeing more RP at other times, but at present we're mostly RPing the Wings of the Goddess missions after everyone's HNMLS events let out. Once we finish up there, it'll probably be back to more general RPs and player-run plot arcs. Canta Per Me probably falls in the 'casual' category, there's a lot of OOC in our channel but people shush up when people are roleplaying in /l. We've never really had problems with too much OOC disrupting RP.

Canta Per Me forum link if anyone's interested. The forum's a bit dead since we do most of our talking and planning in-game, but it is still used. If you want to get ahold of us in-game, you can contact Xenedra, Blucian, Verence, Muirnin, Lyre, Rakuyu, or Sphinx.

Re: Final Fantasy XI RP Linkshells - Eva - 03-29-2010

Hirilonde and Devon are trying to jumpstart a RPLS on Sylph now that we've assimilated the Fairy server. He just told me the name last night, but I honestly don't remember it. At this point I'm no longer participating actively with RP in FFXI, but I may take a pearl to listen in and serve as a supporting role on a part-time basis. If I talk to him at all tonight I'll see if I can get the name and find out more about it.

Re: Final Fantasy XI RP Linkshells - River - 03-29-2010

LostBoys on Leviathan is on an indefinite hiatus. We may attempt to kick back up again, but at this point are not active.

Re: Final Fantasy XI RP Linkshells - Blade - 04-13-2010

Well this came as a surprise! As I told Castiel in an e-mail, can't complain about free advertising in a community of FF RPers Wink

Anyways, we are definitely active, and now we are closer to nine-ish active members instead of six. After seeing this here today I actually went to the forums and added a lot of info for anyone who might be interested in joining, even for just a short time (although our group is planning on continuing past FFXIV launch). Anyone who would join us between now and then would be welcome to stick with us past FFXIV launch, but we would not require it of you, we'd just ask that you work yourself out of the story in character. Smile

Thanks again for listing us Castiel and I hope to talk with more of you all soon. Smile

Re: Final Fantasy XI RP Linkshells - Nanapariri - 04-13-2010

Yay!

Name: Sfant Umbra
Server: Asura
Contacts: Tsumi, Nesirae and Seigfried
Website: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://sfantumbra.forum.st/forum.htm">http://sfantumbra.forum.st/forum.htm</a><!-- m -->

Info: We are taking a more "realistic" approach going light on the supernatural (ie no half-demons, possession etc) and basing things as close to lore as possible. We are an RP focused group but will help players with mission and level together out of character also. We try to keep pearl chat IC but do also do some OOC with it marked.

There is an applicaton process.

Re: Final Fantasy XI RP Linkshells - Blade - 04-27-2010

I thought that I might also add that my group is by no means on the decline. In fact, we actually continue to get bigger and take on a new member every couple months (we have 10-11 now). Been talking to people and many of them are planning to be here for awhile, so yeah, if you do have some ffxi rp interest definitely check us out! I think we'll be going on for quite some time. Smile still many adventures to be had!

Re: Final Fantasy XI RP Linkshells - Champange - 07-18-2010

Hi, this is Champange again, remember me, the ignorant mother who has no idea what she is doing.
I have been reading, and reading, and reading, and I guess I am as in the fog as I was when I woke up. I have read the lore, from first page to last page, and I still do not understand. I need to have a character who is my opposite or could be my mini-me.
I know my personality does not lend itself to doing magic or anything that takes alot of remembering. So, to make this long story short, HELP Please. Help me. I want to be a good RP'ger, and do what is needed, but I am so confused. There is so many decisions to be made, and each one is dependent on the other, and if you don't make the right decision, your .... well, lets just say (I don't use curse words), your in trouble.
Then there is the Linkshell thing. Huh??? How can you be in a linkshell if you don't have the game to play. I can't understand how one can go without the other, Help again. Please. My dear dear Keyaro is waiting for me to make a decision, and I have no idea what I am going to do. Confusion to the max. Frustrated

Re: Final Fantasy XI RP Linkshells - Eva - 07-19-2010

Champange Wrote:Then there is the Linkshell thing. Huh??? How can you be in a linkshell if you don't have the game to play. I can't understand how one can go without the other, Help again. Please. My dear dear Keyaro is waiting for me to make a decision, and I have no idea what I am going to do. Confusion to the max.
I can see how Roman numerals could make for some confusion.
FFXI = FF11
FFXIV = FF14.

Hopefully I can help clear this up a little bit. I believe this thread is for people still wishing to continue RP in Final Fantasy 11 Online. Most of the rest of the forums here are in anticipation of creating a RP community in Final Fantasy 14. So the linkshells being discussed in this thread already exist and have fostered communities possibly dating back several years. This thread came about because there are a number of servers in Final Fantasy 11 that no longer have active RP communities, and some people still wish to RP on FF11, so it has helped mobilize groups to the servers where there is a RP population.

In FF14, we're hoping to mobilize everyone onto one server to avoid issues like this. This is one of the chief goals of the RPC.

Re: Final Fantasy XI RP Linkshells - Smiling River - 07-19-2010

I think this thread should be squished to avoid confusion.

Re: Final Fantasy XI RP Linkshells - Shamadconde - 07-19-2010

Or at least change XI to 11 to avoid confusion.

Re: Final Fantasy 11 RP Linkshells - Kylin - 07-19-2010

Changed the title from "XI" to "11." Honestly, this thread has probably served its purpose though. I don't think any of the listed RP groups benefited from this at all sadly. The majority of RPers have pretty much abandoned Vana'diel. I'll leave it stickied for a bit longer but not too much longer.

Re: Final Fantasy 11 RP Linkshells - Blade - 07-25-2010

Castiel Wrote:I don't think any of the listed RP groups benefited from this at all sadly. The majority of RPers have pretty much abandoned Vana'diel.

Hey, don't rain on our parade. :/ I wouldn't argue that FFXI has a thriving or vibrant RP community but it is there for those who seek it. My group continues to grow in members and our numbers of events per week have started to go up as more people join and start to initiate activities.

I do find the anti-vana'deil edge on this forum to be rather disheartening. Just because there are some RP groups in FFXI that have shut down doesn't mean that we all have or that we're struggling to get by... oh well, with comments like these bothering me so much I should really just stay away.

Re: Final Fantasy 11 RP Linkshells - DAISHI - 07-25-2010

"I don't think any of the listed RP groups benefited from this at all sadly."

Truth.

"The majority of RPers have pretty much abandoned Vana'diel."

Truth.

What was the problem again?

Re: Final Fantasy 11 RP Linkshells - Kylin - 07-25-2010

There's no "anti-Vana'diel edge" on this forum. Many of us have been there and RPed there for years. If anything, we're pro-Vana'diel (hence this being stickied to begin with). However, this is a FFXIV based forum. And as I stated already, the advertised FFXI shells have not benefited much, if at all, by this sticky advertisement. Any members gained for any of the 3 Vana'diel RP groups were likely gained through individual recruitment efforts in game.

The truth is, most RPers HAVE abandoned Vana'diel. We're not saying all of them have but certainly the majority. I'm not sure where you're getting the "anti-Vana'diel" tone from any of these truthful remarks.