Hydaelyn Role-Players
Seeking active, social and engaging LS for friendship, connections and fun! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Seeking active, social and engaging LS for friendship, connections and fun! (/showthread.php?tid=9529)

Seeking active, social and engaging LS for friendship, connections and fun! - Cato - 01-03-2015

I've been playing FFXIV periodically since the game re-launched and piqued my curiosity. Some of you may have seen me post here now and then or even seen me in-game! I have, however, never really gotten heavily involved in the community to any major extent.

That's something I intend to change, especially since I feel as though this game just keeps getting better and better with each new content patch. At the moment I'm not looking to get too heavily involved in role-play as I intend to get rid of my current character in favour of an Au Ra as soon as they're available and assuming they prove to be to my tastes.

Here's the thing, though - I also play WoW on the side and although I'm eager to wean myself off of that I always seem to end up crawling back simply because of the sheer number of friends I've made over the years that I've invested in it. Friends that have little interest in playing FFXIV!

I'm interested in every aspect of the game - be it dungeons, raids, role-play or just random chatter. At the moment I'm not really interested in joining a guild but I won't rule out the possibility of doing so. I'm specifically looking to be 'one of the gang' as it stands - rather than just another face in the crowd who occasionally adds something to a conversation.

I'm also British and live in England, for what that's worth - but since my time is flexible and I work from home I generally operate during weird hours that often aligns with those of you who live in the US!

At any rate, I won't ramble further and if anybody has any questions I'll be happy to answer them!

RE: Seeking active, social and engaging LS for friendship, connections and fun! - Aduu Avagnar - 01-03-2015

Yay! another Brit, I would invite you to my FC's OOC LS, but its not that active (we are in the process of building up) so it doesnt have much chatter. but I'm also from England, so we could be English together! Tongue

RE: Seeking active, social and engaging LS for friendship, connections and fun! - Cato - 01-03-2015

(01-03-2015, 11:24 PM)Nako Wrote: Yay! another Brit, I would invite you to my FC's OOC LS, but its not that active (we are in the process of building up) so it doesnt have much chatter. but I'm also from England, so we could be English together! Tongue

Hey there! You're welcome to approach me in-game if you'd like to chat! I'm not just looking purely for a LS, really - individuals would be grand as well!

RE: Seeking active, social and engaging LS for friendship, connections and fun! - Faye - 01-03-2015

If you decide you're in the market for an FC, Harbingers of Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. You're welcome to check us out! You can learn more about us here and apply on our website if you're interested.

As far as linkshells go, I recommend Open RP for all your RP adventuress and I Wanna be the Clear for all your PvE needs!

RE: Seeking active, social and engaging LS for friendship, connections and fun! - Izayoi - 01-04-2015

I think the two Linkshells mentioned here are two very good options. I'm not 100% sure though if Open RP has a waiting list still, but at least I know we had one before. 

I can relate to what you say though, even though I have tried to be in a FC (way to much drama and "clicky" for my taste in the end), and I am in Open Rp I still find myself a little on the sidelines. I also used to/still play wow (mostly because Garrisons are way fun) so I do miss the social part that I had there a little. 

I hope you find what your looking for though, and the new race, I think they will be fun (and will make Miq'ote population dwindle down ^^))

RE: Seeking active, social and engaging LS for friendship, connections and fun! - ArmachiA - 01-05-2015

You're welcome to join the NB OOC LS that we use for communication outside of the FC. Be warned, I have actually heard people say it's TOO talkative.

RE: Seeking active, social and engaging LS for friendship, connections and fun! - Martiallais - 01-05-2015

(01-05-2015, 09:46 PM)ArmachiA Wrote: You're welcome to join the NB OOC LS that we use for communication outside of the FC. Be warned, I have actually heard people say it's TOO talkative.

I never knew that there was such a thing. o_o Too talkative? What is that? (Most of my linkshells are fairly quiet ;_; )

RE: Seeking active, social and engaging LS for friendship, connections and fun! - ArmachiA - 01-05-2015

Join us Zarek Tongue

Seriously! I've had people tell me they have to shut the ls off because it's too talky

RE: Seeking active, social and engaging LS for friendship, connections and fun! - Martiallais - 01-09-2015

(01-05-2015, 11:43 PM)ArmachiA Wrote: Join us Zarek Tongue

Super tempting in more ways than one!

RE: Seeking active, social and engaging LS for friendship, connections and fun! - Gar - 01-09-2015

My wife actually just started a brand new social LS for RPers (The Tavern). We've always had our FC's OOC LS, but we wanted something more open and less linked to certain FCs. We're in the process of copy/pasting all our friends and allies into it, so its not majorly huge at the moment, but there are RPers who love to meet new people and do content.

If you have questions about it or would like an invite let me know. You can send me a message here or catch either me or my wife in game. (Garryson Shipkeeper or Aireiel Shipkeeper). Either way, I wish you the best of luck with building connections. We're in sorta the same boat at the moment, and I know how sometimes it can be a bit daunting.