Hydaelyn Role-Players
New Business Opportunity in The Goblet - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Tonberry's Lantern (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: New Business Opportunity in The Goblet (/showthread.php?tid=9570)

Pages: 1 2

New Business Opportunity in The Goblet - GloryRhodes - 01-06-2015

[Image: Hn8sQqQ.jpg]

A new business venture ripe for investment has appeared in fine Ul'Dah, sponsoered by none other than Z'zhumii Umi, The Sex Queen of Ul'Dah herself.  In a meeting with the press she announced her intention to open up a high end tavern in The Goblet.

"It will be Sagolii desert themed, with all the creature comforts expected. Good desert cuisine, throw pillows and long sofas to lounge on," Umi said.  Singers and dancers will also grace the halls of Le Chat de Sable.  "Despite the theme of it, I chose to go with an Ishgardian name.  It means The Sand Cat."

Umi is currently looking for investors to assist her in purchasing the property.  "Anyone willing to help front for the housing lot and house itself would be repaid in free food, drink and use of the bar for their own parties and events.  They would be treated as VIPs, if you would."

And it's not only investors she's looking for, either.  "Le Chat de Sable will also rent rooms to staff, as well as working women of courtesan or lesser title.  I like to make sure that my kind are taken care of, when so few care at all."

"I do not wish to act as a pimp, just a land lady.  Rent will just be rent instead of a cut of their profits, and they would be free to come and go as they pleased," Umi said.  "Of course, if some are able to works as dancers and singers in the bar, they would receive the same wage as any other, and patrons are welcome to tip them."

Le Chat Sable is not, however, a brothel.  "Should patrons seek further entertainment, the only rule I'd have for the employees is to keep it discrete."

Z'zhumii Umi can be found in the Quicksand most evenings, and those who are interested in backing the venture, or are interested in employment as a host, hostress, chef, bartender or entertainer are welcome to seek her out.

RE: New Business Opportunity in The Goblet - Melkire - 01-06-2015

Osric looked up from the paper, a frown creasing his brow as he rested against something big and red and feathery.

"...doesn't sable mean black?"

"Kweh!"

RE: New Business Opportunity in The Goblet - PkThunda - 01-06-2015

(01-06-2015, 04:48 PM)Melkire Wrote: Osric looked up from the paper, a frown creasing his brow as he rested against something big and red and feathery.

"Kweh!"

( SABLE IS FRENCH FOR SAND. SAB- LEH )

RE: New Business Opportunity in The Goblet - Aya - 01-06-2015

(01-06-2015, 04:53 PM)PkThunda Wrote:
(01-06-2015, 04:48 PM)Melkire Wrote: Osric looked up from the paper, a frown creasing his brow as he rested against something big and red and feathery.

"Kweh!"

((Is there an Ishgardian tie? O.O

Oops! Added OOC brackets, since replies here look to be in-character ^_^ ))

RE: New Business Opportunity in The Goblet - Gegenji - 01-06-2015

"Kweh!"

(( Does it have a Chocobo Stab-leh? ))

RE: New Business Opportunity in The Goblet - Melkire - 01-06-2015

"Kweh!"

( -I- KNOW THAT. OSRIC DOESN'T. )

RE: New Business Opportunity in The Goblet - Swashbuckler - 01-06-2015

Garrett, in the Slater Estate, seems to have picked up this paper from the daily heralds. He raised an eyebrow at the paper and then sat down while preparing himself some tea.

He read the words to himself but they were still audible. "Le Chat Sable? Might this be from a language in Othard or Ilsabard that I've yet to hear...?"

RE: New Business Opportunity in The Goblet - Dogberry - 01-06-2015

Iskierka folded up the newspaper and put it inside her grimoire for the time being. She had been looking for a place to sell her services as a fortune teller, and was aware of several parties interested in providing her a place to work. She wondered what this "Sex Queen of Ul'dah" might have to offer. She gulped down the last of her tea and rose from her seat at the bar of the Quicksand.

RE: New Business Opportunity in The Goblet - TheBlob - 01-06-2015

Andralyn shook the paper's corner to straighten the page.  She lifted the small ceramic mug to her lips as she enjoyed the bitter smell if this morning's brew. 

"A familiar enough name..." she mused, finishing the advertisement. 

She turned the page and took a drink.

Good for her... always nice to see businesses expanding into new territory. 

She smirked and sat back to enjoy the sun rising over the plateau through her window.

I do hope she has a decent bit of muscle on site. Booze and whores are always a messy pairing...

RE: New Business Opportunity in The Goblet - Jana - 01-06-2015

The tanned keeper went from her usual toasty brown to a bright pink even as she read the first sentences in the paper, thankful in the back of her head that she was alone in her Quicksand room. As she read on, that pink became red, scarlet, and crimson, with every rouge in-between. "That woman- Was she really this famous 'Sex Queen' in the tavern that evening? And... She needs workers?"

She swallowed hard, an empty gesture in the room alone, and crumpled the paper into a wad with her clammy hands. "...I wonder if they need guards. So no one does anything improper to the innocent women working there, of course..."

RE: New Business Opportunity in The Goblet - Miah Polaali - 01-06-2015

Miah Polaali, would plop down in her favorite chair by the fire place in the clan mansion. With a drink her her hand she would then begin flipping through the articles until her eyes came across this very article. "....Do what?", She would reply with a raised brow, till she took a sip from her glass which contained her clans 'special' wine. Her ears then perked up as a wiry grin curled on her face. A business idea perhaps?

RE: New Business Opportunity in The Goblet - Kahn'a - 01-07-2015

There in Ul'dah low-streets lay a discarded edition of the news; It caught Kahn'a's eyes. The Keeper stepped out of the shadows, and in barely more time than was needed to blink, shot out his hand and claimed the roll for himself. Once out of the way, he indulged his curiosity and glanced over the titles. There was one his eyes could not help but come back to, quite literally drawn to it. The Sex Queen of Ul'dah opening up a tavern of sorts in The Goblet. The Keeper's mouth pursed in disgust.

Mother, I truly wish you're dead, methinks you'd have been grieved by this very sight. Kin rolling in mud in hopes of striking gold, that's what that is.

An insidious and intrusive little voice murmured that perhaps, he was not that different. His goal was not gold, but when he donned the uniform, he had sold his body as well in some regard. The prospect of similarities between the two distilled a powerful fear in his heart, and so he quickly cast the roll aside, as if prolonged contact could stain his already dirty hands. Of course, the establishment was meant to be a place of leisure and respite, but Kahn'a harboured the doubt that with such a benefactor at its head, desperate souls — and not the poor kind — would converge to it.

He spared the newspapers no second look, for in his mind bloomed another idea. Resuming his skulking through the streets, Kahn'a smirked to himself. If the rich and the yearning were to make the fortune of such an establishment with regular attendance, then there would definitely be opportunities for business…

RE: New Business Opportunity in The Goblet - PkThunda - 01-07-2015

Z'zhumii, having been too busy to grab a paper on the day her article went, finally picked it up and lounged back into a plush velvet sofa that was not her own.
Leafing through, the Sunseeker eyed the piece done on her venture and sighed lightly. Misspellings and a misunderstanding of Ishgardian word usage, it was still a very good work for what she needed.

The Sex Queen of Ul'dah shook her head.
"Why does she still insist on calling me that?"

RE: New Business Opportunity in The Goblet - Aysun - 01-07-2015

Aysun narrowed her eyes, reading the article. Originally interested due to the locale, the information that followed seemed only to confuse and disgust her. She stopped more than once with a look that screamed embarrassment - for the writer, for the subject, for her kind.

The paper went into a bin with a flourish.

RE: New Business Opportunity in The Goblet - Roysia Stone - 01-08-2015

Silence filled Stone's Vigil, Roysia's sarcastically named manor. 

In her office, the redhead was staring intensely at the paper, brows furrowed in thought.
"Business opportunity, but... A whore house?" She bit her lip as she leaned back, hands folding behind her head. 
"Gil's gil, yet..." She shook her head gently, eyes moving up. "People will enjoy themselves if I fund it or not. Perhaps I can convince this woman to get me a cut in exchange for a hefty amount of gil to start her off..." 
Steel eyes rose as the attempting-tycoon whistled sharply. "Rick! Bring me my quill and paper! Need to write a letter!"