Hydaelyn Role-Players
FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 2.5 - Before the Fall Trailer - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 2.5 - Before the Fall Trailer (/showthread.php?tid=9653)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 2.5 - Before the Fall Trailer - Clover - 01-14-2015

Since no one posted it, here's the original Japanese trailer. I refuse to believe I'm the only one playing this game with its original voices!

[youtube]Cf6uskQ1KdQ[/youtube]

I was hoping for the trailer to show more fluff content like new outfits and hairstyles, but at least we could see Gold Saucer! What made me the most excited was Yugiri. I need Au Ras in my life ;_;

RE: FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 2.5 - Before the Fall Trailer - allgivenover - 01-14-2015

I switch back and forth with the voices. Recently I have spent more time with the english voices because Urianger is voiced by Gideon Emery, and I love hearing Balthier speak so poetically.

RE: FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 2.5 - Before the Fall Trailer - Blue - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 10:46 AM)allgivenover Wrote: At that point what you are asking for is content for people who don't play the game really.

There probably is new little things they are not showing, it usually seems to be the case with the patch trailers.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I was looking for small, RP friendly things. Like an "IC" status to search for active roleplayers (like Looking for Meld status, Busy status etc), or changeposes for mounts (I'd love to sidesaddle when wearing robes, and I almost always wear robes), or new mounts, or new, non pokemon-esque minions (thinking of Fable 2 & 3 Dog), or that they'd make facial expression permanent, give us backpacks to display with a toggle command (similar to /legacymark), and a lot many other small things I did poke for on the official forums.

(01-14-2015, 10:53 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: Also! Reach out to us kind RPC folk! I've been recently of the mind to help people who need a story dungeon run or two (Instance battles and questing in general I probably can't help with but maybe you can get through those well enough anyway!) -- because I know some circumstances disallow them from doing it on their own. If there's anyone who shows interest in helping people like that, poke them!

Thanks a lot! Yes, I've had friends offer their help before, but as of now it's not really a matter of needing help, as much as a situation of "I just can't". There's many factors, including my role of main Pacekeeper in our RP LS as well as, again, issues that lean more towards my personal mind and psyche, which I've mentioned here and there but feel would derail this thread to explain in full here.

Anyways, I am excited for this new content as much as anyone else, so don't take my posts as though I'm thinking it's bad or that SE should have done something else instead of this. I think it's great and will look forward to when I will get there myself. I just am hoping to see something for those like me (or if you want, for very new lowbie players, cause I feel they're really in no different situation as myself, even if for a complete separate reason (They just started! Can't unlock that stuff yet.)). Would love some stuff not locked behind a Lv50 wall or a mountain of gil (looking at you, lv1 craftable gear...!) Frustrated

RE: FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 2.5 - Before the Fall Trailer - Steel Wolf - 01-14-2015

I plan to pay it forward with the help and support I've been receiving. I'm still ker-noob'ing about, but once I'm up to snuff in experience, I wanna help you out when your situation allows it.

Give me a poke Blue. <3

RE: FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 2.5 - Before the Fall Trailer - Cato - 01-15-2015

I'm pretty excited. There's a lot of great stuff due to be added over the next few months and then not long afterwards we'll be able to sink our teeth into a new expansion. Other MMO development teams really need to start taking notes since FFXIV is currently blowing everything else out of the water when it comes to meaningful and consistently timed content patches.

RE: FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 2.5 - Before the Fall Trailer - Kage - 01-20-2015

Some people thought

Q Is the dragon that appears at the end of the patch Nidhogg, the dragon that used to terrorize Coerthas?
A Not that one. Please look forward to Heavensward for news on Nidhogg (laughs)