Hydaelyn Role-Players
Character Journals - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Character Journals (/showthread.php?tid=9664)

Pages: 1 2

Character Journals - Aysun - 01-14-2015

I know it's been a thread before, but I'm looking for some current journalers!

I'm curious how many folks out there have in-character journals. I like reading them (and writing them), and would like to link them if they're active on my own journal so I can check in on them! (Something silly I like to do from back in my website-making days.)

So, in-character writers, show me your stuff! Tumblr, Wordpress, Forum post, whatever. Smile Plug it! Talk about it!

(Feel free to move this if it's in the wrong forum. >> I'm sleepy.)

RE: Character Journals - Duskwright - 01-14-2015

ICly V'arimbeh runs her own Newspaper which has new Issues published to her Tumblr account, which also documents her life. I don't post that much, but when I do its a lot of posts at once. I don't know why I don't que things, but thats effort so I just floood all the words. (I was actually in the process of writing up a new post on there but got distracted with this lovely site)

RE: Character Journals - Kurt S. - 01-14-2015

I should probably continue writing Kurt's journal XD

RE: Character Journals - Aya - 01-14-2015

I do not keep a journal, but I guess I do something similar to that in my RPC thread here with vignettes into my characters private thoughts and life.  I know a lot of people use other websites and services (tumblr, et al.) but I just keep it simple with an RPC thread ^_^

RE: Character Journals - Aysun - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 01:07 AM)Chicken Nugger Wrote: I should probably continue writing Kurt's journal XD
Yes you should! And you should link me so I can read it! Smile

There's nothing wrong with journaling via a thread here or on a guild site - I just am hoping to get a collection of journals I can visit and follow and enjoy reading. ^^

RE: Character Journals - Aya - 01-14-2015

Mine began as an open RP thread, and really is a mix between story, journal, and RP I guess...

But here it is ^_^

The two pages are mostly journal-like I think!

(01-14-2015, 01:18 AM)Aysun Wrote:
(01-14-2015, 01:07 AM)Chicken Nugger Wrote: I should probably continue writing Kurt's journal XD

There's nothing wrong with journaling via a thread here or on a guild site - I just am hoping to get a collection of journals I can visit and follow and enjoy reading. ^^
Let met get that journal up to speed first.

RE: Character Journals - Duskwright - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 01:18 AM)Aysun Wrote:

I agree! Everyone should totally have an IC Journal of sometype. I love reading about other characters and what they did. I'll even give cookies to people who link their Journal. @w@

RE: Character Journals - sforze - 01-14-2015

stoichiometric-ratio.tumblr.com < Full of nerdy alchemy BS and other embarrassing IC tidbits!

RE: Character Journals - ArmachiA - 01-14-2015

I keep one, it's current but a few months behind since I got REALLY busy September - December, but I'm doing a massive post dump soon to catch up (Seriously the Word document is 21 pages so far). Current and still being worked on though!

*In signature*

RE: Character Journals - C'io Behkt - 01-14-2015

This is oddly timed as I had just opened your character journal earlier this week, :o. I'll get mine to you once I start up again; the need for writing it out has been brewing over the last few days, Tonberry.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=9445

HUrr thought it aint the slightest bit up to date with Kurt's escapades. I'm probably gonna open one up for Keil(when he has his own adventure) and Alicen(when she can finally learn to write)

RE: Character Journals - Steel Wolf - 01-14-2015

I do need to kick mine back up again, but I'm not able to remove older entries and the like.

I dunno...journals are a weird thing. On the one hand, I like to write them, but on the other hand it just seems like these sorts of interactions would be more fun with people than written out in a solo story.

(01-14-2015, 08:20 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: I do need to kick mine back up again, but I'm not able to remove older entries and the like.

I dunno...journals are a weird thing.  On the one hand, I like to write them, but on the other hand it just seems like these sorts of interactions would be more fun with people than written out in a solo story.
Except that sometimes it's real pain the in the ass to find these people for the stories with v.v True story that.

RE: Character Journals - Dasair - 01-14-2015

Books of Xavarian

I've been trying to keep his journal up to date, though I'm about 7 or 8 entries behind, currently. I have a lot of the notes though! Just a matter of writing them out onto the forums.

Regardless, this thing is still active. It is.. a collection of notes, occasionally riddles, and actual entries based on IC events that have happened to the character. So it is very much a character journal, it's also a real IC item, and something I emote him writing in a lot during conversation. It's much less a collection of additional stories, like what some people do, and much more what my character is actually writing about when he suddenly pulls out his elaborate tome ICly and starts scribbling stuff down. Thus, if you meet my character ICly, there's a good chance you'll show up in there somewhere.

... eventually. Entries aren't correlated to the irl time I actually post them, but they ARE all in chronological order, so at least there's that. *lays down*