Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello! (/showthread.php?tid=9687)

Hello! - CloverMagic - 01-16-2015

Um...hi! -waves- I've been playing FFXIV since June or so, got an i116 BLM on my main server Phoenix.  However, I've always been interested in RP and actually had a rather lore-appropriate backstory for my character (even if he is just an animu character revamped as a Miqo'te with an appropriate name lol).  Of course I heard about Balmung, but getting in was an exercise in futility.  Until now, when those unlucky 90ks yesterday actually gave me an open window to take advantage of, and I got on!  Avatar is my main, but since I cloned myself for my RP alt it's all good, right? XD

So, hello, Eorzea of Balmung!

--MMORPG background
My first MMO was Ragnarok Online, starting from the international alpha way back when and continuing a couple of years after.  Also dabbled in FFXI, but unfortunately I had no disposable income in its heyday and thus couldn't pay for a sub.  (Also trying to play it on dial-up with a PS2 and no keyboard was a...frustrating experience, to put it mildly).  I also sometimes go on LotRO cause I'm a helpless Tolkien fan but get bored with the free-to-play content gating pretty quickly.

--RP experience
Fairly experienced.  Most of it's been through IM RP with a single partner, although I have also done the oldschool Livejournal RPs and some mass chat ones.  I'd say it's been about 8 years worth.

--Character ideas/info
Haru'a is a Keeper male, born to one of the tribes of Keeper poachers in the Shroud.  The Keeper desire for freedom to practice their traditional ways got fixed into him, but mutated into a desire for personal freedom above all else.  Because of this - and his inherently kind nature - he started to chafe against the poaching lifestyle and Keeper discrimination against males, being annoyed that he technically doesn't even have his own name, just his mother's name with a title about which son he is, and he didn't like the idea of being little more than a wandering one night stand.  Not to mention all the Hyurs and Elezan he saw at glimpses through the trees didn't seem to be that way.  So, when he started being pressured to leave his mother's family unit and take up the wandering lifestyle, he went eagerly..and completely, not intending to return to any Keeper societies any time soon.  He found himself in Ul'dah - as Gridania was too close to home and he has an ingrained distrust for Gridanians due to his heritage - and took up thaumaturge as a passing interest, and that's where his story starts.  Quiet, taciturn Keeper male but sincere and honest, even if he's not good with words.

--How did you learn about the coalition?
Googled FFXIV RP, ended up here.  Hi!

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
I suppose medium?  I intend to be in-character "at all times" if approached, but certainly won't be initiating it in dungeons or out questing unless asked to.  Otherwise I intend to be "in character" as I wander around.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
Um...I'm very shy and probably won't initiate much until I get more comfortable, and this is kind of nerve-wracking to post, but...hi!

RE: Hello! - Aya - 01-16-2015

HI! Welcome to Balmung!!

RE: Hello! - Ronin'ra - 01-16-2015

Aye, welcome to the RPC and Balmung. Played me a ton of RO back in the day, myself.

If you're looking for any RP and whatnot, feel free to friend/message me in-game.

RE: Hello! - Atoli - 01-16-2015

Welcome to the RPC! I like what I hear of your character's story you've written; if you're ever in need of help (be it dungeon queues, tough fights, explanations, or otherwise) or roleplay don't be afraid to hit me up in game or through the forums! :D

RE: Hello! - Maril - 01-16-2015

Welcome aboard ^^

RE: Hello! - MrPoopyButtHole - 01-16-2015

Welcome to the happiest fun friendliest......

It'll come to me but welcome! Add me for RP anytime (although Pyralis hates keepers) Pyralis Targaryen / Naoh'a Mujuuk / Zakkn'a Jakkya

RE: Hello! - Ligardian Dreamer - 01-18-2015

Welcome! "May the path in the light of the crystal" be filled with many memories and experiences!